Decay still eating items.

The decay is still eating items, like my elder haunted mansion. Just a heads up, with some video proof.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CleverTrappedMilkLitty
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2019, 11:09:07 AM
Hi!

You left your Elder Haunted Mansion map on the first stabiliser platform. The decay doesn't creep up all the way on any stabiliser platform, even the one you came from. Regrettably, that means it got left behind when the decay consumed the rest of the map.

Hope this helps.
"
Kyle_GGG wrote:
You left your Elder Haunted Mansion map on the first stabiliser platform. The decay doesn't creep up all the way on any stabiliser platform, even the one you came from. Regrettably, that means it got left behind when the decay consumed the rest of the map.

So you know why this bug is happening and you can fix it, right?
Sorry to say there's no bug here. Every stabiliser platform is a decay-free area. If the item isn't collected by the decay, it cannot be returned from the decay at the stabiliser.

If it didn't work this way, you wouldn't have any place to return to if you step too far into the blue stuff yourself!
"
Kyle_GGG wrote:
Sorry to say there's no bug here. Every stabiliser platform is a decay-free area. If the item isn't collected by the decay, it cannot be returned from the decay at the stabiliser.

If it didn't work this way, you wouldn't have any place to return to if you step too far into the blue stuff yourself!

I understand what's happening but is the reasoning for it sound?

You can ignore drops in decaying areas except for the ones you can't is an unpredictable mechanic. Why not move everything that dropped there?
"
Kyle_GGG wrote:

I understand what you are saying, and i agree that from technical point of view of current implementation this is not a bug but intended behavior.

But, from design point of view, loot in decay-related mechanics is following two main patterns:
1. In non-decaying areas, players supposed to handle loot the same way as they do it in maps - pick up loot where is was dropped by monsters.
2. In decaying areas, players are safe to ignore loot and focus on exploring the area, because all loot will be available for picking up at the checkpoint where player have finished exploring area.

Current implementation is breaking 2nd pattern because it is not safe to ignore loot anymore, because there are no guarantees than loot will be available at the checkpoint where player have finished exploring area.
it's not rocket science.

if something you want drops on a platform, pick it up.

drink less coffee, breathe deeply more often ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info