[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

I know there are a lot of Tectonic Slam Builds out there already. But as far as i've seen they all limit themselves somehow because they are build up on certain uniques. And that's fine, especially if you don't want to invest to much currency in one build.

But if you have fun in maximizing your character step by step, without any constrictions, or just want to learn how to get the best out of your currency for your build, this is a guide for you.

But i have to point out - this is not an easy "buy multiple Uniques and you are done" Guide. It's mostly about getting the best Rares for the best price by proper use of the Trading Site and Path of Building. So it will depend a lot on yourself how good your character will be for the currency you have.

To get you an easy start and an good overview how to gear this build properly, i will provide you six Gear Setup examples (5 reasonable ones) for roughly 15c, 2ex, 10ex, 25ex, 40ex and finally my Setup that was a lot more expensive (and not reasonable in any way - but i just like to maximise my character). If it's not your league starter and you already have some currency, feel free to start on the more advanced Gear Setups. To ease you the gearing process i will provide you with an item search for every single item, so you don't have to build them yourself.

I also recommend to take a look at the "Gear sorted by Item Slots" Section where i provide additional information about the Upgrade Process of each Item Slot. Take especially a look at the Amulet, Ring, Jewel and Sword section. These are crucial Item Parts that provide the most damage for our Build and therefore that's the part where you can lose the most damage or just waste the most currency for no reasonable damage gain.

[3.7] PoB: https://pastebin.com/Cx9mKgwU

The PoB Link includes the Leveling Tree + six Gear Setups.

Notice: Smashing Strike is skilled for a easy Endurance Charge Generation. If you can keep your Endurance Charges up without it (for eg with Leap Slam + Endurance Charge on Stun), you don't need to skill it. But that needs a pretty aware playstyle.

How to switch Tree's and Gear Setups
Always change the Tree according to the Item Set Gear Setup. The Jewels are bound to the used Tree, not the Item Set. So you always have to change the Tree too (although the T3 to T0 Tree's are the same - the Jewels aren't, so you still have to switch)

[3.7] Changes
- Switched from Juggernaut to Chieftain. Chieftain provides a better Endurance Charge Generation and more life regeneration while beeing able to keep the same damage
- Because we switched to Chieftain we will have to get Accuracy on our Gear. I mainly recommend to get a high Accuracy Roll on your Helmet and get some Accuracy on Rings and/or Amulet. We won't need that Accuracy anymore when we switch to T2/T1 Foils with Hits can't be evaded. So plan your Gear according to what you want to reach.
Be aware that i can't change the shown Gear Examples to one's with accuracy because i can't acquire fitting one's currently. So, just keep in Mind that you need some Accuracy when playing Chieftain.
- With the change from Juggernaut to Chieftain, Oskarms lose a lot of value. So feel free to take good Rare gloves with Accuracy instead of Oskarms. And don't mind the missing curse. Decent Rare Gloves compensate the missing curse completly.

Edit from 10. Jun: I've reworked the Gem Section. Included the New Gem Setup in PoB.

Edit from 12. Jun: For everyone who wants to switch to Swords as soon as possible for the faster Playstyle compared to Ahn's Might, here are two additional Trade Links:

260pdps+, 1.8aps+, 6%+ crit
290pdps+, 1.8aps+, no crit bonus

The prices currently start at around 10-15c. I personally wouldn't spend more than 40c for a slightly better Weapon than Ahn's Might. If you don't find a good one immediately just wait a little bit.

The first link will more likely show good results which are equal to Ahn's Mights. The second one lacks crit but tries to compensate this with higher phys. But that won't be enough in most cases to be as good as Ahn's Might. There has to be another good stat on them to be as good. But nevertheless i wanted to provide the second link too. There maybe can be found some good swords sometimes which you would miss otherwise.

How to check if the new Sword is worth it's price

then ctrl+v in PoB Item Section

Now you can see how good it is compared to Ahns Might. If you find something that's equal or slightly better - that's good enough for that early in the league

Notice: Either use the PoB Link from this Guide to compare the Weapons. Or, if you use your own, make sure you have at least 700 Accuracy on your Gear. Ahn's Might provide a hugh amount of Accuracy. If you don't have at least 700 on your other gear, your hit chance will be so bad that every other sword you'll try in PoB will be worse than Ahn's Might

In 3.6 this Guide mainly focused on Damage without sacrificing Defense for it. By switching to Chieftain in 3.7 we now get a lot more Defense while keeping the same Damage.

Pro's:
- good Map Clear Speed
- good Boss Damage
- 6-7k life
- good Defense (3-3.5k life per second, buffed Fortify, additinal Physical Damage reduction)
- good Template for a lot of Melee Skills
- getting started with 15c and already ~1-2 million Shaper DPS for around 2ex
- up to 24 Million Shaper DPS possible with a lot of currency and by sacrificing survivability (wearing Abyssus) - Unbuffed Hideout DPS, PoE.Ninja - not recommended for normal play. Only for unreasonable high Boss DPS (that was in 3.6 - probably more possible in 3.7)

Con's:
- it's not Winter Orb (arguable if that's a downside)
- can't run Elemental Reflect Maps
- can run no leech Maps with adding a Mana Flask - but that won't be fun
- not an easy "just buy uniques and your Build is done" Guide

If you want to get a quick start and don't want to read everything in the beginning:

[3.7] PoB: https://pastebin.com/Cx9mKgwU

Just starting the Character?
Read the "Class, Ascendancys & Phanteons Section" and decide which Class you want to take. I highly recommend Chieftain currently. Than switch to the "Leveling Section".

Starting Maps?
Switch to the "Gear Section" and buy your T5 Gear (or better one when you already have more currency ) and put the next Gear Setup you want to aquire on Active Live Search. So you don't miss any good offers.

Starting to upgrade to T3 Equip and above?
Read through the Item Sections to find out what's important. Plan your Equip in Advance. And, i can't say it enough - use the live active search to get your Items as cheap as possible.

Chieftain: (Marauder) - highly recommended
Tawhoa -> Ngamahu -> Tasalio -> Valako

Other Ascendancys - under construction

Juggernaut (Marauder)
Ascendancys: Undeniable -> Unflinching -> Unyielding -> Unbreakable

Endgame Recommendation: Unstoppable for Unyielding

Champion (Duelist)
Ascendancys: Conqueror -> Worthy Foe -> Unstoppable Hero -> First to Strike, Last to Fall

Juggernaut or Champion?
Defensive and Offensive are pretty equaly

Juggernaut Up- and Downsides

Upside: small Endurance Charge Gegneration

Downside: Endurance Charge Gegneration gets worse when your Gear gets better and you kill everything with one hit - thus, Unyielding doesn't provide reliable Endurance Charges anymore

Champion Up- and Downsides

Upside: Permanent Fortify

Downside: You have to prevent that your Totems hit (and thus Taunt) your Enemies before you. Otherwise you won't benefit from Worthy Foe and thus lose a lot of damage

Phanteons

Major God: Soul of Solaris
Minor God: Soul of Tukohama

Bandits: Help Alira

I still have to see when i find time for this. Have to much to do to invest that much time into it currently (never done videos before, so it will be quite a lot of work the first time)

[3.7] PoB: https://pastebin.com/9VUMeY20

How to switch Levelrange in PoB
Quick Start without PoB

League Start Leveling:

- keep your Swords as strong as possible (Dual Wield)
- get a 4l as soon as possible
- prefer Armour Base Items over Evasion and Energy Shield
- try to cap your resists as good as possible

Recommended Items for League Start:
Spoiler
Swords:
Rare Sword - Important: Adjust the search as u need it to fit your Level, Dex, Str and Int. I recommend to use it below level 47 when you get unlucky with good Rare Sword drops. In this case just buy a good one for 1 Alchemy Orb.
Innsbury Edge [lvl 47], Scavea [lvl 60] - i always buy these on League Start for 1-3 Alch and just sell them again when i don't need them anymore.
[3.7] They either reduced the drop chance of this unique Swords by alot, or just an crazy amount of people use them currently. As long as they are not available for cheap - just use good rare weapons.

Armour:
Look on which Item Slot you can get a cheap 4l for your Level. Don't forget to fill in your Level in the Requirements Section.
4l Helmet - 4 red Sockets
4l Gloves - 4 red Sockets
4l Body Armour - 4 red Sockets
5l Body Armour - 5 red Sockets

Recommended Items when not your League Starter:
Spoiler
Helmet: Goldrim - switch for a Rare when you get a better one
Body Armour: Tabula Rasa - you can keep it till Maps
Gloves: Lochtonial Caress - good till Maps
Boots: Wanderlust - switch as soon as possible for rare ones with Life + Movement Speed
Amulet: Sacrificial Heart - great till Maps

Recommended Gems for Leveling:

Smite [lvl 1] + Ancestrall Call [lvl 4] + Added Fire Damage [lvl 8] + Melee Physical Damage [lvl 18] + Elemental Damage with Attacks [lvl 18] (when 5l)

Dash [lvl 4]
Blood and Sand [lvl 4]
Steelskin [lvl 4]
Leap Slam [lvl 10] + Faster Attack [lvl 18]
Herald of Purity [lvl 16]
Ice Golem [lvl 34]

As soon as you get Tectonic Slam (Act 3):
Tectonic Slam [lvl 28] + Melee Physical Damage [lvl 18] + Elemental Damage with Attacks [lvl 18] + Fortify [lvl 31] + Pulverise [lvl 31]

Alternatives:

Molten Strike [lvl 1] instead of Smite

I personally always liked leveling with Smite, but in 3.7 a lot of Melee Skills should feel good for leveling.

Gear Setup and PoB Settings Explanation

I tried to balance the different Setups as good and as reasonable as possible. Feel free to skip upgrade steps (i did the same) when you have the currency or just found a good offer thats to good to skip. On each gear Setup i will mark the most important upgrades (Trade Links) you should do probably first.

To keep the Gear Setups as comparable as possible, each PoB is calculated as poe.ninja calculates Shaper DPS. Furthermore each PoB has lvl 95 as reference. I know it's unlikely to get to lvl 95 with T5 Gear, but as i said, to show the difference between the gear the lvl has to be the same. For the same reason each Setup uses the same Flasks. But don't just copy the Flask setup shown in PoB without knowing the downsides of this flask Setup. Look at the Flask Section to see what you should use!

With this said, be aware that any level difference has a hugh impact on either Life or Damage (or both). To illustrate this with my current Gear:

lvl 80: 13,3 Million Shaper DPS
lvl 100: 23,1 Million Shaper DPS

So always keep this in mind and try to level up as far as possible. Level 95 should be pretty easy optainable.

Important:
- I personally do not recommend Abyssus, it leads to often to one shoot deads
- I also don't like Blood Rage because of the Degen (that's also the reason i won't ever use Oni-Goroshi - the Degen is even bigger). When you get hit by something that nearly kills you, it's often a question of how fast you can heal up again that decides wheter you will die or live. Every degen will delay the time you need to heal up by alot.
- I also do not recommend the "Elemental Focus Gem" for mapping. We do cold Damage, thus we shatter our Enemies as long as we don't use this gem. Therefore we can avoid on death effects like the spikes from porcupines.

I use the above mentioned with my T0 Gear Setup for the maximum possible damage. Don't get confused about that and don't take this as a template for your character. Unless you are really be aware what you are willing in - dying regularly.

PoB Link with T1 Gear Setup as reference - including all Gear from T5 to T0

[3.7] PoB: https://pastebin.com/zmDL9Cbf [New]

Use this Link to compare Items for yourself to get a feeling about how you can improve your damage.

How to switch Tree's and Gear Setups

Always change the Tree according to the Item Set Gear Setup. The Jewels are bound to the used Tree, not the Item Set. So you always have to change the Tree too (although the T3 to T0 Tree's are the same - the Jewels aren't, so you still have to switch). If you don't use Tombfists, you have to uncheck Intimitaded in Configuration.

Gear T5 - 15c - starting Maps
[3.6] - [lvl 80] 460k Shaper DPS - PoB: https://pastebin.com/CPB4xpae
[3.6] - [lvl 95] 670k Shaper DPS - PoB: https://pastebin.com/X6YwnuNL

Gear T4 - 2ex - Yellow to Red Maps
[3.6] - [lvl 95] 1,7 Million Shaper DPS - PoB: https://pastebin.com/AHZjawdr

Gear T3 - 10ex - Red Maps to Endgame
[3.6] - [lvl 95] 3,7 Million Shaper DPS - PoB: https://pastebin.com/sAemK4E2

Gear T2 - 25ex - Endgame Setup
[3.6] - [lvl 95] 6,1 Million Shaper DPS - PoB: https://pastebin.com/E3Cu0cnK

Trade Links:

Gear T1 - 40ex - luxury Endgame Setup
[3.6] - [lvl 95] 8,7 Million Shaper DPS - PoB: https://pastebin.com/zmamUzjs
[3.6] - [lvl 95] 14.8 Million Shaper DPS - PoB: https://pastebin.com/FVdvA9Gz
(with Abyssus, Blood Rage, Elemental Focus)

Trade Links:

Sword 4-8ex - same as T2 Gear
Body Armour 10-20ex
Helmet 1-3ex - same as T2 Gear
Boots 10-30ex
Gloves 1-2ex - same as T2 Gear
Belt 2-6ex
Jewels 10-40c - same as T3 Gear
Jewel Corrupted Blood 50c-2ex same as T3 Gear
Abyss Jewel 20c-1ex - same as T3 Gear
Amulet 10-20ex
Rings 7-10ex

Gear T0 - Just expensive - just for fun Setup
[3.6] - [lvl 95] 12,5 Million Shaper DPS - PoB: https://pastebin.com/1w3NyNPk
[3.6] - [lvl 97] 22.1 Million Shaper DPS - PoB: https://pastebin.com/rbCwnAHS
(with Abyssus, Blood Rage, Elemental Focus, Wise Oak)

Trade Links:

Sword - 1 Mirror
Body Armour 10-20ex - same as T1 Gear
Helmet 10-20ex
Boots 10-30ex - same as T1 Gear
Gloves 20-150ex
Belt 2-6ex - same as T1 Gear
Jewel 10-30ex - max damage
Jewel 1-5ex - with resistance
Jewel Corrupted Blood 50c-2ex same as T3 Gear
Abyss Jewel 20-100ex
Amulet 10-20ex - same as T1 Gear
Rings 7-10ex - same as T1 Gear
Last edited by Rake7 on Jul 31, 2019, 6:08:05 PM
Last bumped on Jun 22, 2020, 1:02:44 PM
Mana Sustain

Leveling:

- Use a Mana Flask
- Don't reserve to much mana. I personally only reserve 25-35% while leveling (for eg Herald of Purity + Blood and Sand)

Maps & Endgame:

If you want to run Hatred + Herald of Purity (or Ash) + Blood and Sand you will need at least an Enlighten [lvl 3]. An lvl 4 isn't that mandatory in the first place.

As long as you can't afford an Enlighten [lvl 3] either use only

[Hatred + Blood and Sand] or [Herald of Purity + Herald of Ash + Blood and Sand]

If you aren't able to sustain your mana through your leech, there are two ways to solve this issue.

1. Get -Mana on your Gear.
- Body Armour can have -15 Mana
- Rings and Amulets can be crafted with up to -9 Mana each (T1 craft pretty expensive, just take the T2 craft as long as your are not crafting your Endgame Rings)

2. Get better Mana Sustain with your Tree
- Righteous Decree reduces your Mana Costs and raises your Mana Pool which automatically improves your maximum Mana Leech (look at the Mana Leech/On Hit Rate in PoB.
- Mana Flows raises your Mana Pool and gives you also Int you will probably glad to have.

I do not recommend Spirit Void. It improves your Mana Leech as much as Righteous Decree and Mana Flows, but it don't have the other upsides like the increased Mana Pool (which results in more free unreserved Mana!).

Notice: You don't have to be able to leech as much Mana as you consume. If you calculate your Mana Consumption and for eg need 160 Mana/Second while you have a Mana Leech/On Hit Rate of 125 (+ 18 Mana Regen), that would mean that you still can Attack 9 Seconds without any break. That should barely be the case.

Usefull crafts

under construction

Weapons:
______T5__________T4_________T3____T2-T1____T0___
______1c__________1c_______50c-1ex__4-8ex__1 Mirror_

Detailed explanation of Weapon Choice. Escpecially extremly important for T2-T1 Foils!

T5: Scaeve for 1c - don't waste curreny on colouring. You won't use them long.
Price: 1c

T4: Ahns Might for 1c - you can invest some more chaos in better rolled ones if you want (pDPS rolls from 280-350). Especially if you want to skip the T3 Foils for around 1ex. They get used with a Pacifism Jewel for 1c. After switching to Foils - get rid of this Jewel!
Price: 1c

T3: Foils - ~350+ pDPS, 1.7+ aps, 6.0%+ crit
Thats the minimum to exceed the Ahn's Might. Main benefit from switching to Foils: faster playstyle, especially faster leap slam.
Price: 50c - 1ex

T2-T1: Foils - ~380+ pDPS, 1.7+ aps, 6.0%+ crit with either "hits can't be evaided" or "attacks with this weapon penetrates x% elemental resistances" for 4-8ex each
These weapons, when choosen proberly, are already incredible strong. Even a Mirror Weapon provides only 8% more Damage per weapon.
Price: 4-8ex

T0: Foils - 1 Mirror - neither resonable nor necessary in any way. But if you want the highest damage possible just for fun - go for it.
Price: 1 Mirror

Amulet:

___T5____T4_____T3_____T2_____T1-T0__
___1c____40c__50c-1ex_2-5ex___10-20ex__

Amulet Explanation

General Note: Amulets are damage wise twice as powerfull as Rings. To estimate their damage value is even more difficult than on rings, because their real value differ a lot more. To give you an idea how to value the damage mods on Amulets roughly here is an oversight for T1 Mods (checked in PoB with my Endgame Gear - can differ for your Equipment):

Prefix:
"Gain 16-20% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold/Fire/Lightning Damage": 1.0 (reference, because strongest damage stat)
"Damage Penetrates 8-10% Elemental Resistances": 0.80
"Adds 11-15 to 22-26 Physical Damage to Attacks": 0.50
"43-50% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills": 0.45

Suffix:
"+35-38% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier": 0.55
"+1 to Minimum Frenzy Charges": 0.45
"+1 to Minimum Power Charges": 0.25
"35-38% increased Global Critical Strike Chance": 0.25
"+321-400 to Accuracy Rating": 0.15
"23-26% increased Fire/Cold/Lightning Damage": 0.10

T5: Life + Resists + damage when possible for 1-2c

T4: Life + some good early damage Mods when available (added phys, elemental damage, crit multi ect.) - dropping resists already, unless you get them for free

T3: As many and as strong Damage Mods as possible. Dropping Life and Resists already, unless you get them for free.

T2: Just a stronger Version than the T3 Amulet you already got. At this stage it can already get quite hard to find good ones

T1-T0: The best Amulet you will probably get for a reasonable price will be as shown in the T1-T0 example. Look for 3 strong Preffix bases where you have a free suffix to craft "Prefixes cannot be changed" on it, then scour it and finish it with multimod + frenzy + power charge.

Crafting Service: *will add link in 3.7

Why don't you use...
under construction

Rings:

__T5_____T4______T3_____T2____T1-T0___
__1c_____10c___40c-1ex__1-2ex__7-10ex___

Ring Explanation

General Note: Rings are one of the most important parts of our Equipment to improve our damage. It is essential to get a feeling about what's a good damage ring for it's price and what is not.

To give you a first impression of how i roughly count damage stats on rings (comparing T1 rolls - compared in PoB for my gear - can vary for your gear):

Prefixes:
"Gain 10% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage": 1.0
"37-42% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills": 0.9
"Adds 6-9 to 13-15 Physical Damage to Attacks": 0.65
"Adds 25 to 45 Fire/Cold/Lightning Damage to Attack": 0.15
(never look/pay for the last stat for this build, it's to weak)

Suffixes:
"+1 to Minimum Frenzy Charges": 1.0
"31-35% increased Melee Damage": 0.8
"+1 to Minimum Power Charges": 0.65
"+17-20% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier": 0.65
"25% increased Global Critical Strike Chance": 0.45
"5-7% increased Attack Speed": 0.45
"+321-400 to Accuracy Rating": 0.35
"18-22% increased Fire/Cold/Lightning Damage": 0.15
(never look/pay for the last stat for this build, it's to weak)

Thus, a "Adds 3-4 to 6-7 Physical Damage to Attacks" T4 roll counts as 0.3 damage stat, a "+166-200 to Accuracy Rating" T4 roll as 0.2 and so on.

T5: Life + Resists + damage when possible for 1c

T4: Life + some Resists + as much and high damage stats as possible for around 10c.

T3: Life + some Resists + as much and high damage stats as possible for around 40c-1ex.

Personally, at this state of Equipment, i would already start to search for rings with as much damage as i can get for below 1ex. And even sacrifice Resists and Life for it. I will provide a search for this. But be sure you are really getting a great damage ring for its price when you sacrifice resists and life at this point of gearing. Something like this:

Additional Ring Search - idealy, look for a free prefix for a life craft.

T2: As much damage you can get with as much life you can get. You can skip this Equipment Upgrade when you already got a good T3 Ring. Or the market just don't offer affordable ones below 2ex.

T1-T0: The probably best Damage Ring you can get for a pretty affordable price of 7-10ex. I recommend to find a base with either:
"37-42% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills" or
"Gain 10% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage"
+ at least 60+ life
Regardless of other stats on that ring, you need one free suffix to craft "Prefixes cannot be changed" (2ex) on it. Scour it, craft Multplie Mods on it and finish it like shown in the Example. The crafting costs alone are 6ex + crafting fee. So don`t pay to much for the base.

Crafting Service: *will add link in 3.7

Why don't you use...
under construction

Jewels:

__T4____T3-T1____T2______T0___
__1c____10-40c_50c-2ex_10-30ex_

Abyss Jewels

__T3-T1____T0__
_20c-1ex_20-100ex

Jewel Explanation. Important! Additional Trade Links!

General Note: This is the part where you can easily spend 50 exalts for just nothing. Or spend normal amounts and only get 30% of the damage that would be possible. To illustrate this i'll show you some examples of good and bad Jewels.

Good 3 stat Jewels:

Bad 3 stat Jewels

When you compare them in PoB, you will see that the bad Jewels have way less damage. Thats just because the damage stats on them are either weaker themself or are to low rolled. For Tectonic Slam (and many other Melee Skills too) the strongest damage stats on Jewels are just high rolled Attack Speed and Critical Multiplier! I already considered this in my trade search. Good 4 stat Jewels like shown as T0 example are stupid expensive. And all you get in this case is a 3% Attack Speed roll. The same Jewel without it costs around 20c. So you pay 10-20ex just for 3% attack speed - not worth it in any way! There are even a lot of 4 stat Jewels for more than 20ex available that are way worse than good 3 stat jewels - so, be careful!

Below i will provide some additionall trade searches which will also include weaker damage stats. To compensate this they will be 4 stat Jewel searches. But don`t overpay on them only because they are 4 stat Jewels! Compare them to a good 3 stat Jewel in PoB before you buy them! (eg. life + at least 6% attack speed + at least 14% crit multi)

T4: To get full use out of the Ahn's Might Swords we use one Pacifism Jewel. Don't forget to switch it for a damage Jewel as soon as you switch to Rare Foils as Weapons!

T3: You can already get really good 3 Stat Jewels for around 20c. At this price range diviners orbs are not worth using. So, if possible buy already high rolled Jewels!
Standard Jewel Search - Life + two strong dmg Mods - look out for high rolled Jewels! Feel free to adjust the values of the search further to only find already high rolled Jewels.
Additional Jewel Search - Life + one strong dmg Mod + 2 weak Damage Mods - compare them in PoB to a good 3 Stat Jewel before you buy them! I set the maximum price to 60c. They can't justify a higher price with these stats! Don't be supriced to get no results. Use it as Active Search, there will be offers.
Additional Jewel Search - Life + two strong dmg Mods + 1 weak Damage Mod - compare them in PoB to a good 3 Stat Jewel before you buy them! I set the maximum price to 200c. They can't justify a higher price with these stats! Use it as Active Search, there will be offers.

Abyss Jewels: get one for your Belt. You don't need a Murderous one for your belt - these tend to be a lot more expensive.

T2: You know the situations where Bleeding is a lot stronger then normally and you barly have time to hit your anti bleeding flask? Thats what this Jewel is for. Use a corrupted Blood Jewel to be a lot safer against the stronger forms of Bleeding. Start with getting a cheap one with 1-2 usefull stats and look out for better once over time, because they tend to be pretty rare and pricy.

Abyss Jewels: get a Murderous Abyss Jewel for your Tombfists.

T0: Like already explained - even good 4 stat Jewels are hardly better than good 3 stat ones. So only buy them when you can get them cheap.

Abyss Jewels: Good 4 stat Jewels are hardly available. So buying good 3 Stat ones and exalt them will often be the only way to get them.

Body Armour:

_____T5____________T4___________T3___________T2_________T1-T0___
_____3c____________30c__________2ex_________4-10ex_______10-20ex__

Explanation of Armour Choice

T5: A 5l Body Armour on League Start should only be around 3c. Get an armour only base for easy colouring. If it's a white base use an Alchemy Orb on it and just keep it as it is.
Alternative: Rare 5l - 5 red sockets already coloured

T4: A 6l Body Armour should only be around 30c. Take an Armour only base for easy colouring again. If it's a white base use an Alchemy Orb on it and just keep it as it is.
Alternative: Tabula or Rare 6l - 5 red, 1 blue

T3: If you already got a decent T4 6l Armour you could keep it. But feel free to look for cheap upgrades (below 2ex). To get either damage stats or more life and resists.

T2: Here you take your first good Rare 6l. The most important stats are
- "Socketed Gems are supported by Level 1 Maim"
- "Attacks have +x% to Critical Strike Chance"
Look also for a decent life roll and when you can get "Socketed Attacks have -15 to total mana cost" - thats quality of life too.
Alternative: Loreweave - weaker compared to a good Rare Body Armour. But you can use it as long as you need till you get a good Rare one. Adjust the Loreweave stats as you like to get a cheap and good one.

T1-T0: A Rare 6l with
- "Socketed Gems are supported by Level 1 Maim"
- "Attacks have +x% to Critical Strike Chance" T1 roll
- "Socketed Attacks have -15 to total mana cost"
- high life
is the best you can get. Keep an eye open to get a good one for a reasonable price as soon as they available.

Why don't you use...
under construction

Boots:

_____T5____________T4__________T3___________T2__________T1-T0___
_____1c__________10-30c______50c-1ex________1-5ex_______10-30ex___

Boots Explanation

T5: Life + Resists + Movement Speed (when affordable)

T4: more Life + Resists + Movement Speed (when affordable)

T3: more Life + Resists + Movement Speed

T2: Thats the first time i would care about the "Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemey Elemental Resistances if you haven't killed recently" Enchant. You have three options to get this:
- Look for good ones with this Enchant for a few days via active search unless you get good ones for a reasonable price
- Just buy the cheapest ones you get with this enchant on an, ideally, Armour Base. Then fossil craft them with Pristine + Prismatic Fossils until you get something thats good enough.
- Buy good Boots without Enchant and farm the Enchant for yourself with a chance of 1.6% -> not recommended.

T1-T0: Onslaught Boots up the Damage quite alot. Getting them with the Enchant is even more difficult. Also probably only available this League.

General Note: Boots are one of the best item slots to get the resists we need. This changes as soon as you want to get the "Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemey Elemental Resistances if you haven't killed recently" Enchant. Good Boots with this Enchant are hard to get and it's only usefull for bosses without adds. So don't aim for that to soon. (or even never)

Regarding Movement Speed: You don't need it. But i would recommend it when you can afford it. Movement Speed raise the price of boots by a lot. But when you can afford it, buy boots with at least 20% MS. If you want to save currency, just uncheck the Movement Speed option in the tradesearch.

Why don't you use...
under construction

Belt:

_____T5____________T4__________T3___________T2__________T1-T0___
_____1c____________10c_______50c-1ex_______1-2ex_________2-6ex___

Alternative - more Damage, less resistances

_____T3___________T2_____
___50c-1ex_______1-2ex____

Belts Explanation

General Note: Belts and Boots are the best item slots to get missing resists. There are always a huge Amount of Belts and Boots available. So this item slots are the best to get what you need resists wise.

T5: Life + Resists

T4: Life + Resists + Damage

T3: switching to a Stygian Vise with either high life + high resits or high life, medicore resists and damage. But don't get to focused on the damage aspect of belts. Only get it as a bonus when your other gear easily covers your resists and you find a good stygian vise with damage!
Ps: don't focus on % increased Cold or Fire damage on Belts. We do Cold, Fire, Lightning and Chaos Damage. Thus a single Fire or Cold Damage Mod increases only a small portion of our total Damage. When you get it for free "by accident" it's fine. Apart from that, don't care about it.

T2: same as T3, just a little bit better if possible

T1-T0: as much life and damage as possible with as much resists as neeeded. An open Prefix for a additional useful stat you can craft on would be optimal

Helmets:

_____T5__________T4-T3________T2-T1_________T0_____
_____1c___________10c_________1-2ex_______10-20ex__*not recommended

Helmet Explanation

T5: Life + Resists on an Armour only Base for easier colouring

T4-T3: More Life + Resists on an Armour only Base for easier colouring

T2-T1: First Time we care about the Tectonic Slam Enchantment. You can go for it sooner if you get a cheap one. Armour Bases with Enchant usually go for around 1ex. Either fossil craft it or
[more info about fossil crafting ect.]

T0: Abyssus. NOT recommended! Its only for unreasonable high DPS with the big downside of beeing a glascanon. Not recommended in any way for normal mapping!

Why don't you use...
other unique helmets ect

Gloves:

_____T5____________T4__________T3__________T2-T1_________T0_____
_____1c____________1c__________20c__________1-2ex______20-150ex__

Gloves Explanation

T5: Rare one's with life and resists. When available for 1c inculde one damage stat. You could also start with oskarms too. But if it's your league starter you will get an easier and cheaper start with the possibility to get resists on gloves. Those resists don't have to be on other item slots.

T4: Oskarm are pretty great gloves. They provide a free curse. That free's the need of a Assassins Mark Curse Ring. Thats important! We want our Rings to be purley for damage! More about that in the Ring section

T3: Corrupted Oskarm gloves with either
- "8-10% increased Attack Speed"
- "Attacks have 0.5-0.8% to critical strike chance"
Take the gloves with the cheaper implicit. It's probably the Attack Speed one's by a large amount.

T2-T1: Still the best Gloves for our Build with an Elemental Weakness Corruption Implicit. Tombfist with one Abyssal Socket and this Corruption cost around 1-2ex midleague

T0: Tombfist with 1-2 Abyssal Socket and 1-2 Corruption implicits are incredible expensive. Just get whats available and you can afford.
A double Curse Corruption would be fantastic with an "You can apply an additional Curse" craft on your Body Armour. But i've never seen those gloves.

Why don't you use...
under construction

Before we get into flasks, i want to point out how crucial they are:

DPS with my Current Equip:

with flasks: 23,7 million Shaper DPS
without flasks: 9,35 million Shaper DPS

if you didn't where aware of this yet, i hope this shows clearly how important flasks are.

Thus, getting your flasks should be one of your highest priorities. I highly recommend to get them with your T4 Gear. In the first days of the league, the unique flasks tend to be more expensive. So, feel free to wait some days till they get cheaper. But as you have seen, their impact is huge. Don't wait to long.

Most recommended Flask Setup:

against tough bosses without any curses (neither map mods, nor boss curse mechanics) you can switch the Quicksilver Flask for a Taste of Hate:

Trade Links

Expensive Flask Setup with either Wise Oak or Bottled Faith:

Important: I wouldn't use this flask setup before your Gear is already around T1 state.
- Bottled Faith is, although it's a fantastic flask, very expensive (10ex+). You shouldn't spend 10ex for one flask before your other gear isn't at least at T1 Level.
- Wise Oak will probably need a lot of divine Orbs to tripple balance your Resists. Otherwise i would never use it for this Build. Another downside is - it lowers your willingness to upgrade your Gear when this leads to the need to balance your resists again. So, just skipp this flask till you are pretty sure you don't want to upgrade your gear anymore. I personally prefer Bottled Faith anyhow.
- don't drop the anti freeze on your Diamond Flask for increased crit untill you got "Cannot be Frozen" on your boots (Prefix - 1ex - probably crafting service needed)

Trade Links

Crafting Advice for your Utility and Life Flask

Especially on League Start you probably just want to craft your flasks yourself as cheap as possible. You want to get:

Life Flask: Bleeding Immunity (of Staunching - can be crafted by your Blood Altar) + Instant Heal (Bubbling or Seething) - thus, if you hit Bubbling or Seething as Prefix without an Suffix, you can finish your Flask by your Blood Altar

Diamond Flask & Quicksilver Flask: Curse Immunity or Freeze Immunity ("of Heat" or "of Warding" - can be crafted by your Blood Altar) + ideally Chemist's (reduced Charges used) as Prefix. But especially for League Start you can also keep every other usefull Prefix for the start and get perfect Flasks later.

3.7 Added quite a lot new Gems we can use. Thus there are now a lot more possibilitys for your possible 6-links. It will depend on your playstyle and the content you do which Gems will be the best for you.

Base:
Tectonic Slam + Fortify + Melee Physical + Elemental Damage with Attacks

My thoughts on the Gems which can complete the 6 link

Rage: Great Gem for Mapping when you are able to maintain your stacks most of the time. If you pick up a lot of Items or just don't like to feel the urge to play fast - skip this Gem, it's worthless if you don't maintain your Rage Stacks. If you decide to use Rage, use it together with Berserk which will provide a short but huge Bonus to Damage, Defense and Movement Speed.
Useless for Bossing where you aren't able to maintain a high Stack of Rage.

Pulverise: Good Gem to increase your Area from Tectonic Slam. It provides around 25% more Damage compared to [Increased Area of Effekt] but comes with a lesser Attack Speed and an lower Increased Area as long as you don't have other sources of increased Area. ("increased" = "more" as long as you only have one source of increased)

Increased Area of Effekt: Bigger AoE than Pulverise but no Damage gain unlike Pulverise. If you use Increased Area you want to switch to [Concentraded Effekt] for very tough Bosses (as soon as your Equip is good enough, you nearly won't ever feel the need of switching). Which comes with the downside of needing to switch gems but provides a lot more damage compared to Pulverise (25% vs. 57% more Damage)

Ruthless: Provides around 46% more Damage. I wouldn't suggest it for mapping, because the damage gets inconsistent with it (only each third hit does more damage) and i prefer to be able to estimate how many hits i need before i can move on. Only recommended for Bosses where we need more Hits anyway.

Close Combat: I still don't know yet how "proximity" scales. So i wouldn't suggest it for mapping. But the 59% more Damage while beeing close to the Enemy is huge. So it can be considered for bossing if you only want to farm bosses (because it's a green Gem, recolouring is needed).

Elemental Focus: Grants 48% more Damage but disables the possibility to shatter Enemies. So i wouldn't recommend it for mapping.

Multistrike: Multistrike provides 51% more Damage (calculation below). But this comes with a big downsides.

Without Multistrike (for Chieftain):
35% to create and use an Endurance for each use of Tectonic Slam - it equals out - that means each third hit will do 60% more Damage, that means around 20% more Damage in general. Additionally each additional source of Endurance Charges generation leads to a higher Endurance Charge stack for more defense and a stronger Immortal Call.

With Multistrike:
Multistrike generates 3 Hits. But these 3 Hits only counts as one "use" of Tectonic Slam. So we will have one chance of 35% to generate a Endurance Charge for 3 Hits, but each Single Hit will try to consume one. Thus, with Multistrike we can't maintain Endurance Charges anymore and will therefore lose Defense. Additionally, the Damage gets a lot more inconsistent. It will make a huge difference on which hit we will get the 60% more Damage from a charged Slam. Math below.

tldr: I don't recommend Multistrike. There are enough Gems we can use instead.

Calculation of Multistrike Damage because PoB probably shows it wrong currently
If i did the Math right (I lack knowledge regarding calculating this manually, i always relied on PoB for this), it provides 51% more Damage. PoB shows 2% more Damage, but that's very likely a bug. I've calculated: 0.7*1.44= 1.008 Base Damage. Thus, First Hit 1.008 Damage, Second 1.512, Third 2.016. 4,536/3 = 1,512
-> 51% more Damage

Regarding the Damage using Multistrike we don't consider the increased Attack Speed because it doesn't matter for this consideration:

The first hit of Multistrike has a Base Damage of 0.7 (30% less), the second of 1.05 (0.7*1.5), the third 1.4 (0.7*2). Thus it will matter a lot which hit gets the 60% more damage. And don't forget, you will only get one Charged Slam every 9. Attack with Multistrike.

Did i something wrong? Let me know!

With knowing the up and downsides you can now use every combination from the Gems mentioned above to complete your 6-link. Here are some possible Combinations

For Map Clear (AoE) + fast Playstyle
Rage + Increased Area of Effekt or Pulverise

Notice: Rage needs you to play fast so you don't lose stacks. Try if it fits your Playstyle. If you don't have Rage stacks, Rage provides no Damage. Use Rage together with Berserk for a huge but very short Damage, Defense and Movement Speed boost.
For increased AoE either use Pulverise or Increased Area of Effekt.

For Map Clear (Bigger AoE) + comfy Playstyle -> no Rage to care about
Pulverise + Increased Area of Effekt

Notice: If you loot a lot and generally just like to play slower skip Rage and just make your AoE even bigger.

For thougher Bosses where you are hardly able to gain Rage
Ruthless + Concentraded Effect

Notice: For bosses where you can't get and sustain enough Rage stacks and don't need the bigger AoE, this Setup grants more Damage. You could also use Close Combat instead of Concentraded Effect but that would mean you would have to recolour your Armour.

Helmet/Boots:
Hatred + Herald of Purity + Blood and Sand + Enlighten
4-link Aura Setup to maximise the use from Enlighten. As long as you don't have an Enlighten, just skip Herald of Purity. Use an lvl 3 Enlighten as soon as you can. lvl 4 Enlighten are very expensive, only buy them when your Gear is already at least T2. Still Mana Problems? Look at the Mana Sustain Section for additional Information.

Helmet/Boots:
Multiple Totems + Ancestral Protector + Ancestral Warchief + Blind
Totem Setup for the Buffs they provide and the additional defense from blinding the Enemies. Only meant to be used on tough bosses. Try to prevent to use them while in the fight. Cast them before you enter the boss fight. The Vaal Version from Ancestral Warchief is not longer needed because we lack Slots in our Skillbar.

Gloves:
Cast when Damage Taken + Wave of Conviction + Berserk
CWDT-Setup with Wave of Conviction for the Exposure Debuff. Just keep both at Level One. Berserk (lvl 20) if you use Rage. Berserk doesn't need to be linked to CWDT but it's no Problem when it is. CWDT at level 1 can't trigger an high Berserk Gem.

Weapon 1:
Leap Slam + Blood Magic + Faster Attacks
Movement Setup. You can use Whirling Blades instead of Leap Slam if you wish.

Weapon 2:
Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Summon Ice Golem
Immortal Call with Increased Duration as Defense Setup. You can also use [Molten Shell] (without increased Duration) instead. I recommend Immortal Call. Additionally Ice Golem for the Golem Buff. Ice Golem doesn't need to be linked with the Defense Setup. As long as you don't use any Curse (from your Gloves), you can for eg replace Wave of Conviction with Enfeeble for additional Defense if you feel the need to.

Alternatives: Some mentioned they use their Leap Slam Setup with Endurance Charge on Stun to keep their Endurance Charges up. That gives them the possibility to skip the Endurance Charge generation from Smashing Strikes (3 Points on the Tree) as long as they focus on Leap Slaming into Enemies. Because we lack Gem slots, especially when we get Tombfists, i've decided to go without this Gem. Decide for yourself if you want to focus on the Endurance Charge Generation with Leap Slam or just spend 3 Points for Smashing Strikes.

Example of how to set up your Skillbar

If you didn't knew it yet, you can put your Golem on your Movement Button. You can still move freely and cast your Golem by pushing SHIFT + Left Mouse Button.

Old 3.6 Trade Links and Information - outdated. I will provide updated Tradelinks as soon as i have time for it - can take a while, sorry!

Trade Links and Information
Leap Slam - Level and Quality don't matter - or Whirling Blades - Level doesn't matter
Blood Magic Support
Fortify Support
Faster Attacks Support

Helmet/Boots:

Vaal Ancestral Warchief - Quality doesn't matter
Ancestral Protector - Quality doesn't matter
Multiple Totems Support - most important Gem to get Quality - increases the placement speed of our totems - thats the time frame we are the most vulnerable
Blind Support - blinded enemies have 50% less chance to hit us

Gloves:

War Banner - to less mana left? don't use it unless you have at least an lvl 3 Enlighten
Summon Ice Golem

Weapon 1:

Hatred - Quality doesn't matter
Herald of Purity - Quality doesn't matter
Enlighten lvl 3 or Enlighten lvl 4 - both are pretty expensive at league start, don't care about them as long as they are expensive
Why don't you use...
Anger? Weaker compared to Hatred + we can shatter our Enemies thanks to hatred
Herald of Ash? in most cases weaker than Herald of Purity and the Minions from Herold of Purity regularly block Enemies and Projectiles
Weapon 2:

Cast when Damage Taken Support - [lvl 15] - Quality doesn't matter
Immortal Call - [lvl 16] - Quality doesn't matter
Wave of Conviction - [lvl 17] - Quality doesn't matter
Note: It's pretty hard to colour Foils (T3 Gear onwards) with 212 dex Requirement to 2R1B. Thus, use the crafting Bench option to directly colour to 2R1B. Thats about 10c for chromatics and the cheapest way as shown by the Vorici Chromatic Calculator

Buying Gems if not your League Starter

If it's not your League Starter and you want to buy already leveled Gems with quality, you can use the Trade Links i provided below. Their level will be set to 15 by default. The Quality to 9. Feel free to adjust these values according to what you want.
But don't overpay on Gems as long as your are low on currency. Just try to get as much Quality (and Levels) as possible for 1-5c. Furthermore i've only set Quality and Level values on Gems that profit from it.

Stats from Tree: 84 Int & 174 Dex
Requirements: 111 Int (Gem) & 212 Dex (Foils)

That leaves 27 Intelligence and 38 Dexterity we have to get either from the Tree or from Gear.

Gear
Items i recommend to get Intelligence or Dexterity with:

Amulet: Perfect would be a Intelligence and Dexterity Implicit
Helmet: A Strength Helmet Base (Armour) can only have Intelligence as Suffix
Boots: Depending on the Base - Intelligence and Dexterity is possible.
Jewels: Intelligence and Dexterity possible. The ideal solution would be to get a normal 3 stat Damage + Life Jewel that has Intelligence and/or Dexterity as fourth Stat.

Also possible:

Rings: Intelligence and Dexterity

Keep in mind that every free Suffix on your Items mean that you can Craft Intelligence and Dexterity on it. So it shouldn't be to hard to get the missing Stats.

Note: I would never choose worse Amulets or Rings only because they are lacking Int and Dex. Good Damage Amulets and Rings are to important and to rare for that. You can always get Intelligence and Dexterity on Items that are far less important like Helmet, Boots, and Belt (as craft only).

And always keep the possibility in mind to just take more Dexterity and Intelligence in your Tree. You can always change this later when you upgrade your gear and get the missing stats.

Tree
Last edited by Rake7 on Jul 31, 2019, 6:12:44 PM
Bro, YOU ARE A LEGEND. Man, that guide is awesome!

If all guides were like this one, there would be peace in the world XD!

GG man!
Well done my friend! Been waiting for this!
you are the best,
Your Brazil fam here !!
Thx Guys!

I've finished the Gem Section and almost finished the Flask Section. Only have to add some more Trade Links and the Crafting Advice for Flasks.
Nice job! I've spent a ton of time on various Tec builds and this is great to give me a whole lot of new things to try. I've relied on Abyssus way too much so it'll be nice to drop out of it and still have good dps.
Hope you like it! It's just about finding the right gear for a good price and it will work great.

I've finished the Flask Section and added a Leveling Section for now. I never really cared about "how to level". I just leveled as i've tried to explain in this section. Any Feedback is appreciated.

What i know till now for 3.7:

3.7 Todo List:
Additions
- Considering Steelskin and new Molten Shell (and other Guard Skills that might come) - it looks like we should sacrifice CWDT for it
- Build in Dash (new Movement Skill)
- Considering new Sword Support Gem (as soon as we know how it looks), probably instead of Ruthless

Cuts
- most likely removing Onslaught Boots
- Bottled Faith was shown in the Trailer. So maybe it will be still obtainable via Divination Cards.
Legendary guide.
Will try it at the new league start!
Wow very good guide, thank you so much

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info