Mouse Rebinding???

So... My middle mouse button has been busted since, well forever. Anyhoo, this has been a problem in a few games, mostly console ports, where you can't rebind your mouse buttons.

So when I noticed that the 3 mouse oriented buttons are sorta unbind-able, not too happy.

I mean my mouse has 6 different buttons, but I can't rebind my Middle Mouse button to one of the other 5?

Kinda sucks :(

Got M1/M2 and QWERT filled... Yet I have a huge empty space for the Middle Mouse button.

So is that anything that will eventually be tweeked, or are they going by the mouse buttons are default and there for unchangable?
My mouse is not busted but i'd really like it if the devs added support for more than 3 mouse buttons.

For example, using the "R" and "T" buttons on keyboard for me are really uncomfortable to use and i'd much rather use my 2 mouse thumb buttons instead. I'm quite sure it's a lot easier to fix/implement than most things on the development list.
If this is not addressed i'll make a new thread about this every week for the rest of eternity.
Last edited by Khodar on Apr 5, 2012, 4:12:40 PM
I want to be able to bind pots and skills to every single button on my mouse. I was rather surprised when I found out that I couldn't.
Same problem as OP, my MMB is not working 19/20 times and I really don't want to spam it for even something like an Aura to go off.
Re-assignable everything would be nice, even more so if you can leave LMB for move only (seen that being requested few times now)
I think they will add a more comprehensive key customization later.

For now, use a keybind/macro program such as the free open-source program AutoHotKey

With it you could quite easily rebind a certain keyboard key or mouse button or key combination to simulate the middle mouse button.

You could even program it to run that only when path of exile is running, for instance.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
I'm also pretty disappointed that I can't use mouse 4 and 5, I hope they fix this pretty soon. I extend my sympathy to the people with the crazy MMORPG mice.
"
Xapti wrote:
I think they will add a more comprehensive key customization later.

For now, use a keybind/macro program such as the free open-source program AutoHotKey

With it you could quite easily rebind a certain keyboard key or mouse button or key combination to simulate the middle mouse button.

You could even program it to run that only when path of exile is running, for instance.

Yes I realize there are other "options"... I'm just saying for a PC game, at least a PC game that isn't a console port, rebindable everything should be pretty much standard.

So when I was looking around in the options and found that the mouse buttons weren't rebindable I was a little shocked, hence me coming here to see if I was missing something in game.

I'm well aware I can find another way to rebind it...

Also this game seems to not let me bind my other mouse buttons, unless I use my mouse program to set them to keyboard keys, like Mouse 4/5/6 etc, unbindable in game for some reason.

Anyhoo... Realize this is beta, just pointing this out, it's something that for a PC exclusive game should just be standard.

yes, my middle mouse button doesn't work either. Please allow mouse rebinding!
I have the same problem, I've got the Sidewinder X5 mouse and the wheel click is bound to be 'Middle-click' but it's not being detected in the game.
Stay out of the shadows ... They bite
yep, by given the fact loads of ppl using gaming mouse with typical 5-8 buttons, and imo using thumb mouse buttons are way more comfortable than pressing the moving middle wheel button. Please add this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info