What are easiest ways to make currency/chaos for beginner/newer players?

Thanks for the info guys but I just arrived at depth 68 so far and only found like 3 fossils worth less than 5c total. Is there some kind of secret to farming it normally? All the videos I seen on youtube seem to be outdated. If anyone can post videos of easy delve farming in 3.7 that would be great. And if I do the chaos recipe, how much chaos/hr can I expect?
Last edited by TheChosenOne_ on Jul 14, 2019, 2:39:24 AM
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
Thanks for the info guys but I just arrived at depth 68 so far and only found like 3 fossils worth less than 5c total. Is there some kind of secret to farming it normally? All the videos I seen on youtube seem to be outdated. If anyone can post videos of easy delve farming in 3.7 that would be great. And if I do the chaos recipe, how much chaos/hr can I expect?

It isn't as profitable anymore as it used to be. Also keep in mind that the people who gain more than 100 chaos per hour is a very, very tiny percentage of the playerbase playing pew pew zoom zoom builds.

Just playing the game, will earn you chaos. Try to level up gems in your secondary weapon slot. 20/20 gems can earn you a pretty penny. You just get a bonus in chaos just by playing the game. You can also convert lesser orbs to chaos orbs. Players underestimate the amount of currency they have because they don't take alts, chromes, jews, ... into account.

This is my thread about an experiment I did on Standard to get an idea about orb drop probabilities:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2479515

It might be a bit outdated now as GGG continuously alters droprates but still it does give you a rough idea of what to expect.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Jul 14, 2019, 4:08:19 AM
When you say 20/20 you mean lvl 20 out of the possible 20 levels gems can level up? Are there gems that are more valuable at lvl 20 than other gems?
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
When you say 20/20 you mean lvl 20 out of the possible 20 levels gems can level up? Are there gems that are more valuable at lvl 20 than other gems?

Its a gems of 20th level with 20 quality. Noncorrupted, clean. Can worth alot. But not in legion league. Its the league of most cheapest gems, cuz legion farmers drop them millions..

Also try liveling enlighten and Empower.
Those are more reliable. But yeah, need more effort and costy.
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:

20/20 means gems with 20 levels & quality. Preferably to your extra slot or your alternate weapon (X), level up the gem upto 20 then to get 20 quality, you vendor that level 20 with a gemcutter orb & you get a level 1 with quality 20 gem, then you level up them again to 20 to get to 20 level / 20 quality. Don't use the gem cutter to quality the gem to 20 manually, because they are expensive, unless the gem have nearly 20 quality already. Do this in popular gems right now like, cyclone, ice nova, ED, etc. 20/20 gems worth more compare to non-leveled/quality. You can check POE trade for price difference.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
Last edited by boyandroid on Jul 14, 2019, 4:35:10 AM
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
Try to level up gems in your secondary weapon slot. 20/20 gems can earn you a pretty penny. You just get a bonus in chaos just by playing the game. You can also convert lesser orbs to chaos orbs. Players underestimate the amount of currency they have because they don't take alts, chromes, jews, ... into account.

Was just about to mention leveling utility gems in your secondary set. Not just meta skill gems like cyclone and double strike, but also staple supports such as fortify, faster attacks, faster casting, blood magic, the element pens, and staple auras like Haste, Grace, Vitality, Discipline

Vaal gems: You can start earning chaos in act 2 by hitting those vaal areas and pulling out vaal gems. Even no-quality vaal skill gems can go for 5+ chaos each. Anything you're not personally planning to use should sell quickly.

High copy number div cards: If you are racing through acts and you get a Rebirth, you probably won't get the other 26 copies you need for an Oni-Goroshi before league ends. Sell it for a nice sum to someone who is closer to a complete set. Likewise with Doctor, a tiny fraction of a percent of players will complete a set during league, so youre better off cashing it in for a chunk of exalts.

Before you reach level 60 you will see rares that you can't use for chaos recipe. Vendor for alts and sell bulk alts, keeping a few dozen for your own use.

Delve to monster level 60 so you can open nodes and side tunnels with jewelry. Building chaos sets for vendor recipe is often hampered by the low drop rate for rings, amulets, and belts. These seem to be much more common in delve caches.

Delving past monster level 83 (depth 239+) means almost any drop, even white items, can be sold in bulk as crafting bases. Many biomes have the zone mod "monsters drop items 3 levels higher" which means you'll be collecting rings, amulets, and gear at ilvl 86-87, more than enough room for the highest level mods. Some people will still buy these even though they aren't shaper- or elder-base.

Services: if your character is especially tanky you might offer to help weaker players with map completion, shaper/elder kills, lab carries, etc. for a small fee. If you have lots of crafting recipes unlocked, you can offer to do this as well but this entails a lot of trust. Finding a rare hideout in a map, or a challenge target in the Temple of Atzoatl, can turn your finances around in a hurry. just collect a fee to invite people to enter and unlock.

Don't charge people to run trials if you already ran it and collected the offering. That's pushing it too far.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Also turn on the ingame channel /trade 820 and see whats people are selling. You can do those things too. Most likely you already wasted alot of exalts just by being unaware of what precious youve been encountering. Like alva gem corruptions and item doublecorrups, leo slams, vorici sockets, perandus low offers, unique strongboxes you opened what already had open.. more and more of that stuff worth literally alot!
Last edited by DarkJen on Jul 14, 2019, 6:35:05 AM
Any advice on leveling up gems to lvl 20? My own gems aren't even lvl 20 yet and I been playing for 34 hours on my current character not including afk time
As soon as the Monsters reach Level 59/60 you can Start with Chaos Vendors (End of Act 8) to be prepaired for Maps. Made a short Guide about it.
Vendor Recipes
Do what the 90% of the player base is doing, scamming and price flipping ofcourse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info