Need More Achievements Each League

"
Martinh_nord wrote:
"
trollkind1 wrote:
"
ravenclaw77 wrote:

If GGG doesn't add trophies, people will take their business Elsweyr.

I'm not too worried, most play PoE to have fun with the actual game. Also, did you notice the 40 challenges every new league that gives rewards you can actually show off in game?

Seconded. I have never seen or heard of anyone who quit a game, due to no achievements.

Would it be nice with new achievements each league? Sure. But it's waaaaay down the wishlist compared to other Quality of Life improvements.

That's because trophy hunters are typically depressed people with OCD who dont know how to just enjoy a game the normal way. They need to have trophies/achievements else they don't feel any meaning. It's actually rather sad.
[Removed by Support]
"

That's because trophy hunters are typically depressed people with OCD who dont know how to just enjoy a game the normal way. They need to have trophies/achievements else they don't feel any meaning. It's actually rather sad.

Relax with the assumptions.
... is not a troll
"
ravenclaw77 wrote:
... the vast array of in-game achievements and trophies on offer for Diablo 3. They reward you more for playing on hardcore, playing multiple characters, using different builds, maximizing the effectiveness of skills (which basically require certain sets).

Urgh, I'm still slogging my way through the "get a 70 of all classes" one. I wish their leagues would offer anything actually new or interesting. They even have challenges (at least not trophies) for getting a SECOND character of a class to 70. In a game where every character of a class can be every variant of that class. The fact that they have the season journeys at all is nice but it's usually the same same and just rewards a linear path of growing power.
All in all, I wouldn't cite D3 as a shining example for achievement design (WoW was better in that regard) but I would like more granularity in some of PoE's achievements like all environmental lore/dialogue, to have subsets per act. That would be a lot more motivating and help with getting that done even without a google doc on a second screen.
... is not a troll
"
trollkind1 wrote:
"
ravenclaw77 wrote:
... the vast array of in-game achievements and trophies on offer for Diablo 3. They reward you more for playing on hardcore, playing multiple characters, using different builds, maximizing the effectiveness of skills (which basically require certain sets).

Urgh, I'm still slogging my way through the "get a 70 of all classes" one. I wish their leagues would offer anything actually new or interesting. They even have challenges (at least not trophies) for getting a SECOND character of a class to 70. In a game where every character of a class can be every variant of that class. The fact that they have the season journeys at all is nice but it's usually the same same and just rewards a linear path of growing power.
All in all, I wouldn't cite D3 as a shining example for achievement design (WoW was better in that regard) but I would like more granularity in some of PoE's achievements like all environmental lore/dialogue, to have subsets per act. That would be a lot more motivating and help with getting that done even without a google doc on a second screen.

Subsets would be nice, or a way to see what lore I'm missing and what act or zone it's in.

Clearly WoW's achievement system is better than Diablo's, I chose D3 because of its similarity in game play to PoE and because WoW isn't a console game. For an ARPG on console, D3 comes closest to what I'd like to see -- lots of achievements and new ones with each expansion / league (though D3 needed / needs more expansions -- after the huge success of D2, and in this day of oversaturation of DLCs, how on earth did D3 only have one single DLC?? It should've had 3-4 per year for at least 3-5 years.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info