Trade system

I played at the syndicate hideot, kill all enemies, when I recieved a trade request. So I am going back to my hideout, and we trade. Sell some loot, want to finished the job with the syndicate, and I recognized, that the buyer simply stolen my loot. And this wasnt the first time.

So, you plan to do something with this "great" trade and partying system?
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2019, 12:26:35 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
you can actually design your hideout so people can only access the stash and the waypoint.

highly recommended, especially if you wanna buy remnants of corruption or any breachstones.

i usually use elreon bookshelves for that.

also, it's not necessary to be in the same party as the trading partner, being in the same instance is enough to initiate a trade.

---

some games hold your hand and protect you from every mistake you can make, poe has never been such a game. call me ingame if you need help in a bandits fight and i will show you how.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Apr 26, 2019, 9:23:24 AM
"
vio wrote:
you can actually design your hideout so people can only access the stash and the waypoint.

highly recommended, especially if you wanna buy remnants of corruption or any breachstones.

also, it's not necessary to be in the same party as the trading partner, being in the same instance is enough to initiate a trade.

---

some games hold your hand and protect you from every mistake you can make, poe has never been such a game. call me ingame if you need help in a bandits fight and i will show you how.

Sure, because using that measure is the actual 'solution' for an exploit, which it is at the moment...

Proper implementation of a trade-system and it's solved, that issue doesn't have to be existing, a workaround by the players is secondary to a proper implementation.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
"
Kulze wrote:
"
vio wrote:

---

Sure, because using that measure is the actual 'solution' for an exploit, which it is at the moment...

Proper implementation of a trade-system and it's solved, that issue doesn't have to be existing, a workaround by the players is secondary to a proper implementation.

a proper game challenges the player with certain issues he has to overcome. this and decicions enforced on the player is what games are all about.

an "idiot proof game" is mostly for ... it's already in the name.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:

a proper game challenges the player with certain issues he has to overcome. this and decicions enforced on the player is what games are all about.

Yes, those challenges are usually intended via the mechanics inside the game. Hence overcoming a challenge in the direction of it's genre, or the goal of some content.

Not... trying to fix up stuff the devs have overlooked or were too lazy to implement.
By your logic ANY broken game is the hardest game available simply because it's... well... broken.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Professional traders use mule characters, sometimes coupled with automated scripts, welcome to Path of Economy !
"
vio wrote:
"
Kulze wrote:
"
vio wrote:

Thanks for the tips, but in my opinion, its not a challenge. U can see the game challenges by pressing H. But ok, I barricade my waypoint. The problem "solved". Whats up when I am die? Whats up if I want to go to for example Oriath? Every time I need to delete the barricade? The game is so complex (yes, your right, its not for idiots), so I cant believe, the developers cant find a better way to solve this problem.
"
vio wrote:
"
Kulze wrote:
"
vio wrote:

---

Today on defending the bad trade system because "getting scammed is only for idiots"

You can design a game where the difficulty isn't mainly in the phrase "people are assholes to each other"
"
j33bus wrote:

Today on defending the bad trade system because "getting scammed is only for idiots"

You can design a game where the difficulty isn't mainly in the phrase "people are assholes to each other"

But... but how would we then ever get to the level of RUST, or ARK then? They are such a good example of what happens when people are allowed to take over in an area where their choices have no consequences at all!

We should really have that, then people would only shit over each others head and try to scam left and right, wouldn't that be utopia?

Disclaimer:

If someone is unable to discern the sarcasm out of that then please... learn sarcasm.

To write normally though:

If players can screw others in a game which is not supposed to screw others: exploit/broken mechanic.
Those things need to be solved.
If I play a survival-game, sure, I will be surprised not to see dickheads there, after all people are supposed to behave like that there to a degree. But in an ARPG which is PvM based? No single option of scamming should exist, at all. Defending the lack of mechanics in this direction is just defending laziness of GGG in this regard.

Don't get me wrong, they build up a great game in general, nonetheless they need to step up their game and fix stuff finally, it's becoming overbearing.
Sorry but the current trading system works perfectly.
Your problem is with people and not with the trade itself.
So instead of trying to change the game you should change your hideout accordingly to avoid these sorts of problems.

For a last attempt you can always make your hideout completely private, meaning no one can access it and you can simply just deal in the other player's hideout or in a public act.

Also it's never hurt to communicate like a real human being and just tell to the other person that you are currently doing map/syndicate/delve/boss and you need a couple of minutes.

So many solutions that doesn't need to change the game..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info