4 spell EE templar (newbie)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVsQaRdUGmwdFB8CIoEpTyycLR8wlzbFOYo8BT1fRKtG11JTVa5WSl3GYG1mT20ZdhF9U36vgUmCm4V9i4yNGY48jmSPRo-mlQSYrZ2unqGf36cIr5uyOLaGtvrBtMy31XXYJN2M3fPgEuFz5CLk7O0g73zyzvem

Hello everyone,
I'm very new to PoE(level 15), but I'd like to know if I'm on the right path with my templar build

First a few important notes on how I'd like to play
1. Always co-op, always the same partner (DW duelist, with a focus on FIRE attacks)
2. Elemental Equilibrium. It sounds really interesting if I'm understanding it correctly.
3. AoE and single target attacks alternating between cold and lightning, this should keep all enemies weak vs fire for my partner
4.I didn't take any health nodes(yet), or weapon specific ones, as I don't know what I'll need/use

So,
for weak mobs I'd use Frost Nova, and Shock Nova 1,2,1,2
for single target I'd use Glacial Hammer, and Lightning Strike 1,2,1,2

Now some questions:
a) simply using a 1,2,1,2 with cold,lightning is how EE is supposed to be used,right?
b) Are the 4 skills I've chosen viable(I haven't even seen shock nova yet)
c) Does Bloodthirst work for spells? It Just says +crit, so I'm not sure if it's global...
d) for EE, am I correct in understanding that every attack cancels out the previous +/- resists?
e) is there a way to subscribe to this thread so that I get a PM when someone posts?

I think that's all for now, any tips would be appreciated, Thanks!
Last edited by SoggyShorts on Mar 14, 2013, 4:26:56 PM
First of all, I'm quite new to PoE, so anything I say could be wrong. Also I haven't tried a EE build yet.

Okay I wrote all below this before reading what skills you wanted to use. The advice below applies only if you decide to use spells instead of attacks. If you are unsure of the difference, attacks depends on how strong your weapon is (glacial hammer and lightning strike), while spells doesn't (ice nova, shock nova). Usually it's not that good to use both attacks and spells, so if you want to get the most strength out of your character, you should stick with one of them. If you decide to use spells only, read what I wrote below, otherwise skip it.

The advice I could give you is that it's (probably) not a good idea to invest so many ponts into specific elemental damage. Since you'll be alterating between two different elements, those nodes are going to be half as strong. So picking up a 6% lightning damage is only going to increase your damage by 3% since you'll only use that damage bonus half of the time.

Try to go for spell damage/elemental damage/cast speed instead etc. I made a few changes to your tree, but once again use it at your own risk because I still have a lot to learn about this game.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVsXVBpsHRQfAiKBKU8snC0fNsU8BT1fRKtG11JTVa5dxmBtZk9tGX1Tfq-BSYKbhX2LjI0ZjjyOZI9Gj6aYrZ2unqGf36cIr5uyOLaGtvrYJN2M3fPgEuFz5CLtIO9896ZJsgLjB6WCEN-wwbTk7HYRtQQ=

I swapped

30% cold damage
18% lightning damage

for

9% cast speed
18% spell damage
10 int
and 2 extra points

Remember that 30% cold damage is only 15% overall damage and 18% lightning is 9%, so I guess you could say that together they only give you a 24% spell damage bonus.

Once again, if someone else says something different, you should probably listen to them instead. Hopefully they know what they're talking about :P
your using way too many skills. You will be lacking much needed supports and important things like auras, and curses and a skeleton totem.

I always wanted to try a nova EE build.
Shock Nova + Faster Cast + Lightning Penetration + Life Leech
Frost Nova + Faster Cast + Cold Penetration + Mana Leech
Molten Shell + Life Leech + Mana Leech
Enduring Cry for Bosses

Pick up minion instability and go minions as well.
Get Zombies + Minion Life
Raise Skeleton + Skeleton Totem
Throw all those in a +2 minion skills helm

Then get dual curses:
Elemental weakness + Temp Chains + Enfeeble + Reduced Mana

Prolly run a few auras:
Discipline and Clarity
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info