Why are people so mad?

People are mad because of the injustice or.....feeling insecure compared to the RICH

DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM
"
DoubleU wrote:
Because drivers and pedestrians are stupid.

b... but me! I'm smart r... right?? It's all about ME!
“What kind of f*cking neighborhood is this!?”
“People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.”
I thought we weren't supposed to talk politics and philosophy. Or is that just for some people?

For rules/laws to be respected and obeyed, rules/laws must be applied fairly and equally.

Sorry, wrong country.

Censored.
cuz bad
we're madlads.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I thought we weren't supposed to talk...philosophy.

Show me in the CoC where it says we can't talk philosophy. Of course, using philosophy to be needlessly and obviously inflammatory/antagonistic, well, yeah, you're going to attract the repercussions. But, and this is something I thought you'd all figured out by now, it is silly to try to slippery-slope this one. If you want to talk about Plato or Socrates or Hegel or Nietzsche in an intelligent rational fashion, go for it. If you want to use any of those to set a fire that doesn't need to be set, then you're not only being a smartarse, you're insulting the core material by extrapolating it for your own petty ends.

Damn it, you are smarter than this.

I wish that were true, but it isnt.

You could obviously apply intelligent, rational discussion to discussions on religion, politics & government, climate change, gun control, ect ect, but GGG has been fairly clear, or more accurately, unclear, about "inflammatory topics"

I think philosophy would definitely fit into that category regardless of anyone's hope for a rational, fair-minded discussion.

I suppose we could test by making a thread debating the Philosophy of Benatar, Singer, Schmidt, or Marx just to name a few that I know wouldnt end well.

Now that I think about it, merely testing the CoC is a violation...what a world.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I thought we weren't supposed to talk...philosophy.

Show me in the CoC where it says we can't talk philosophy. Of course, using philosophy to be needlessly and obviously inflammatory/antagonistic, well, yeah, you're going to attract the repercussions. But, and this is something I thought you'd all figured out by now, it is silly to try to slippery-slope this one. If you want to talk about Plato or Socrates or Hegel or Nietzsche in an intelligent rational fashion, go for it. If you want to use any of those to set a fire that doesn't need to be set, then you're not only being a smartarse, you're insulting the core material by extrapolating it for your own petty ends.

Damn it, you are smarter than this.

A fire that doesn't need to be set.

I do certainly hope you understand the folly of such a sentiment and statement. At least that would imply you understand the arbitration of thought and it's fundamental consequence long term.

Imagine feeling emotions and not having the vocabulair to express it and subsequentially being incapable to formulate solution because of it or not having the framework to deal with them rendering internal control impossible.

Also is there a reason why i should take the opinion seriously of somebody that alienates former friends once they have a diverging opinion on certain public topics?
What point is there exactly to taking somebody serious that rather opts to ostracise opinions instead of compete with them based on arbitrary personal egocentric rulings.

I see none, not that i wont listen to them, rather that i will deem them dull from the onset because i don't expect pollish or depth from them.

Ideas are anti fragile, so, though luck.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Talking about talking about things we're not supposed to talk about? Yes, I find the best solution to that is to change the subject. Easier said than done, oh yes.

"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Why [are people so mad]? Discuss.

Mad is ace, classic mad mayhem crazy ass dumb funny stirring shit, not this unfocused boring and unfunny ranting some say is mad, what are you on about.

The philosophy of Alfred E Neuman: What, me worry? Counterpoints and corollaries in thought through the ages. Discuss, in a lighthearted manner using memes and cat pictures if possible.

Everyone is always mad because there is always something that can be improved.
Those with weak resolve just let themselves be blinded by feelings of joy or accomplishment!
"
Everyone is always mad because there is always something that can be improved.
Those with weak resolve just let themselves be blinded by feelings of joy or accomplishment!

You stole that from a monument in Slovistovnigrod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info