A nub needs help with Templar with Totem, Hex, Conduit!

Firstly I started a few days ago. Secondly I have been messing around with the Templar and Shadow starting points on the tree. Thirdly in 36 points spent on the tree both classes can attain: Hex Master, Whispers of Doom, Conduit, Ancestral Bond. The idea behind my great misunderstanding on how this game works is to make a Templar or Shadow with a somewhat unique attempt (In my opinion) at a hybrid of the "Spork Totem Templar build" and including Hexes and Conduit. Knowledge tells me that these 36 levels are all poorly laid on the passive tree board and I have no idea what I am doing. I am looking for all insight into this idea.

Notes on what each class will get after 36 points spent.
Spoiler
The Shadow Path:
10% spell dmg
170 int
90 str
Hex Master
18% curse casting speed
Wispers of Doom
conduit
22% totem life
22% totem duration
Ancestral Bond

Templar Path:
40% mana regen
31% elemental dmg
10% elemental resistance
180 int
20 str
1 power charge
15 power charge duration
22% totem life
22% totem duration
Ancestral Bond
Hex Master
18% curse casting speed
Wispers of Doom
conduit

Templar Version of what I planned.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVsUsBZAHRQo-ilPLKc5UjowRtdObVgHWfNaK1v0XcZmnoV9i4yPRpUgm6Gj8qcIrJi1BLiTvDfAGtDQ4XPkIuvu7SD31_rS

Shadow Version of what I planned.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAP0UsBdQHNwn7SxGLKctRzlSOjA8LTy9QYdGcUwtTm1QQlgHWfNaK1v0f8aCHoLHiEKTJ5Ugo_KsqrQMtz68N8HFxPbGrt53
Well where do i start...

You do not have ANY survivability, reaching hex Keystones as fast as possible is fine but with this... you'll simply die.
The first lvls are supposed to be spent mainly on defensive nodes increasing your survivability so you have a base to build your damage around later on if you don't do this you are simply screwed. And to clarify this i mean completely and totally screwed.

Then I'm a huge fan of the Hex Keystones and I'm using them with my spork totem templar as well but what exactly did you take Conduit for?
You've got no way of getting power charges and no way of getting frenzy charges as well, you might use enduring cry but it's simply not worth it to take Conduit just to share a few endurance charges...

You also have taken an awful lot of plan +10 int nodes right at the beginning, these are generally horrible and are only supposed to be used as highways to reach important keystones but early on you should try to avoid them as good as you can.

This is how a totem templar build with rushed Hex Keystones could look like:

Thanks for your input. I fast tracked for a purpose of checking to see how quickly it could be achieved. I had no idea about conduit being useless because I have not really experienced this game enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info