How do you link to steam without getting characters deleted?

So like the thousands before me, i created a pathofexile.com account and linked steam to it. Now when I log on its treated as a brand new account.

Was there a proper way to do this? if not please disable linking steam so you can only do it through support.
Last bumped on Jun 19, 2019, 7:30:45 AM
Exactly what happen to me today... I want my Steam account back.. ANYBODY HELPP MEEE!
Sorry to hear that this has happened, could you both please email us at support@grindinggear.com detailing this issue if you have not already done so? We would be more than happy to look into this for you.
"
RoryF_GGG wrote:
Sorry to hear that this has happened, could you both please email us at support@grindinggear.com detailing this issue if you have not already done so? We would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Based on the sheer volume of Account Linking requests (it's the overwhelming majority on this forum) you'd think you would change out a couple words TO COMPLETELY STOP the majority of CS requests on this.

It currently reads:

"If you have a Steam account, you can link it to your Path of Exile account here."

but it should, instead, read:

"If you have a Steam account, you can link this GGG account to your Steam account over there."

Instant 80% reduction in volume of CS requests. For christ sake do it!
Last edited by tempExile3k on Jun 18, 2019, 5:34:23 PM
"
tempExile3k wrote:
"
RoryF_GGG wrote:

Based on the sheer volume of Account Linking requests (it's the overwhelming majority on this forum) you'd think you would change out a couple words TO COMPLETELY STOP the majority of CS requests on this.

It currently reads:

"If you have a Steam account, you can link it to your Path of Exile account here."

but it should, instead, read:

"If you have a Steam account, you can link this GGG account to your Steam account over there."

Instant 80% reduction in volume of CS requests. For christ sake do it!

Exactly, based off their description it doesnt sound like it would create problems like this. I can't believe how long this has been going on for.
"
Exodus180 wrote:
Exactly, based off their description it doesnt sound like it would create problems like this. I can't believe how long this has been going on for.

Yup, and the thing is: everyone who does this [account linking] does not know to go hunting for information on how to *really migrate over to using the stand alone* if they're coming from Steam because once you're at the Account Linking page, here in the GGG account, the way it's worded sounds exactly like what you actually need when in reality it does the exact opposite of what you wanted to do.

So the moral of the story is when you're looking for something, say your keys so you can go to work, once you found your keys keep looking for your keys to go to work. lol

Last edited by tempExile3k on Jun 19, 2019, 7:36:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info