does the poison from the skill "poison arrow" stack?

hey!

i would like to know if the poison from the skill "poison arrow" stacks, and if so, how often?

so is it worth it to shoot several poison arrows into mobs even if all are already poisoned?

thx! :)
"
Bibertrompete wrote:
hey!

i would like to know if the poison from the skill "poison arrow" stacks, and if so, how often?

so is it worth it to shoot several poison arrows into mobs even if all are already poisoned?

thx! :)

It's not explicitly stated, as it is with Viper Strike, which stacks up to four hits, so I doubt it. I like to spread Poison Arrow around for several shots to catch mobs who might be getting over their initial dose, and it's not too mana-intensive, anyway.

For funsies, try PA with a Multiple Projectiles support gem. Even more toxic coverage! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Apr 5, 2012, 2:56:20 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:

For funsies, try PA with a Multiple Projectiles support gem. Even more toxic coverage! =^[.]^=

Good combo. For even more poisonage, combine those two with a Pierce gem: For every hit, a separate poison cloud is created.

This way, you can blanket entire areas with poison. Cheap and deadly.

To the OP: I'm not sure they stack, but I don't think so. But since the poison DoT (note that this is a different duration than the visible poison cloud on the ground) has a very short duration, it's never a waste of mana to directly re-apply.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
The only DoT on Poison Arrow is the cloud.
But the arrow gets additional chaos damage, that's why it's not completely wasted if you keep on firing it.
And no, the cloud doesn't apply multiple DoT.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
"
kodr wrote:

False.

You're right about the rest of it, though, and the poison DoT is pretty low-duration, so it's easy to miss.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
so if the mobs are standing in the cloud, the dot will reapply as long they are standing in, and if they are moved out og the cloud, the dot will slowly (depends on the duration) fade?
Last edited by Bibertrompete on Apr 5, 2012, 4:59:06 PM
"
Bibertrompete wrote:
so if the mobs are standing in the cloud, the dot will reapply as long they are standing in, and if they are moved out og the cloud, the dot will slowly (depends on the duration) fade?

Yes. The DoT is continuously reset as long as the enemy is in the cloud. If the enemy leaves or cloud dissipates then the DoT counts down as normal.

Poison clouds do not stack.
Forum Sheriff
"
Skivverus wrote:
"
kodr wrote:

False.

You're right about the rest of it, though, and the poison DoT is pretty low-duration, so it's easy to miss.

well, if it's false, shouldn't someone report there's a pb in the skill description? ^^;
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/13723
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
ok thanks :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info