Minion Instability Question

Does the passive "Minion Instability" receive increases in damage from other passives like "Immolation," "Fire Walker," and "Elementalist," or is the fire damage set at the maximum life of the minion?
From what I understand the more life your minions got the higher the damage will be.
IGN: Exurath / Murakai / Verukai
"
pepperbrooks wrote:
Does the passive "Minion Instability" receive increases in damage from other passives like "Immolation," "Fire Walker," and "Elementalist," or is the fire damage set at the maximum life of the minion?
The passives you're mentioning increase the fire damage you deal. They do not affect the damage dealt by your minions. When your minions explode, they deal damage to surrounding enemies.

Currently, due to an engine limitation we're going to hopefully get around in future, this damage is not really dealt in the damage system, so is not actually affected by the minion's stats - this will change.

However, stats which increase fire damage you deal will not start affecting damage dealt by your minions.
Thanks, that's what I thought. I was just theory-crafting a zoo-mancer similar to what I used to run in D2. Avoiding the fire enhancement passives will help me stay a little closer to the theme by taking curses, anyway.
Thanks Mark, it's good to know that it's a limitation that can be fixed up.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Currently, due to an engine limitation we're going to hopefully get around in future, this damage is not really dealt in the damage system, so is not actually affected by the minion's stats - this will change.

Does this also apply to Increased Item Quantity/Rarity?

Say my summoner had 40% IIR, and I had socketed a 20% IIR gem to my minions. Would enemies killed with Minion Instability result in 60%, 40%, 20% or 0% IIR on the drops?
"
aka_exile wrote:

Say my summoner had 40% IIR, and I had socketed a 20% IIR gem to my minions. Would enemies killed with Minion Instability result in 60%, 40%, 20% or 0% IIR on the drops?
When a minion kills, its IIR and IIQ are added to yours before loot is rolled. So, your example would have minions with 60% IIR.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
When a minion kills, its IIR and IIQ are added to yours before loot is rolled. So, your example would have minions with 60% IIR.

I mean specifically with Minion Instability. I know that minions killing in melee/etc will get the 60%, but Mark said above:

"
<Minion Instability damage> is not really dealt in the damage system, so is not actually affected by the minion's stats

I'm wondering if this results in stats such as IIR and IIQ not being used in the drop calculation. Since the explosion isn't really dealt in the damage system, it may not have a damage source (enemies that die in this manner may be considered as killed by the system and not the minions), and so may not have anywhere to take any drop quantity/rarity modifiers from.
"
pepperbrooks wrote:
Thanks, that's what I thought. I was just theory-crafting a zoo-mancer similar to what I used to run in D2. Avoiding the fire enhancement passives will help me stay a little closer to the theme by taking curses, anyway.

You can put the points you would have put into fire dmg into Dex so you can use corpse explosion then

Or maybe both, since i'd guess corpse explosion *is* affected by +fire damage. Then just use ice spear instead of bone spear :P
"
aka_exile wrote:

Those should work. The minion doesn't (technically) deal damage, but if it reduces something to 0 life, it still receives credit for the kill and thus applies it's drop modifiers.
Hi, did the situation change since April (wiki says different things on different pages) - are elemental/fire damage boosts increasing the damage dealt by exploding minions via minion instability?
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
Last edited by piotras on Oct 7, 2012, 11:10:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info