CaptainEnglands - Holy Grail CI Cyclone Theorum

Re-Edited out the junk, did some more crafting.

The Level 90 Holy Grail CI Cyclone Theorum Passive Tree
Spoiler
Help Alira - Krait - Oak

Gives lot's of great stats, One thing I'm curious about is if the life regen from any passive + the Endurance charges, applying to energy shield after vaal pact & Zealots Oath are taken.

HP based Flexible version
Level 90 Help Oak - Krait - Oak
Really flexible item wise, allows for any 2handed weapon. 40% passive accuracy and decent dex stat with 176% ish HP boost lot's of regen. I would blood magic the cyclone in this one.

Another Resolute Tech Crit Excluded Version
Level 90 Alira - Krait - Oak
This versions gemming and itemizing would be totally different from the build I'm trying to accomplish.

Main Attack Skills

Elemental hit as single target attack.

Leap Slam as mobility and damage.

Cyclone as more damage and the AOE skill.

Enfeeble Curse Gem (I live by the way of the enfeeble. LIVE by it.)

"

Still Wondering about the effects of Elemental Equilibrium on cylone with multiple elements added to it.

Level 72 Build
Spoiler
Level 72 Help Alira - Krait - Oak

I start this off by taking melee damage and the 40% mana reg node, respeccing later.

Base Life - 470 (50 Base +6 per level, Level 72)
Str Stat Life - 121
591 Base Life
X Life on Gear
(50 on each ring, 50 on armour, 50 on belt, 50 on boot, 50 on neck & 50 on helm)
*158% More Life

An Approximate HP = 1500

--------------------------

104% ES Boost from both Body and Soul rings.
30% Boosted ES from Int stat in passive tree.

Once Discipline is up + whatever stats on gear, who knows what this could be.
All I know is that templar type gear makes this build work, except a few circumstances, like the insane Evasion/Armour Helmet I linked in one of the comments.

When statting up some gears look like this:
"

That's a prime example of a gear that would work Excellently with this build.

Four Uniques

Dodre's Damning - This ring gives you extra mana and mana gen to sustain the costs of Cyclone as well as allowing double curse. Enfeeble/Warlords/Crit Weakness are good choices.

Limbsplit Woodsplitter - Insane for leveling up in the early game, I use sweep with it until mid 30's when I change wep to something more powerful.

Reapers Pursuit - Cannot Miss, Extra Rarity, Loads of physical base damage, Culling Strike.

Koams Primacy - Higher level with more damage and has accuracy inside it to help hit the mark.

All of these Uniques are more or less what you need to have a really good game leveling up.

Early Game Jargan From Comments (Kinda long but worth looking at)

Spoiler
Ty for the reply sir :D yes I know I'm working on this build at the moment and I did have a plan to make it CI in the long run but, I'm still mixing things up and playing the early/mid game. I did a char until level 40 yesterday and then restarted because I helped Alira Instead of taking HP from Oak. It turns out to be a very GOOD option because of the mana dependency of Cylone and also allowing the transition into CI in late game if need be.

In the Early I run Anger aura and in Mid game (Act 3 Norm Onwards) I have Clarity + Anger. I still don't have space to run the Wrath aura also yet, but this setup allowed me to have around 80 mana spare to cast the 56 cost cyclone.

This is my current passive tree level 33

I'm Rolling with this gear

Spoiler

I also got my hand on a few more really awesome Late game items yesterday ^^

Spoiler

I'm coming up to piety in normal soon, but I wanna level myself to 35 first because I wanna switch up a few items, EG the rings and my belt to cap resi and get a bit more HP. I can't take away the accuracy nodes even thought I got myself a Reapers Pursuit because the dex keeps my gems on lol :))after I switch to Koams Primacy the accuracy will once again be in effect.

--------------------------------

So! I spent more time today just messing around trolling global and upped all my gears in preparation for normal piety. I just held back, sorted out all my stuff geared up and got beefy. The sensible way to proceed into cruel and beyond. Gonna link up my current setup, this gives some peeks into the progression of things for me as well :)

Level 38 (nice and overleveled for a boss, I think usually smart if you are melee)

Gears I had at level 38
Spoiler

I put up the Double Curse for warlords + Enfeeble, Also I got my Life on Hit gem for the cyclone and the extra mana on kill from Doedre's is insane at sustaining. When I cyclone into a group of mobs whilst using a mana pot I spin spin spin spin and they Drop. HP Jumps up if I take any shocking damage. My total HP is probably pretty low.. but my resistances are triple 80% capped and my armour is 46% DR without the granite, my evasion sits at 25% chance to evade.

**A Quick note is that I'm probably going to take a Dispel Frozen Quicksilver while fighting piety. The reason is because MOST of the trouble I ever get with piety is her Ice form.

--------------------------------------------

This build got pretty hard at cruel markets -

(Specifically the Barb Snakes were heavy in chaos damage and had ranged LMP attacks that made it toooo dangerous to get close and cyclone. Probably a DEATH sentence unless you had enough chaos resi, I was running around with a chaos flask and it didn't really make me feel comfortable and obviously the build became too gear dependent leveling it that way as I already use several uniques)

- and I need to revisit the whole spec later. My opinion is that this needs to be leveled in other ways than I was doing as mentioned. I play HC and this build is pretty hard to survive in HC. I did however make an alternate build that CAN do this and I've made it into merciless act 1 in HC with EASE. If you play Sofcore then this build is amazing and you can probably just stat into crits early and wipe everything out just running through the difficult parts to get quests done.

My 2H Crit Heavy Strike, Sweep Marauder
Last edited by KewlKarma on Mar 22, 2013, 4:20:13 PM
Reserved for any other stuff if I need space.
Last edited by KewlKarma on Mar 16, 2013, 2:38:03 AM
You cant be stunned while using Cyclone. Making the unique necklace almost useless.

Also, Kraityn gives 6% attack speed now.
I saw Resolute Technique. It means you can't crit, right?
yeah LOL that skipped my brain. very silly of me yeah, just remove resolute technique, it's something im going to look over with the gemming and itemizing right now.
check out my reso tech crit build guys

i know what im doing
I've been playing and I'm taking resolute technique in the early game up until late game. Later I will place in the appropriate calculations regarding the accuracy. (gotta spend my time figuring a whole bunch of stuff out first, Including leveling up with the actual build mentioned) In the end I know this will turn out cool, my only other concern is perhaps, the total amount of HP and energy I have.

Please beyond the mistakes, keep things constructive and help me with building this thing up.

this is pretty much how i got through a bunch of the early stuff ^^ really amazing damage and clearing, it would be a bit better if i was lucky enough to get the 4L with life on hit.

lmao... it dropped randomly and now im spinning to win it in crematorium with resolute technique.
Last edited by KewlKarma on Mar 14, 2013, 1:12:36 PM
what's the obsession with unique items? I'm gonna try this on hc, well... 2h temp crit cyclone
^
Bump - Changed lot's of stuff still working at this build.
You say this is a CI build but no CI in the linked build, also how is using ES going for you? I'm doing a more HP / Armor based version of this build and it seems to be working well, in A2 cruel now and was able to facetank normal piety.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info