Bait-and-switch scams are very easy to minimise, so why haven't you done this already, GGG?

+1
Blight Master Craft Service in Blight My IGN: OfferCraftService
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Blight Masters 8 level Crafting All Service all crafts mods
Best Blight SC Master Craft Service Blight SC in BSC!
Master Crafting Service in Blight BSC PM: OfferCraftService
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Here's how you should approach these potential changes, people: would they have offended or bothered you had they been there from the start? Use your imagination here. If you still think so, then fine, lay it on me. But if your only argument is 'change bad PoE is meant to be this way lol go back to Diablo 3', then you don't have an argument. All you have is the inability to see any picture bigger than the one right in front of your grindstone-wrecked noses.

Scamming has been here from the start, it didn't go away with the implementation of the "disable accept after confirmation" implementation and it will not go away after implementing your change.

Not that i would mind the change, like i said already two times, i would find it demeaning as if i can't look at what i am buying on a case to case basis and have the level of focus to push "cancel" when the other party is acting immoral but that would be my feelings which are irrelevant on the whole.

The real crux here is, will you say "pay more attention" to people still getting scammed after they implement this new feature?
Or will you push the next batch of "features" once the new scam methods get developed that bypass yours and people fall victim to them.

The way i see it, i am already at the part where i caution people and tell them to pay attention, apparently you need a few more features before that becomes acceptable advice to people that got scammed.

So how many more features we talking here?

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

"
鬼殺し wrote:

If it were obvious people wouldn't be falling for it so frequently. OBVIOUSLY your idea of OBVIOUS isn't the same as others'.

People aren't falling for it "so frequently" the amount of forums presence doesn't correlate to significance or occurance in relation to total trade volume.

This should, in fact, be obvious.
It is not easy to realize the monster in yourself, truly it is not easy to create purposefully.
It is easy to realize the virtue in yourself, truly it is easy to destroy.
Contemplate which is worth your time.
-Peace-
Last edited by Boem on Jul 11, 2019, 7:00:51 PM
"
My post was removed cause naming and shaming so ill readd this pic here

[Removed by Support]

LOL I didn't even notice the name-and-shame angle, but thanks for making the effort to remove it. Your point is well-made.

edit: doing Support's job for them. LOL.

See below. I wonder if these guys even get basic forum usage training.
You're not Exiles. You're clowns! Toa thonna mondarr! Nocklith! Vohkbar! YOU'RE ALL CLOWNS! CLOWNS! CLOWNS!

Discovered the GF and my RL friends enjoy For Honor! BLISS!
Last edited by 鬼殺し on Jul 11, 2019, 7:11:15 PM
"
My post was removed cause naming and shaming so ill readd this pic here

[Removed by Support]

Imagine if that item has a change in its name based on the nr of links, something such as

Queen of the forest (6L)

A small qol, a big change. I could already see the white knights arguing even against that because ''I don't need it''.
Last edited by Azrael_GGG on Jul 11, 2019, 7:06:35 PM
well sh*t there is a name again in the trade box

ill remove it, but you saw it just for the point sakes
My builds:
Torstein's Oni-Goroshi Slayer Cyclone /view-thread/2554593
Dragon's Breath Elementalist Incinerate /view-thread/2318921
Dragon's Breath Chieftain Incinerate /view-thread/2506867
Torstein's Ultimate Poison Pathfinder - Venom Gyre /view-thread/2639074
"
Boem wrote:
Scamming has been here from the start, it didn't go away with the implementation of the "disable accept after confirmation" implementation and it will not go away after implementing your change.

Not that i would mind the change, like i said already two times, i would find it demeaning as if i can't look at what i am buying on a case to case basis and have the level of focus to push "cancel" when the other party is acting immoral but that would be my feelings which are irrelevant on the whole.

The real crux here is, will you say "pay more attention" to people still getting scammed after they implement this new feature?
Or will you push the next batch of "features" once the new scam methods get developed that bypass yours and people fall victim to them.

The way i see it, i am already at the part where i caution people and tell them to pay attention, apparently you need a few more features before that becomes acceptable advice to people that got scammed.

So how many more features we talking here?

Peace,

-Boem-

I agree and I wouldn't mind the change either, but I'm convinced it will do nothing to alleviate the actual issue we're having right now, it simply puts in more things for traders to completely ignore and the end result is going to be the same.

Good question, Boem. I'd like to hear Charan's answer as well.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"

Just send a mail to support with the picture attached and report the account.

I think that's the best course of action in these instances.

Peace,

-Boem-
It is not easy to realize the monster in yourself, truly it is not easy to create purposefully.
It is easy to realize the virtue in yourself, truly it is easy to destroy.
Contemplate which is worth your time.
-Peace-
"
Boem wrote:
"

Peace,

-Boem-

Will they act on it? If they will ill send it.
My builds:
Torstein's Oni-Goroshi Slayer Cyclone /view-thread/2554593
Dragon's Breath Elementalist Incinerate /view-thread/2318921
Dragon's Breath Chieftain Incinerate /view-thread/2506867
Torstein's Ultimate Poison Pathfinder - Venom Gyre /view-thread/2639074
"
"
Boem wrote:
"

Peace,

-Boem-

Will they act on it? If they will ill send it.

I would at least try. Support will let you know if they can pass it on or not.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Here's another 'argument' I won't respond to directly: 'this change won't make scamming go away'.

At no point did I argue it would. Please google 'minimise'. It doesn't mean 'remove' or 'cure'. This would, like many other QoL changes, be about managing issues. Reduction of negative incidences is always a worthy pursuit, all-the-more-so if it's fairly easy to implement at no cost to the customer/client/user.

I get that some of you aren't exactly forward-thinking, but I find that odd given how forward-thinking PoE was from the start. Again, I'm mostly asking GGG this one. What happened to that? At which point did you figure, well, this is good enough?

Because it's not.
You're not Exiles. You're clowns! Toa thonna mondarr! Nocklith! Vohkbar! YOU'RE ALL CLOWNS! CLOWNS! CLOWNS!

Discovered the GF and my RL friends enjoy For Honor! BLISS!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info