[3.15] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Cheap league starter and strong endgame farmer. No required items.

edit: nvm, its in faq ;D
Last edited by Manking1337 on Mar 24, 2020, 12:10:10 PM
Hi, ty for great build.
Found this gloves are rly good to lvl with.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Flesh_and_Spirit
Felling pretty stuck guys, I'm dying so much in t15-116 maps, even t14 is not so consistent. Hardstuck lvl92. I've definitely spent 10ex on this gear and I feel like I die to anything DESPITE playing way more defensive gear than most of you. Capped resists, 5.7k health... I even let go of my cluster jewel with deep cuts and feed the fury to spec into more health. I'd really appreciate if someone would explain what I'm missing here. I feel if I can't blow them up, I instantly get blown up, but how the game works is there are a ton of lingering health effects after they die and I can't escape them in time. I leep in -> IC procs and I kill everything, then I die to some spark of lightning or some nearby pack.

Few questions:
- I see most people are not using vaal pact, but how is that possible, I feel like normal leach is so weak. Vaal pact lets me tank twice as good, I feel without it I can't recover AT ALL from being hit. I do understand for some boss fight with invincibility phases it must be better off, but otherwise?
- Would Molten Shield help over IC? I feel it's probably not the key thing I'm missing here.
- What's the next upgrade here? I was thinking about getting a lethal pride for fortify bonus, but I don't know about rolling this, I wonder if someone could clarify it for me.
- I could get a new helm but I don't think that would get me much tankier at all.
- Better belt enchant, but dmg ain't the problem. A better than this stygian vise + eye combo would be pretty expensive and minor it seems...
- How about killing those dmg nodes on the right side for cluster jewel with deep cuts and feed the fury, worth? Small passives on my cluster jewel are 12% attack while dual wielding.

Thank you! It's been really fun playing this build but I'm feeling a bit frustrated right now with all these deaths. Delirium is just such a clusterfuck, and there's no room for any mistake in this build it seems...

Last edited by hivesteel on Mar 24, 2020, 3:40:58 PM
how do you get enough mana to use all the auras? Pride just reserves so much mana that i cant use Precision anymore.
"
hivesteel wrote:
Felling pretty stuck guys, I'm dying so much in t15-116 maps, even t14 is not so consistent. Hardstuck lvl92. I've definitely spent 10ex on this gear and I feel like I die to anything DESPITE playing way more defensive gear than most of you. Capped resists, 5.7k health... I even let go of my cluster jewel with deep cuts and feed the fury to spec into more health. I'd really appreciate if someone would explain what I'm missing here. I feel if I can't blow them up, I instantly get blown up, but how the game works is there are a ton of lingering health effects after they die and I can't escape them in time. I leep in -> IC procs and I kill everything, then I die to some spark of lightning or some nearby pack.

Few questions:
- I see most people are not using vaal pact, but how is that possible, I feel like normal leach is so weak. Vaal pact lets me tank twice as good, I feel without it I can't recover AT ALL from being hit. I do understand for some boss fight with invincibility phases it must be better off, but otherwise?
- Would Molten Shield help over IC? I feel it's probably not the key thing I'm missing here.
- What's the next upgrade here? I was thinking about getting a lethal pride for fortify bonus, but I don't know about rolling this, I wonder if someone could clarify it for me.
- I could get a new helm but I don't think that would get me much tankier at all.
- Better belt enchant, but dmg ain't the problem. A better than this stygian vise + eye combo would be pretty expensive and minor it seems...
- How about killing those dmg nodes on the right side for cluster jewel with deep cuts and feed the fury, worth? Small passives on my cluster jewel are 12% attack while dual wielding.

Thank you! It's been really fun playing this build but I'm feeling a bit frustrated right now with all these deaths. Delirium is just such a clusterfuck, and there's no room for any mistake in this build it seems...

5,7k hp doesnt sound like much tbh. I have 6,2k hp and I dont even use belly. and even with my 6,2k I dont feel tanky enough.
Maybe you didnt take enough life nodes? (cannot see your tree)
"
Manking1337 wrote:
"
hivesteel wrote:

Few questions:

5,7k hp doesnt sound like much tbh. I have 6,2k hp and I dont even use belly. and even with my 6,2k I dont feel tanky enough.

I dont think its life thats the issue. Slayer has no way to get or scale armor. Using Lion's Roar is just not consistent enough to protect you, so youre just going to die when damage gets to you, even with 7k life, with the little armor it's going to hurt or just outright kill you. In particular this league's mechanic is nasty for builds that do not have mitigation in a more substantial way than "just kill everything first". Too much going on where after theyre dead, youre still in danger. Going Slayer is willingly emphasizing the "glass" in "glass cannon".
"
BenBraddock wrote:
"
Manking1337 wrote:
"
hivesteel wrote:

Few questions:

I dont think its life thats the issue. Slayer has no way to get or scale armor. Using Lion's Roar is just not consistent enough to protect you, so youre just going to die when damage gets to you, even with 7k life, with the little armor it's going to hurt or just outright kill you. In particular this league's mechanic is nasty for builds that do not have mitigation in a more substantial way than "just kill everything first". Too much going on where after theyre dead, youre still in danger. Going Slayer is willingly emphasizing the "glass" in "glass cannon".

you can easily build defence even without having something extra on your
ascendancy. picking few armor/phy dmg reducion nodes,getting blind, good flask managment is good way to start.I myself am playing simillar build and have no issue with anything, even without fortify effect helm or any heavy investment on armour.Also if you know how to avoid stuff, and you play fast that helps on rippy maps a lot.
ign:MonsterManJ
Last edited by johnny06071 on Mar 24, 2020, 5:25:08 PM
Hey guys which lethal pride should we use =?

so with warrior Kaom... but which number?
"
johnny06071 wrote:
"
BenBraddock wrote:
"
Manking1337 wrote:

you can easily build defence even without having something extra on your
ascendancy. picking few armor/phy dmg reducion nodes,getting blind, good flask managment is good way to start.I myself am playing simillar build and have no issue with anything, even without fortify effect helm or any heavy investment on armour.Also if you know how to avoid stuff, and you play fast that helps on rippy maps a lot.

Thank you guys for your replies, I made my tree public if you have any suggestions, I am mostly just following the PoB in the OP. I will check your trees as well but let me know.

I'm not sure what gear I could upgrade either to give me such the significant defense boost which I seem to need. Maybe just jewels, but at the cost of? I'm not sure what to cut as again I'm just following the build guide. Cheers.
Last edited by hivesteel on Mar 24, 2020, 8:45:27 PM
I completely agree on survability, it is really poop at some point i was even tthinking about swapping to champion ascendancy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info