Connectivity issues

"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
teren1987 wrote:
"
AstroSloth wrote:
Literally any other game I play on EU works 100%. I am in contact with my ISP about this because I know GGG likes to shift blame to ISPs.

CSGO, DOTA2, PUBG, Diablo 3 (Dont judge) - All work with no latency spikes or connectivity issues. Traceroutes and WinMTRs to those servers yield no strange results so I guess you may be right its a problem between GGG host and my ISP

What you say may be true, i mean the POE server got issue with our ISP.
But the problem I'm facing is, after last week patch apply then everything start go laggy & game freeze....hmm~

Can you check playing in standard so we know if it's the Legion code or something else.

Seems OK playing Standard League, pretty sure is Legion league issue....
well thats good to know because now we know it's not a connection or pc problem.

Sadly I don't think anything will happend here because Chris wants to have 4 releases per year NO MATTER WHAT.
So they don't have time to fix code or anything other then breaking the game more....
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
well thats good to know because now we know it's not a connection or pc problem.

Sadly I don't think anything will happend here because Chris wants to have 4 releases per year NO MATTER WHAT.
So they don't have time to fix code or anything other then breaking the game more....

Thanks for the feedback, at least now we know the source of problem~
I can understand connectivity problems - game dev is hard. But not getting official responses to support requests is pathetic.
there's a lot of people having this problem. It's NOT our ISP's. It's the game servers! I have ultra high speed internet. Every other game I play has no issues what-so-ever. THIS ONE? I'm disconnected every 30 seconds to a minute now.
So it's NOT my ISP!
Having this issue as well. Got kicked out of 2 maps, and also had issues portaling into my hideout several times, getting server connection errors each time. Guess it's time to stop playing until it gets addressed.
"
AstroSloth wrote:
...I am seeing packet loss at ae5.cbs02.tg01.lon01.networklayer.com

It hasn't been mentioned, so I'm going to mention it-- .

ICMP packet loss does not necessarily mean actual packet loss, not when the softlayer (final) hop accepts and responds to 100% of the ICMP pings. Likewise, just because the ICMP ping makes it 100% doesn't necessarily mean that all of the game traffic is making it.

I'm having this same problem, and the symptoms are exactly the same. ICMP packet loss at the networklayer hop immediately before the last hop (softlayer).

(As has already been implied from other responses to this thread, if the problem is within either the GGG server application layer, or GGG data network, no tests that we've performed would demonstrate the problem is there, or not there for that matter. The fact that so many people report the same errors and have little evidence of networking problems does suggest where the problem is though...)
the WinMTR show no packet loss, the 60% on one hop dose not carry though (real packet loss dose) what that is, is ICMP deprioritization, it's a non issue.

What the WinMTR dose show is latency in the hundreds 6th hop
te-0-0-0-15.luk-p1-tho.liquidtelecom.net - 0 | 509 | 509 | 146 | 148 | 218 | 147 |

At that latency minimum you are switched to predictive sync (rubberband mode) so it dose not stutter (outside of asset loading anyway), that is before anything GGG related
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
What is the general response to this anecdote about my experience (shared by countless others)?:

PoE is the only game in my library with these issues. Compared to 4-5 other EU based online servers/games, it is only PoE that displays such erratic network performance.

Examples: CSGO, Apex Legends, Diablo 3, Rainbow 6: Siege, Warframe

I play those games regularly now that I can't play PoE and they have pristine connections & uninterrupted gameplay in comparison to what myself and others experience with PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info