Please help...can no longer cast my spells while moving!!

Hi,

I play an Ice-based Occultist and since last patch I can no longer cast my main nuke (Cold Snap) when moving. Nor can I drop my totems. I habitually hold down LMB to move from one place to another, and now if I cast anything that has a wind-up time while moving, it takes the mana and goes on cooldown but no spell is cast.

I realize this is to do with the animation cancelling added in 3.7, but it is basically making caster gameplay extremely frustrating. Is there an option in the game I may have missed that would stop this happening?

I mean if I cast a spell, it is of utmost priority that it should cast, regardless of what else is going on. Especially Cold SNap which is vital to my survival. I am typically moving a LOT at bosses and right now, this change has resulted in approx 9/10 of my Cold Snaps NOT casting. You can imagine how unplayable this is.
Softcore versus Hardcore? Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that an HC character dying at level 70 is less of a loss (time-wise) than a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+.
Last bumped on Jun 12, 2019, 12:55:24 PM
well I am a Frostbolt Elementalist and have walk only on LMB, flame dash on MMB, frostbolt on RMB and Orb of storm curse on hit on Q. I have no problem moving and casting either of my skills.
Maybe if you can make a video of the problem?
Hi,

I´ve the same problem with my Holy Flame Totem Chieftain.
LMB - running
RMB - Flame Totem

while I stand still I´m able to summon a flame totem with short clicking the RMB.
While I´m running with LMB I´m not able to summon a flame totem by short clicking the RMB.
I´m only able to summon the totem while I´m running if I hold the RMB (not just short clicking).

Yes this is an issue since last patch. In the beginning of the season I could hold down movement and cast Leap Slam, but since the patch it gets animation cancelled like 50% of the time, without me doing anything different when it works and when it doesn't work.

Please fix quickly because it's really annoying!
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
well I am a Frostbolt Elementalist and have walk only on LMB, flame dash on MMB, frostbolt on RMB and Orb of storm curse on hit on Q. I have no problem moving and casting either of my skills.
Maybe if you can make a video of the problem?

I have never used those skills. Do they have wind up time? If they are instant then they are unaffected by this issue.

Here a test you could try:

1) Equip a totem skill.
2) Press the LMB and HOLD it, do not release the button at all during this test.
3) Run around in a circle and try to place a totem. Remember, do not release the LMB while you run.

Basically you will not be able to place a totem unless you release the LMB and stop moving. Instead you will spend the mana and the totem spell will go on cooldown, but no totem will be placed. I do not want to have to release the LMB while running about every time I want to place a totem etc.
Softcore versus Hardcore? Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that an HC character dying at level 70 is less of a loss (time-wise) than a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+.
Please GGG this wasn't even an issue until 3.7.0f just roll it back or make it an option or something don't fuck over everyone just for the sake of idiots who want to play this way

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info