SSF Creative Build Viability? Found Some Stuff, Want to Use it.

I only play SSF (cannot stand trading, and no one I know really plays). But, I've been finding some nice stuff. I want to try a more creative build than something typical (meaning, non-traditional class (like Bow Marauder) or Scion), but rather than going at it as I often do on my own, I want to know how viable it all may end up being first. Please let me know if any of these seem like good ideas!

I've got the following items I'd like to experiment with in tandem:

Ignite Bow Build
Spoiler

I can use the Xoph blessing on the bow for Xoph's Nurture and would maybe hope for a Tul, as well, for Snowblind Grace. I'll probably fit in a Siege Ballista (Ice Shot) and will likely fit in Frenzy for charges. I want to try this with a Chieftan. The totem bonuses, burning/ignite bonuses, and leech on fire damage seem like a good mix, and depending on how my stats work out see if Iron Grip is worth nabbing. Gluttony seems maybe useful but the Dyadian Dawn is feeling more valuable given the rest of my gear and build idea. End game viable or no?

Claw Poison Build
Spoiler

I've not put much thought into this one yet, but I am curious if dual wielding Wasp Nests and pushing Chaos Damage and DoT will be end game viable? I'm not sold on the main (and possible secondary) skill yet, but wouldn't mind something that isn't Viper Strike since I'll have so much poison chance baked in. Will probably just Shadow this one.

Fire Damage 2hander Build
Spoiler

I really want to try this with Templar (but am open to Scion or Witch if you have a good idea), highly considering Guardian if I use Diadem (with Herald of Purity) to help compensate for the inc phys taken from Oro's, otherwise Inquisitor if I use Crown. If Crown of Eyes works with "Cast On" support gems, should it be for a damaging spell on crit (Instruments of Virtue notable) or on damage taken or should I just use Flammability? It may be hard to build in Crit, though, and ailments aren't important for what I want to make. I'm not sure how best to make use of Crown, though, for the "Spell damage applies to attacks" part. I'm considering getting AoE nodes and trying Earthquake, but Oro's does say it does no physical damage, so I'm open to suggestions and good synergies (like, how much would physical damage nodes/gems even help me?) I guess I'll need Avatar and could try Tectonic Slam, Infernal Blow, or Consecrated Path as I've never used them, or Phys to Lightning support and skip Avatar if that saves me a lot on passives.

Chaos Spell Build
Spoiler

I'm mostly curious how useful The Covenant would end up being and, depending, how useful it would be to socket Life Leech if I can't leech enough via Essence Drain. This is a tricky one because I am just not sure which way I want to go and that includes for the actual main skill. I'm considering channel casting via Blight with Soulrend and Essence Drain, AoE buff Contagion, and perhaps a spell totem for Wither. Most likely, I'm going to be Occultist Witch for this, and I think it'll need at least one more item, The Broken Crown. That, with Occultist's baked in Chaos Resist, and building towards the Templar/Witch health/chaos resist nodes, I'd have so MUCH chaos resist that I could probably stand to low life without Shavronne's and I've never done a low life build before. I could also get a much more useful ring for stats since I get can get an extra curse via Occultist and another on the passive tree for use with Bane. Saffel's is kinda there as an option, though if I find Prism Guardian that would likely be a better choice, but I am limited on ES at this rate. I'm also curious if there are any real good ways of addressing mana reservation when using Blood Magic Support to get low life if I must use the support gem. Thoughts?
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2019, 3:52:30 PM
Claw poison --- you can try poison cyclone -- I haven´t tried it yet but the current version of cyclone si beast no doubt so any variation should work.
I think Path finder, Assassin or Berserker are all good choices (probably more).

You can buff damage by using HoA eventually.
https://pastebin.com/5E21JUzV
Pathfinder version (not my build, just changed viper strike build a bit for cyclone --- not min/maxed)

https://pastebin.com/0StrYbUD
Berserker version

Assassin will offer more damage without flask QoL or Berserker speed potential
Although I don´t think doing critical is a big deal here (Perfect Agony is quite weak node).
https://pastebin.com/pe6Aj576

Chaos Spell --- I wouldn´t bother with life leech on any ED build. Added chaos damage (from the Covenant) just buffs initial ED hit damage which is not a big deal anyway.
Going low life without Lorica or SW and without good ES items is rather pain.
I would rather stick to hybrid ES/life build but you can try whatever:)
Last edited by Rakiii on Jul 16, 2019, 7:40:36 AM
lmao Cyclone poison claw build... Now THAT I might need to try. Trickster looks like the way to go there, but the choices of ascendancy are so hard, because every single one would be useful. Guess it's a matter of determining what gives me the best bang for the buck and what's worth skipping a few passives for. Currently considering Swift Killer (100% frenzy/power charge uptime from channeling Cyclone), Patient Reaper (DoT DPS), Ghost Dance/Escape Artist (Survivability), get the leech claw nodes, and focus on poison/DoT passives for damage. I'm also curious if Perfect Agony is a good candidate since I'll get some decent baked in crit chance/mult. There's also the concern of how useful that second Wasp's Nest will be versus having a shield. Something to experiment with once I can equip them, I guess, I've really not used Cyclone.
Trickster is also pretty good choice (semi DPS - defensive option)

Prolonged Pain is too good node to pass though imo (for any DoT build)
life version
https://pastebin.com/ARYSF7UQ

Going through Harness the Void (more dps) or Patient Reaper (more recovery) or
Escape Artist if you want go ES or hybrid life/ES.

Dual wielding is a massive damage boost (see in PoB).

Perfect Agony is not worth taking unless you have absurd amount of crit damage (bad node in the current form).
I mean you can get more poison DPS if you take DoT/claw nodes instead of crit nodes and this node.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jul 17, 2019, 6:51:00 AM
Hmm... I was anticipating Swift Killer would add more Poison DPS. Since it adds Damage, I figured that would have been a double dip, but they closed those loop holes ages ago IIR, didn't they? The added benefits of free Power and Frenzy charges seem like a good way to go, and with Snakebite I wouldn't need ANY chance to poison from tree which frees up some passive points. It feels like Ghost Dance isn't worth it without Escape Artist, so I suppose I'd opt for Patient Reaper if I build for charges. Playing around in PoB, though, I'm thinking of not going charges now. Looking at what you're trying to do with the Wither totem, would it be worth just using Withering Touch Support? That would keep things from feeling clunky having to drop that totem all the time. It's also looking like if I can get Heretic's Veil for the Despair curse, I can then also run the Malevolence aura, assuming Herald of Agony is worth the reservation. Taking Whirling Blades as a move skill, I could support it with Decay for extra DoT DPS (especially with Despair/Malevolence increasing DoT) and rely on it to provide me Fortify.

I also have the Essentia Sanguis claw which would give me some extra defensive potential though at a modest chunk of lost DPS. It makes life leech heal ES instead of life. Would that apply globally or only locally to off-hand strikes (which would mean I leech ES and Life both with a Claw build)?

Here's what I've developed so far, using only the items I linked plus a stat stick amulet for sake of Dex/Int thresholds for the armor: https://pastebin.com/3iEuEm5M

Anyone else checking out this thread, I'd love to hear ideas for my other gear I've found.
Last edited by CPTBRUMBL3Z on Jul 17, 2019, 3:53:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info