What are easiest ways to make currency/chaos for beginner/newer players?

Well depends on the league but honestly, Chaos recipe to start off with after that try to get Magic Find gear and lvl a ranger go deadeye ascendancy and just play the game.

Ive gotten Exa:76, Divine: 87: Anul:65, Ancient orb: 7, Doctor:0, Nurse:3 this league so been pretty gud.

And eventually you will end up with a
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
At what depth can we expect to find decent things to sell? Can we go back to lower depths if we wanted to? I am going in blind
Last edited by TheChosenOne_ on Jul 13, 2019, 5:18:04 PM
monolith farming at glacier
No get rich quick schemes I'm afraid.

Learning what items sell for a good amount will help on league starts.

There are a few avenues for checking the price of items, perhaps you could start there.

But, imo, the best way is to kill things faster.

At the beginning of a league create a character that costs very little to run maps. Then use the currency you gain from playing said character to make one the requires expensive items but kills quicker.

Never start a league with a build that requires expensive items.
KenMan
As a new player, I used the chaos recipe, then tried magic find, then tried grinding mindlessly, as have been suggested previously in this thread. I got a few chaos, but the returns of enjoyment vs time spent were very poor, regardless of the chaos in my stash.

I then tried something that almost no other players seem to do, but I recommend highly: Just use cheap builds.

No farming, no tedium, no micromanaging your stash, no crafting, no bothering with trading frustration, and your luck on drops each league makes no difference to your enjoyment.

"
monolith farming at glacier

not exactly new player/beginer friendly

First answer is the correct one, chaos recipe, run delve where the monsters are level 60 to 70 and grab sets as you go, since you can get jewellery easily down there there isn't any block to keeping the chaos flowing, you'll also get a decent amount of currency, fossils, div cards from them and at the level required you can run a lot of them for little sulphite
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
The most important thing is to find an activity you can sustain. If you hate what you're doing, you shouldn't be doing it.
Well, or you can try different things in poe, feel it, feel yourself and find things youre really like to do. Doesnt matter what actually. If you like it, you will do it with pleasure and get a mastery and knowledge onby the way. This is the most sustainable way of playing I know.

Oh and yeah..

"
Acolina87 wrote:

And eventually you will end up with a

I made this too

By doing what I like, it brings alot of knowledge about game and players. So you start contributing to community, and it pays you back with pleasure too.

No grinding at all.
All fun.
Last edited by DarkJen on Jul 13, 2019, 7:27:12 PM
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
?

Farm the ledge in act 1 for weeks.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
There are lots of ways to make currency in this game, but most of them also require cost/investment.

You want to get rich by farming certain area, you need to invest in time & patience to lock your self farming that certain part of the game. You also need to invest on resources to make your build optimal for farming that area.

You want to get rich by trading, you need to invest in game knowledge, know how to price items, know the meta builds & what they need. Learn to spot at a glance what are the profitable affixes. And you need to spend time in actual trading.

But as for a new player, like others said, the chaos recipe is the one method that others overlook. It's the most flexible & simplest method in terms investment & game knowledge. It's the one method that you don't have to lock yourself in a certain part of the game & just instead play the game "normally" as you progress while learning all the aspect of the game.

Don't worry too much if you're not getting 1ex per hour by just farming certain area or profiting by selling theses items like others were doing. As a new player, experiencing all the portions of the game first before just focusing on one certain area is the best investment you can do in this game in a long run. Play the game normally; Finish the acts, play all the maps while learning & understanding them, understand the league mechanics, understand why certain maps are popular on the league. Run delve mines if you can, understand it's mechanics & rewards. Do temple runs & betrayal encounters. Try crafting, it doesn't matter if you succeeded or failed as long as you learn something. Push your build to the highest tier or levels you can, understand why it works or not.

If you invest first & understand the basic knowledge of all the portions of the game, in the future leagues, you may no longer need to ask how to make currency, because you already knew it by yourself how to do it.

"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info