help me with my tank Build (Looking for Advice and general expertise, trolling is accepted)

Well, just tell me what you think. The Idea is to run the 3 resistance Auras along with a single offensive ability that hits single targets hard. So far I am running The Hp regen aura, the armor aura and the elemental resistance aura with mana cost reducing support gems. I don't know if I want to use heavy strike or Dominating blows. Either way I intend to use a physical damage increasing support gem along with Cull

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbCygM9w4UFE0Y1xkuGYUZ6RoyGjgabBznHRQg8CQlJKon7SjFKS4xATKJNL41gDa6Nuk3RzrYPC09_EE_Q2NE50VHTDVN2E99UFBRYFHmVElXDVfiWD1YY1j1WfNfP2aeZtlqHmo7a6xul3B9cU1yqXdid-V8uHzZgFaBK4FvhGOIuox2jM-QVZSHlPuaz52uncSePJ7FoLSiAKeEqBiplayqr2y0L7RztPm3MbndwBrE9sWKxq7G2MtD1wLZYd6w3sHfsuNq44LkreTx5wvnUunV7DjvDvAf8i_ynPMG877z3fZI9zL60vuq
Last edited by Magerdanu on Mar 15, 2013, 2:13:12 AM
your on a similar path as me - im at 42 currently. Its fun solo, but in groups its demoralising. If anyone drops a totem or has some minions, your not doing any damage or tanking. Makes me wonder if there is any tanking path intended for the game or if there are even agro tables for monsters. Anyhow, im still having some fun.

I am going for inner force - its not far out of your way on the build you posted and the 3 auras will be buffed greatly. Its an option and its pretty powerful.

I have read (please note, im noob) that speccing into a specific weapon type is a no no, unless you have "insert best weapon in game here". But if you like maces ... go maces. You miss out on cleave though which is a pretty good attack.

I went infernal blow, which is super fun with molten shell. Big boom off the shell then pop pop pop off your single target attack. Its visually impressive and very satisfying ;)

Oh, and if your missing cleave, you will need some sort of AOE attack - single target killing will have you eating your feet by lvl 5. Leap is good if your hung up on maces.

Many more ppl on here more authorised to give you advice, but thats my 2 cents ;)
Thanks. Yeah I decided to go maces because of resolute strike, it was just the easiest way to get damage because atm I don't have any AOES.
This is what I am looking to end up with, though atm I am level 66

Blood magic means not worrying about mana and result technique means i always hit and get my life back from life on hit. unwavering stance removes stun as well as block recovery and since i plan on block alot is an added bonus, but makes getting block recovery nodes pointless. the rest is really just full on survival, because merciless hurts and 15% xp loss makes me die inside a little bit.

at the moment I am using lightning strike as my AOE attack linked with life on hit, fork(unleveled), elemental weapon dmg. doing 1700 single target dps when solo w/ auras

glacial hammer for single target linked with elemental weapon dmg., added lightning dmg., (once i get another decent 4 link item will probably add life leech). just under 2k dps w/ auras

enduring cry allows you to get 7 endurance charges with the biuld (plus bandit quest) which adds 35% physical dmg. reduction and resists (though i mainly use them for the phy. dmg. reduction). increased duration on the charges means i get to cast cry less to refresh which implies more swinging of my scepter.

I also use rejuv. totem for really hard hitting boss mobs (it either distracts them or allows me to tank them most of the time). and the 93 life regen is just too good in any hairy situation, though it dies often agianst AOE mobs like in the barracks.

molten shell adds another 1k armor plus a 3kdmg nuke. with full endurance charges and molten shell on i am sitting at 88% phy. dmg. reduction 90% is cap and max resits

Then i run 2 auras wrath and anger. 200 life reserved for about 600-900 dps

then finally tempest shield since the biuld will have approx 74% phy. block and 46% spell block. though until you get you block high enough it is not worth it since it is percent life reserved with blood magic (18% for me atm with reduced mana).

gear wise two items i am really liking for this setup is stone of lazhwar(give 50% of blockrate as spell block). Then Aegis Aurora which i still need to obtain, but I see it being insanely good with that much block 36% from tree 34% from the shield itself 4% from tempest.

other then that chaos resists is awesome on the gear then int and dex so you can use gems, resists to be close to max, attack speed is insanely useful since more you attack more life you are getting back from life on hit on lightning strike.

I have solo'd up to the docks on merciless only grouping to spam run ledge, fellshrine, docks to hasten the leveling process. not having to much trouble especially as my gear gets better.
Last edited by zeroverzero on Mar 16, 2013, 11:09:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info