Latency spikes

I'm getting latency spikes in game, causing desyncing. Sometimes it's several seconds before it syncs again. It happens on both my desktop and my laptop, wired and on WiFi.

Forcing predictive network mode makes the game more playable but doesn't stop the spikes.

Testing my internet connection using https://isp-monitor.appspot.com/ shows that my latency to other parts of the internet is consistently <50ms, with no downtime so far on wired, and rare WiFi timeouts (much rarer than the latency spikes in game) when I'm on WiFi.

WinMTR output can be found at:
https://pastebin.com/Y5ErbARz

Can anyone suggest a solution?
Last bumped on Jul 18, 2019, 9:11:37 AM
Most of the players have this issue my friend, we can't do ... about it yet
You have extreme latency spikes (240+) on the 2 hop on your WinMTR report and it continues all the way to the server -->
host-212-158-250-39.dslgb.com - 0 | 1112 | 1112 | 6 | 10 | 248 | 7 |

This is the connection between the ISP device in your house and the ISP network "out in the road", so I would look at that.

Also don't use WIFI while playing PoE because that is sure to curse problems.

If there is any kind of firewall (UPnP) in your ISP device, disable it and test again.
I tried playing on wired and WiFi, same latency spikes.

I've disabled UPnP and the router's firewall, and retested. Here are the results:
https://pastebin.com/9XEZCeyL

All the tests I've posted were done on a wired connection.
Last edited by samborin on Jul 16, 2019, 4:07:45 PM
that looks much better now. You don't have the "local" latency spikes anymore,

Did it help ingame?
No, I still get the spikes. It's worth noting that the latency in a spike can be several seconds (thousands of ms), so even that latency at that hop (240ms) wouldn't account for them.
Last edited by samborin on Jul 17, 2019, 12:01:32 PM
I'm also having latency spikes ever since this league started, i've been playing since 2013 and never had this much latency.

At some times during peak hours, the game becomes borderline unplayable. There are so many people with latency problems, and so many people blaming our isp for the lag we expierence in only 1 game, every other game i play has no problem.

I'm no internet expert, but something must have changed at GGG's servers, since i, and many others never experienced these severe latency problems which started to happen since the last league.
"
Grimstarz wrote:
I'm also having latency spikes ever since this league started, i've been playing since 2013 and never had this much latency.

At some times during peak hours, the game becomes borderline unplayable. There are so many people with latency problems, and so many people blaming our isp for the lag we expierence in only 1 game, every other game i play has no problem.

I'm no internet expert, but something must have changed at GGG's servers, since i, and many others never experienced these severe latency problems which started to happen since the last league.

Hey, exactly my thoughts.
Some weeks ago i upgraded my Internet line from 16k to 100k and hoped for a better gameplay and in the last days i was also looking for a new GPU, but reading all those posts makes me feel that it's not my fault.
That's really no fun to play and i dont want to think about people playing hardcore like this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info