Extrem lag spikes ps4 pro

My experience on Xbox is that POE chokes on any Packet Loss - it should not be that way, but that is how it is on Xbox and more than likely on PS too.

My game also develops lag/stutter just about the time the daily Masters roll over (almost like the load jumps and the gateway cannot handle it ....) for maybe 3 hours.

So you might be able to narrow it down to network load by trying things out when your gateway is likely fairly quiet (probably not the first weekend after release). It's not a solution, but it might get you thinking about locking down your end of it (hard wire, check connections, replace suspect cable, etc etc).

Speaking from my own experience, the fact that your box works just fine with other games does not mean that POE will be happy on your box.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
So you suggest we should try to non fix our working hardware which works fine on all other stuff expect poe... This is just.. dump.. dont get me wrong ill appreciate your help and input but these problem is complete on ggg's end and with the Frankfurt Realm.
I am from Germany and play on the Moscow (RU) realm 95% of the league.
I have ZERO lags there.

But if I am on Frankfurt or London I have massiv lag spikes from 22:00 - 02:00 UTC time.

What you have to do to be on the Moscow realm is closing all portals in your hideout and log in and out until you are on Moscow realm again.
If portals are open, your hideout would be Moscow but your maps will be laggy Frankfurt/London.

But I have read somewhere in the forum that we can switch Gateways soon.
Its actually ridicoulus that this is since the end of last league and GGG has done nothing about it.

Frankfurt and London are unplayable.

I dont care what the reason is but since Moscow is fine then its a problem with the EU Server that GGG uses.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2453991

Its the same on PC btw.

A lot of people i know quit the league because of this.

All reports did not change anything. Its pretty obvious that their connection is bad cause the lags start at prime time and end when most stop playing.
"
LycanNaryko wrote:

Thats strange i am playing now on London (the first time) and no lag for 5 hours.
Last edited by Vitroxyn on Apr 1, 2019, 8:51:35 AM
"
Vitroxyn wrote:
"
LycanNaryko wrote:

Thats strange i am playing now on London (the first time) and no lag for 5 hours.

Just read the thread i posted - maybe you are lucky (or not from Germany).

And prime time wasnt in the last 5 Hours. I can play on London and Frankfurt until 3 or 4 o clock (sad that i normally not at home at this time) on weekdays and then it starts lagging like hell. Weekends are a disaster.

Then i need to relog until im on Moscow Server and suddenly it plays smooth with out a lag.

So its 100% a issue with the server host in EU. It is the only game that lags for me - i have 200Mbit wired connection with 0% packet loss. And a lot of my friends stopped playing because of this.

But they dont bother with reporting this cause they just dont play the game.
Last edited by LycanNaryko on Apr 1, 2019, 10:54:07 AM
"
LycanNaryko wrote:

Just read the thread i posted - maybe you are lucky (or not from Germany).

I read it, thanks for your mention.
I am from Germany and also affected by this lag.

Didn't know this was a common problem. Now i'm upset why they release a PS4 port of an unplayable game.
Ps4 slim, 200mb connection, wired and connected to the Washington server from eastern Canada & i'm getting bad lag ever since launch
Have the same issue. Started today. Was fine yesterday. Game is unplayable now. Playing on ps4 500gb, London server.
Why it takes so long time to fix these lags and spikes.
Thats annoying after i spend more than € 100 again...

PS4 Pro, based in Hamburg/Germany and tryd all servers already!

250 mbits with cable

Please fix it GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info