Tips for How to avoid crash on PS4

I have very few crash, less than once every day. Here are my advices:

1. Buy a SSD(250G+), replace the HDD or use SATA to USB converter.

2. Rebuild the database everyday before you play.

3. Close HDCP

4. DONT play impale. MUST have 0% impale chance.

5. DONT use herald of ice or ash.

My character is level 98 and I don't remember last rip. Hope these tips could help.
Last edited by douma101 on Aug 11, 2019, 2:56:26 AM
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2019, 11:13:04 AM
"
douma101 wrote:
I have very few crash, less than once every day. Here are my advices:

3. Close HDCP

My character is level 98 and I don't remember last rip. Hope these tips could help.

Dear Douma,

Thanks for the post, and your tips did in fact help. I had to google HDCP to educate myself on what it is. Then turned it off. I went from blue screening every hour to once or twice a day over the last two days. Awesome. Thanks for that.

As for the database rebuild, I did it but it didn't seem to improve my chances of avoiding blue screening past what turning HDCP off did.

Thanks for taking the time.

Best Regards,

JHJ

Umm no .... why in the hell should I have to spend money to alter my ps4 to play your game ? Or not use spells that game offers because it creates instability .... A better resolution to the problem is fix what you broke ggg or not release a game that isnt ready just to get people's money .... now theres an idea
Last edited by BR0K3NxHAL0 on Aug 12, 2019, 1:04:52 PM
No Herald of Ice? Those explosions and the sounds they create are the BEST thing about PoE!
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
"
JunkheadJoe wrote:
"
douma101 wrote:

As for the database rebuild, I did it but it didn't seem to improve my chances of avoiding blue screening past what turning HDCP off did.

JHJ

Hi JHJ

Yes I also found it's not necessary to rebuild the database everyday, heralds of ice and ash are playable. There is a new tip I learned from someone in the forum, turn all sound volume to 0 in game options. With these tips I have not get any crash in the past 2 weeks.

"
douma101 wrote:

Hi JHJ

Yes I also found it's not necessary to rebuild the database everyday, heralds of ice and ash are playable. There is a new tip I learned from someone in the forum, turn all sound volume to 0 in game options. With these tips I have not get any crash in the past 2 weeks.

Hello Douma,

I've been doing a process of elimination on what sound settings actually cause blue screen.

Apparently sounds created by either skills, minions, adversaries or interactions with the environment are the root case for everything blue.

The last blue screen I had that I wasn't trying to cause myself was 19 AUG. Since then I have had a few when turning sounds on and off to see what was root cause, combined with different skill setups.

Sound effects and Ambient Sound have to be at 0, no doubt. Either of them turned up to anything above 0 will court a blue screen.

My current sound settings are as follows.

Master - maxed
Sound effects - 0
Music - 0 (but only because it doesn't tune well with my Bluegrass)
Ambient - 0
Dialogue - 40ish
Item Filter - 50

Reverb is off and always has been, but I never tested it so no idea if it has anything to do with anything.

As far as what skills can cause a blue screen with the above sound settings in place...none. I've tried and tried and can't cause a blue screen.

Skills that are by far worst with sound effects on are SRS, Cyclone, Double Strike, a wide range of Spectres, Scourge Arrow, anything that channels a skill, using Poet's Pen wand, and ummmmm some other stuff. I can't remember it all.

I'll let GGG figure the rest of it out.

The one other setting that has a pretty big impact on performance, not so much the blue screen, but performance wise, turning off the floating health and mana bars above allies and monsters cleared up my screen stutter for all but the most concentrated breach, legion fight, or abyss.

This is all on PS4, and an old one at that.

I hope this helps someone. Have a good one.

Best Regards,

JHJ
Hi, can someone give some advice? I think to buy an external drive for games (such as this https://www.bestadvisor.com/ps4-external-hard-drives) So, it doesn’t matter where the online games will be located, on the inside or outside the memory?
I'm pickle
I tried almost everything you can find out about it to avoid crashes. Nothing was really useful.
In the end the only thing that really helped was to figure out the right build.
Now I am running a Lightning Deadeye and it feels like another game. Before this I had most of the times a few Bluescreens in an hour, now it were two in two weeks.
I tried this with Tornado-Shot and it crashed a lot, then I tried it with cold - same and then I switched to Lightning Arrow and there it is, a smoothie game play with less lags and really less crashes. (Blight still an unplayable lagfest at higher tiers...)
No need to change options or rebuild data base, ssd and whatever not really helps.
I hope GGG feels ashamed for this shit!
This game must be one of the best and the community has been trying to resolve a problem of GGG. Pls GGG answer to our problems i cant play this amazing game, im tired to see blue screens and no answers. Do something for the community.

Sorry for mi english.

From Chile with love.
I have stopped getting crashes completely since i saw on here someone mention turning sound in-game to 0.

Try turning the sound off, might be annoying if you have nothing else to do while play but i listen to podcasts or critical roll episodes while i play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info