Screen stuttering in Window Fullscreen mode.

Seen a few threads with people experiencing the same thing with no real fix.

So when in Windowed full screen mode, get terrible screen stuttering. PoE is the only game that this happens to. Warframe, WoW, Rainbow six ect, do not have this problem. I've noticed as well that if actively doing something, (like now, writing this) and looking at PoE on my other monitor there is no stuttering at all until I actually go back to PoE and start playing, the screen starts to stutter again.

Full screen mode, I have a completely smooth game play.

Before it's asked. Computer is high end and internet is too.
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2019, 2:56:59 PM
Interesting. Turning v-sync off seems to help.
Okay so now my game crashes in windowed full screen with or without v-sync on.
If you disable vsync, the game will render as many fps as it can without limit.
You'll need a good cooling on your graphic card. Because it will run at 100% usage if your cpu can keep up.
If your cooling is not enough, your card can crash.

"
MrVaad wrote:
If you disable vsync, the game will render as many fps as it can without limit.
You'll need a good cooling on your graphic card. Because it will run at 100% usage if your cpu can keep up.
If your cooling is not enough, your card can crash.

You're not even addressing my problem and simply didn't read my thread. The only reason I turned vsync off is because it started to run better in window full screen for some reason. Now, with it on or off, it get's 10-15 fps, than suddenly crashed giving me an Exception error.
Ah i read your post and I didn't mean to be rude :)

I was thinking that once the card is too hot (vsync off), it can take some time to cool (when cooling is not very good) which could have explained why vsync on/off would continue to crash.

Anyway, on the multi-screen, people had stutter problem a while ago.
When using screens with different refresh rates, playing a video on one screen and a game on the other screen (in windowed mode)
-> Solution at the time was to set both screens to the same refresh rate.
-> You can also try to unplug one screen, just to test.

Last edited by MrVaad on Jul 17, 2019, 3:00:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info