Synthesis Portal Bug (4,208,746,390)

Hey, just want to report a bug I just encountered since I can give a good description of what I did before it happened (situation could be reproducible, not sure). Anyhow, the bug was that when I ported back through one portal on a Memory Nexus node, using the return portal from the Nexus would take me to a different node where I had previously placed a portal. What happened was that I had placed a portal at the connector to a reward node before going in, then went in and completed the reward memory and let the blue warp me back to the start of it. After collapsing the memory, I opened a portal inside the decayed area, but then remembered I had some cleanup to do in the previous area so I went back. The area I went back to still had the portal I had made before, so I went through it to dump some stuff off before cleaning up. But then, when I returned through the portal, I was put back into the decayed reward memory rather than the node before it where I had actually ported from. Since both nodes still had active instances I was able to walk back, and going through the portal again had the same behaviour.

Seems like it could be related to the checkpoint using the last stabiliser you interacted with, as the last one I had touched was the one in the decayed memory, even though I was returning through a different portal. Not sure if or how this might be related to the other issue where sometimes the game no longer lets you make portals back to the Nexus, and though I get that one fairly often, I haven't figured out what behaviour seems to be causing it. Anyhow, below are some screenshots showing how this particular bug seemed to work.

This was the portal I placed in a regular memory before going into the reward node that was above it. It's also the portal I returned to the Nexus from.

So I'd go through and it'd drop me off at the Nexus--nothing wrong here.

But when I went back in the portal, it brought me to the decayed memory instead of to the portal I'd returned from.

I could still walk from the decayed memory back to the previous area (though the other way was closed off) and repeat the bug if I went back through the portal there.

Hope this can be of some help fixing up the remaining bugs with Synthesis portals!

As a side note, is it a bug that sometimes the decay in Memories placed in the Nexus will IMMEDIATELY start decaying on a side that has an exit? With ones in maps it seems the normal behaviour is to leave a route to each stabiliser (even if it's kind of roundabout) until the end of the decay, but I've noticed that in the Nexus, sometimes it'll decay right in front of one of the exits pretty much immediately. I've noticed this occasionally on open maps where I will go straight for the exit I want, getting there within 5 seconds, and finding that there is already a blue circle forming all the way around the stabiliser area. If I'm especially fast sometimes I can flame dash over the blue wall and make it to the stabiliser even despite this, but with more enclosed layouts it can be actually impossible to get to certain exits--the game will leave a path to one of them, but will block off another. Is it intended behaviour that sometimes it's impossible to reach one of the exits when a memory is decaying?
Last edited by dummyacct7 on Mar 20, 2019, 5:43:24 PM
Last bumped on Mar 20, 2019, 5:42:39 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info