What are easiest ways to make currency/chaos for beginner/newer players?

"
cjimaras wrote:
Do what the 90% of the player base is doing, scamming and price flipping ofcourse.

Ye we need separated servers for scammers only. Let em have fun scamming eachother for the sake of non blaming and witch hunting policies..
Why tell the dude to go to the mines in the most profitable easiest league perhaps ever in POE. Just run low tier maps and collect the loot.
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
Thanks for the info guys but I just arrived at depth 68 so far and only found like 3 fossils worth less than 5c total. Is there some kind of secret to farming it normally? All the videos I seen on youtube seem to be outdated. If anyone can post videos of easy delve farming in 3.7 that would be great. And if I do the chaos recipe, how much chaos/hr can I expect?

The delve farming is based on doing them en masse. You cannot do a couple of runs and call it not worth it. The chaos per hour is average so you can expect some variance.

Also remember that its not just fossils you want in the method im using. Resonators are worth a lot this league and you find plenty of lost wealth chests along the way which adds to the currency total nicely.

Also as you do it more and more you will get used to how the path you have chosen is laid out which leads to you being able to do runs faster and faster.

This is what I have made over the last 2 ish days of playing using my dominating blow build to run the mines. It's not bonkers amounts of currency but its enough for most people to get their builds to a pretty solid level.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Jul 15, 2019, 3:28:12 PM
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
Any advice on leveling up gems to lvl 20? My own gems aren't even lvl 20 yet and I been playing for 34 hours on my current character not including afk time

It just takes time. Gems gain XP just like you do, but they don't lose 10% if you die like you do.
To be blunt.. 34 hours of playtime isn't much. In fact it's a drop in the bucket.
A "normal" player will start seeing their gems hit level 20 by the time you're in your mid to late 80's of character level.
Then you vendor the Level 20 gems WITH 1 gemcutter's prism (per level 20 gem) to get a level 1 gem with 20% quality.
Or you can use 20 gemcutter's prisms to make it level 20 if you don't want to re-level those gems back to level 20.

And once you'r in higher tier maps, it doesn't take but a couple of hours to get a gem from level 1 to 17 or 18. Some people max it out in a couple of days because they have super fast map clearing builds.
Last edited by Gulch on Jul 15, 2019, 3:44:34 PM
just map and progress your atlas until you defeat Elder.Then shape your atlas (you need the elder orb to sustain) so you can farm Glacier/Burial Chamber all day.

This league is very currency friendly. Granted I only started playing last league and know the game much better this league, I had more currency in 2 days than I did entire last league.
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
Thanks for the info guys but I just arrived at depth 68 so far and only found like 3 fossils worth less than 5c total. Is there some kind of secret to farming it normally? All the videos I seen on youtube seem to be outdated. If anyone can post videos of easy delve farming in 3.7 that would be great. And if I do the chaos recipe, how much chaos/hr can I expect?

The delve farming is based on doing them en masse. You cannot do a couple of runs and call it not worth it. The chaos per hour is average so you can expect some variance.

Also remember that its not just fossils you want in the method im using. Resonators are worth a lot this league and you find plenty of lost wealth chests along the way which adds to the currency total nicely.

Also as you do it more and more you will get used to how the path you have chosen is laid out which leads to you being able to do runs faster and faster.

This is what I have made over the last 2 ish days of playing using my dominating blow build to run the mines. It's not bonkers amounts of currency but its enough for most people to get their builds to a pretty solid level.

Goddamn that seems like a lot of money to me. But can you post a video to demonstrate how to farm delve properly? I need a visual aid and I heard delve was nerfed and all the delve videos I can find on youtube are from previous leagues. Also does the mines/map ever end if we keep going left or right?

Edit: I just saw this video and we just do what this guy says at 3:20 into the video?

https://youtu.be/p7mj5q8iYUc?t=200

And once we finish the run, click gp back to mine emcampment and it will reset the chests?
Last edited by TheChosenOne_ on Jul 16, 2019, 2:32:23 AM
I think time in game is MOST important. What you are doing with that time is a plus as well. I always seem to get something lucky off the bat, this league was inspired learning. That got me an ok 6 link with -15 mana cost. Then I just run content, all content. Niko full, go delve. Alva ready, run it. Safehouse, yes please! Einhar, let's talk. 6 of 7 maps in a tier, just buy it. Keep the game moving forward and the loot comes. Every monolith, do it. Even if it seems hard, just unlock what feels safe. The rewards come. Just keep playing the content. I am about 50/50 usually.
50% selling, 50% finding. Got a few Ex drops and make hundreds of c just selling garbage I can't wear or have no interest in. F'd up a map with corruption? Sell it, someone wants it.
The thing is, I don't know when the loot starts, this league it was around T8.
But when it starts, it NEVER stops!
A good build is all you need, and the basics for keeping yourself alive.
My Ngamahus flame cyclone is cleaning up. It's nice when you barely have to worry about damage and can just focus on loot gathering.
But really, it all comes down to play time. I trust in luck, don't have time for chaos recipe, I'd rather be playing.
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
How about just killing things that move?
Delve might have been nerfed, but fossils and resonators are also worth a load more this league.
I'm not delve farming at all, just ran a bit the last couple of days to get to a lower depth, and I've made a few hundred C, just heading down, and running any decent frozen biome routes I pass. Bear in mind that's not me 'farming'. Thats me just running a bit when I fill my sulphite.

Serrated fossils aren't that rare at all, and sell for 28c easily. More if you sell in bulk. 4-5c for 2 socket resonators. 5c pristines and perfect fossils.

If I was bothered about 'income' I'm sure I'd run more Delve.
I've re read this topic. Thank you to everyone who contributed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info