Constant Lag Spikes ONLY in PoE

Ever since new league has been introduced I have been getting lag spikes very often and consistently. My normal ping is somewhere between 40-60, and with these spikes they jump to about 350-400. They only last a second or two, but sometimes I will get them where they last up to about 5 seconds if not longer. I have tested other games, and everything works fine. I have tested other realms including D.C. and Texas (California is my normal realm.) I use Mesh Router system so I am technically connected via ethernet cord into a secondary "satellite" router. I have tried all of the follow: hard wiring into main router, cable modem, using different Ethernet cords, closing all background programs, firmware updates, calling my ISP (SHOCKER - nothing is wrong on their end [I don't think there ever is lul,]) I have pinged google.com and had 0 packet loss, I have flushed my DNS, and I have disabled/uninstalled my antivirus stuff. Nothing has worked. I ran a WinMTR as per the rules these are the results:

HALP

EDIT: I'd also like to add that while sitting in my hideout I get these lag spikes far less frequently than I do when I am in a map or in a zone with monsters. I am using Bladestorm as my main skill and Leap Slap as my movement just in case that has something to do with it.

EDIT 2: Additional info. I live in Idaho my ISP is Cableone

Last edited by kulnan on Jun 12, 2019, 1:20:14 PM
Last bumped on Jun 14, 2019, 6:31:27 PM
The lag spikes has only been a recent development for me. Starting around 12 hours ago from now. Before that the game ran okay excluding the crashes from legion and channeling abilities.
I cant play without VPN since synthesis because you cant fix the routing problems that exist with Deutsche Telekom and 1&1. Are you in contact with your hosting-provider to fix this? I remeber there was a big thread in the forum when synthesis league was, but I cant find it anywhere...
"
I cant play without VPN since synthesis because you cant fix the routing problems that exist with Deutsche Telekom and 1&1. Are you in contact with your hosting-provider to fix this? I remeber there was a big thread in the forum when synthesis league was, but I cant find it anywhere...

I was fine in synthesis. Like I said this is the first time this has happened for me, and I've been around for a long time. I have contacted my ISP. They said everything on their end was running fine. They didn't really get too far into details though.
I am having the same issues, but it is not in every map, sometimes it works just fine, no lags at all, and then again very high spikes, picture freezes for 5 seconds and so on. It is really bad and it only started today for me. I am in Germany, also using Telekom, but i doubt it is the provider, since everything else works like a charm.

I hope you guys can fix this soon.

I am in the same boat, as is everyone in general chat apparently at the moment. There is zero lag for 30s then a horrible 2-5s lag spike where its frozen, then it resumes as normal. I think this just started with the last hotfix patch.
"
I am having the same issues, but it is not in every map, sometimes it works just fine, no lags at all, and then again very high spikes, picture freezes for 5 seconds and so on. It is really bad and it only started today for me. I am in Germany, also using Telekom, but i doubt it is the provider, since everything else works like a charm.

If routing does not work to their hosting provider it can only be in poe and everything else not. There was a huge topic (20-30 pages minimum) that covered that problem in synthesis.

since today (patch ??) 12-jun-19 absolutely unplayable. latency spikes in europe from 300 up to 2000!. but only after 2-5 minutes. doesnt matter which server (changed ALL)
playing from europe, germany
telekom .. and ONLY AFTER the last patch
"

I experienced this same exact situation and around the same time.

It would freeze for 5-10 second then just quit. In a two hour period this happened 4 or 5 times.

I was disconnected the same amount of times.

Before I quit the lag was worse than the WinterOrb lag of last League.

I have a brand new gaming rig that hasn't had any issue the past two leagues.

"
kulnan wrote:
Ever since new league has been introduced I have been getting lag spikes very often and consistently. My normal ping is somewhere between 40-60, and with these spikes they jump to about 350-400. They only last a second or two, but sometimes I will get them where they last up to about 5 seconds if not longer. I have tested other games, and everything works fine. I have tested other realms including D.C. and Texas (California is my normal realm.) I use Mesh Router system so I am technically connected via ethernet cord into a secondary "satellite" router. I have tried all of the follow: hard wiring into main router, cable modem, using different Ethernet cords, closing all background programs, firmware updates, calling my ISP (SHOCKER - nothing is wrong on their end [I don't think there ever is lul,]) I have pinged google.com and had 0 packet loss, I have flushed my DNS, and I have disabled/uninstalled my antivirus stuff. Nothing has worked. I ran a WinMTR as per the rules these are the results:

HALP

EDIT: I'd also like to add that while sitting in my hideout I get these lag spikes far less frequently than I do when I am in a map or in a zone with monsters. I am using Bladestorm as my main skill and Leap Slap as my movement just in case that has something to do with it.

EDIT 2: Additional info. I live in Idaho my ISP is Cableone

SHOCKER - Problems with your ISP !!

Well the connection between your pc and the ISP device in your house is a bit unstable because you have small lag spikes up to 12 ms -->
192.168.1.1 - 0 | 500 | 500 | 1 | 2 | 12 | 2
Try to check if there is a new firmware for the ISP device.

However, the big problem is the connection between your ISP device in your house and the ISP connection "out in the road". Here you have 2% packet loss (very bad) and lag spikes up to 60 ms -->
10.112.114.1 - 2 | 469 | 461 | 10 | 16 | 60 | 15
So your ISP didn't check shit when you called them and this has to be fixed first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info