Bait-and-switch scams are very easy to minimise, so why haven't you done this already, GGG?

respectul manners?

what? there's like 5-6 threads making fun of people that got scammed and the names are there making jokes of them..

this is far from respectul manners at this point, specially if you blame the scammed for trusting a seller.

again like I said on page 2 there's no reason why GGG can't improve the visuals of LINKED items if they are linked..
Turning players into payers. Anti NPC-Echo chamber.

3.8 so far: High Templar Venarius is back and some tower defense league mechanic with it.

“I don't bow, curtsy, or give a shit.” - Kabal.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Also of grimly amusing note: those who are worried a change like this might be 'holding the players' hands' too much are getting upset because I'm not holding theirs. Which is silly, because every response I've made after the initial thread opener has been nothing more than elaboration and reiteration, i.e. hand-holding. I don't think I could put it better than I did in the first post, which is usually the case. Everything after that is a mix of courtesy and indignation. And some vague, stupid hope that replies=currency=visibility. But what's the point of being, ever so briefly, the loudest voice in a room when the people you're trying to reach aren't even there?

I knew this was a waste of time to begin with but I got it out of my system, so that's nice. Chris is over on reddit praising melee feedback that says nothing people haven't said here a hundred times over, just because the hivemind saw fit to upvote it. The only GGG interaction we see here is Support doing their barest minimum of duties. And not a single response has surprised me -- the usual mix of agreement, slight advancement (cheers raics, really!), and then the inevitable death of the discussion as the topic is mired in increasingly heated exchanges barely relevant to the original topic.

Every now and then even this ant makes the mistake of caring about the farm.

Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
i´m a bit suprised that this thread is still so active its not a bad thing though

as far as i read nearly everyon agrees that makeing links etc more visiable would be a bad thing

even with that agreement we kinda have a few opinions here and actually all of them are reasonable
it boils down to which argument has more value to you

1) some ppl fear that trading will get restricted or slowed down to much

2) some see the time to make these changes no worth it,because they believe ppl ,that dont pay much attention to trades, will still get scamed regardless of the changes

3) and the last one. ppl exspect these changes to have a meaningfull impact

all of the are realistic depending on how ggg would implement changes like this.
Links highlights/bordering ( or whatever else could be done to make them more obvious without it being too intrusive ) would not just be about trading though, it would be a QoL change for everybody, as some items' arts can make it pretty annoying to see clearly and 6Linking those items is .... well, it would be kinder for the eyes if it was more obvious for sure.

"

You both don't look at this from a perspective of a new/noob player. That poor f*ck doesn't even know there are Starforge & Voidforge.
He is playing maybe his first league, following some guide someone said it's good and it has Voidforge in it. He saw how it kinda looks and that's about all he knows about it.

That poor boi is going to grind and grind to save currency to buy that Starforge and when he saves his hard earned Ex he is going to be scammed. Because first of all he don't even know, scamming is a thing in PoE (i didn't know when I started). Second, he never heard about Voidforge.

A new player spending most of his currency on an item should definitely not be careless about giving that much currency away.

Somebody who "grind and grind" and then is not careful about using what he got from it ?
That is just plain carelessness
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

ShakinGaijin : thread 2612666, Dyadus burning earthquake!RIP :(
[outdated]SweetBreaker : thread 823111 (facebreaker IB witch).
[outdated]Sunder guardian : thread 1831267 [BHC]ripped
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 11, 2019, 8:52:34 PM
"
Fruz wrote:

"

You both don't look at this from a perspective of a new/noob player. That poor f*ck doesn't even know there are Starforge & Voidforge.
He is playing maybe his first league, following some guide someone said it's good and it has Voidforge in it. He saw how it kinda looks and that's about all he knows about it.

That poor boi is going to grind and grind to save currency to buy that Starforge and when he saves his hard earned Ex he is going to be scammed. Because first of all he don't even know, scamming is a thing in PoE (i didn't know when I started). Second, he never heard about Voidforge.

A new player spending most of his currency on an item should definitely not be careless about giving that much currency away.

Somebody who "grind and grind" and then is not careful about using what he got from it ?

They want to pretend the game doesn't screw over a new user in almost every single way possible, but as if by magic the trading system is the "weird new user experience" that deviates from that.

Which in most cases it is, since scams are the exception not the rule.

Peace,

-Boem-
It is not easy to realize the monster in yourself, truly it is not easy to create purposefully.
It is easy to realize the virtue in yourself, truly it is easy to destroy.
Contemplate which is worth your time.
-Peace-
"
Fruz wrote:
Links highlights/bordering ( or whatever else could be done to make them more obvious without it being too intrusive ) would not just be about trading though, it would be a QoL change for everybody, as some items' arts can make it pretty annoying to see clearly and 6Linking those items is .... well, it would be kinder for the eyes if it was more obvious for sure.

"

Have you understood at all what I was saying???
Do you even remember how it is to be a new uneducated PoE player???

New player doesn't even know there are 2 swords that looks almost exactly the same.
New player doesn't even know there is scamming in this game.
Hellooo "carelessness"??
It's a bloody game, no one starting to play PoE is expecting scamming attempts. They don't know and it's not their fault.

Are you "careless" if I invite you for a diner at my friends house and he serves you toxic mushrooms. They looked f normal and you didn't know he is an idiot.
If that's the thing now, "hey come play PoE BUT be very careful not to get scammed" it's a very bad place to be in and GGG should to their best to minimize that.
My builds:
Torstein's Oni-Goroshi Slayer /view-thread/2554593
Dragon's Breath Elementalist view-thread/2318921
Dragon's Breath Chieftain view-thread/2506867
We are living in the RNG world, or are we...?
"

Did YOU understand at all what I said ???
The more uneducated, the more time it takes to achieve something, the MORE careful you should be when giving the fruit of those efforts to somebody else, seriously.

Can't people VALUE anything ??? ( here = their time )

You literally specified "grind and grind", which means that the new player in your example KNOWS the value of what he is exchanging, like wtf !

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

ShakinGaijin : thread 2612666, Dyadus burning earthquake!RIP :(
[outdated]SweetBreaker : thread 823111 (facebreaker IB witch).
[outdated]Sunder guardian : thread 1831267 [BHC]ripped
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 11, 2019, 9:45:09 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
"

The more uneducated, the more time it takes to achieve something, the MORE careful you should be when giving the fruit of those efforts to somebody else, seriously.

You literally specified "grind and grind", which means that the new player in your example KNOWS the value of what he is exchanging, like wtf !

Cmon Fruz don't lose your cool, don't you remember those good old newbie days when you where buying items for 6.5 exalts and building characters around loottables from the hardest content in the game?

Have some empathy man.

Peace,

-Boem-
It is not easy to realize the monster in yourself, truly it is not easy to create purposefully.
It is easy to realize the virtue in yourself, truly it is easy to destroy.
Contemplate which is worth your time.
-Peace-
"
Fruz wrote:
"

Yeah, people value their time. And when something like that happens to them they will just say "f this sh*t" and move on to something else.

This is a game. Newbie sees a sword in a trade box that's just like in some xy guide happy to have it finally. He doesn't double check. It's a sword just like from the guide pic, except it's not.
NO ONE is downloading PoE and starting to play it with a mindset "i have to be careful or ill get scammed for my invested time and be back to 0".
People have that IRL and if they need to have that same sh*t here, well guess how many scammed new players will continue to play.

Everything you've said is justified for someone who is already in this game for some time but not for new people who just doesn't know they should expect scams or there are items that look almost identical.
My builds:
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jul 11, 2019, 10:41:44 PM
My builds:
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jul 11, 2019, 10:34:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info