Bait-and-switch scams are very easy to minimise, so why haven't you done this already, GGG?

Like I said in the other tread, if you believe that people are so retarded as to not read the big numbers in front of them which are put plainly and WHICH CHANGE THE MOMENT THE SCAMMER MAKES THEIR MOVE you must have quite the low opinion of the poor guys who got scammed.

"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
If people arent even looking at the names of items they are buying how do you expect them to read the number of links?
This is absolutely useless. Players need to pay attention to the items they are buying. There is no other way. If they cant tell apart starforge from void they are going to get scammed every time no matter what warning you put on them. You cant blame or fault ggg on player's bad desicions. This should be fairly clear to any experienced player that these scams are result of inexperienced players starting to trade.

I'm heavily inclined to agree here. People are getting so incredibly lazy and we're becoming a kind of 'victim by default'. Look, I get it, people get scammed and the scumbags doing it should be brought to justice, but the greed and laziness of the victims is just as much an issue, if not more.

As someone who goes through life feeling great empathy towards others, this is something that really worries me. When I help, I would prefer to do so because it was needed, not because it was expected. I've been scammed, cheated, lied to, taken advantage of and betrayed too. It has made me more resillient.

Take care of yourselves, people.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Jul 11, 2019, 5:00:41 AM
I don't roleplay in the internet as alot of strangers here do...

but those people can keep making fun of the scammers and they will not stop, not sure anymore if this is another mocking to the folks who got scammed..

people who got scammed trust on the seller but this game was supposed to have the best community out there.

this doesnt mean GGG can't do anything to improve their trade system by doing something simple as add a number of links to any item.
Turning players into payers. Anti NPC-Echo chamber.

“I don't bow, curtsy, or give a shit.” - Kabal.

Fatal mistake: using your own experience as example for everything and everyone of course this is avoided and often forgotten if you're a redditor.
Last edited by Xystre on Jul 11, 2019, 4:40:58 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Like I said in the other tread, if you believe that people are so retarded as to not read the big numbers in front of them which are put plainly and WHICH CHANGE THE MOMENT THE SCAMMER MAKES THEIR MOVE you must have quite the low opinion of the poor guys who got scammed.

For the voidforge/starforge thingy, I honestly have to agree with them though, links ... alright it could easily be made more obvious because something it's kind of ... meh, not great of a display depending on the item.

But accepting a different item, like ... one with a different name ? That's a bit much, the name of the item ( one of the easiest things to check ), a quite famous name is different already, I would rather GGG would not add intrusive GUI elements because people who can't make a difference from the name would likely need intrusive elements to not be fooled.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

ShakinGaijin : thread 2612666, Dyadus burning earthquake!RIP :(
[outdated]SweetBreaker : thread 823111 (facebreaker IB witch).
[outdated]Sunder guardian : thread 1831267 [BHC]ripped
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 11, 2019, 4:49:35 AM
Its going to be a toggle, like how alt toggles the links and colors. If you don't want it you don't toggle the information.

Come on, you literally have to hover all items with your mouse to accept the trade, what more is there to be done for irresponsible people to not being scummed? Save/load before any trade? They won't save then lol.
Its the same logic as having lights over important orb/item drops and a sound. It is possible to pick them up without those 2 but you cant deny that they are a useful addition and help with currency pickups.

I see no reason why a more clear trade interface wont work in a similar way.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

This is just wrong, nothing changes without the other side having to check new item(s). It's just people are either too lazy or too stupid to hover the cursor on the item and not look at it.
Once again assuming the victims are retards who refuse to read information in front of them.

In one case you get a glimpse, in the other it is clearly written in front of you and changes instantly once the seller changes it. Of course it is different.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Its the same logic as having lights over important orb/item drops and a sound. It is possible to pick them up without those 2 but you cant deny that they are a useful addition and help with currency pickups.

I see no reason why a more clear trade interface wont work in a similar way.

Not the same logic at all. It would be same if you would not be able to go futher until you checked all the item on the groung with your cursor, because it's exactly like trade works, untill you check all items you're trading for you cannot accept trade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info