Can we get a Dev Manifesto on why Energy Shield was buffed when it was 2x better than Life?

"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
Where is the love for EVA

evasion is amazing.

when you play it as an es based character that is xD

guys, how mnay times are we having these threads? They started coming up when shavs was added, and its been bouncing around why X defense is either shit or stupidly op ever since. The balance was shit then, its shit now, it may have drifted through balanced on its way from one shitshow to a different shitshow at a few points.

they openly admit they dont give a fuck, theyre not even trying to make it balanced, theyre happy for this aspect of the game to be a complete catastrophe under the banner of "lazy game balance and implementation is good because it keeps the meta shifting". Thats it, wipe hands, walk away from any responsibility to offer people meaningful choices through careful attention to detail in the development process: different is good therefor throw a turd at wall A today and throw a bigger turd at wall B tomorrow is all we need to do.

and theyve been doing it for 5 years.

we were wasting our time debating this shit 2 years ago, that hasnt changed either. Theres far more worth while things intelligent, thoughtful people can spend their time doing than caring about it, GGG certainly dont care.
That has always been a puzzle to me. The act of balancing the different aspects of the game with each other has always been a fairly simple task. It's simple for every game honestly, especially when tons of people are playing the game. You stack up the metrics on effectiveness of the various things, compare them and make adjustments based on those.

Why this is so difficult for game companies I really have no idea. It's such a minor amount of effort for such a large gain (having a game that allows people to actually play more than one thing). I can't imagine what the logic is in not even making an effortless brainless attempt to just modify the numbers once a month or so (based on GOOD metrics, obviously).
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Mar 19, 2019, 9:49:08 PM
I thought ES was in a pretty solid spot, people just over reacted to the nerfs and stopped playing it as much. Now we are back and in some cases stronger then it's ever been outside of changes to Vaal Pact.

I wouldn't really mind it so much if life based builds had more interesting ways to roll life gear. I think it's great for the game when people engage in crafting and get excited when they roll a triple energy shield roll with tier 1 mods or w/e. Most life gear, you roll a high life mod on it and.. that's pretty much it.

Uniques with energy shield on it at the very least have energy shield on it so it's not as useless as a unique with no life on it.

The more I think about all this more I believe they are not going to be able to deliver a solid rebalance to the bottom side of the tree/melee/attack builds coming up.
"
e1337donkey wrote:
I thought ES was in a pretty solid spot, people just over reacted to the nerfs and stopped playing it as much. Now we are back and in some cases stronger then it's ever been outside of changes to Vaal Pact.

I wouldn't really mind it so much if life based builds had more interesting ways to roll life gear. I think it's great for the game when people engage in crafting and get excited when they roll a triple energy shield roll with tier 1 mods or w/e. Most life gear, you roll a high life mod on it and.. that's pretty much it.

That change to vaal pact was way more ugly for ES than for life based builds. And that crafting thing is wrong too because as a life based char you have options besides one liferoll too (hybrid or shaper/elder mods for example). And the one thing people always forget is that ES does not have a flask. when my 13k life based rf char is down to 1 hp I pop this flask and tada full again and can even do it 2 times in a row when needed, as an ES based char that is down to 1 ES... sorry you are fucked.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
People complaining that hybrid is too good now? Wuuut

I don't know, I'm just pointing out when nonsense is grossly being thrown in as "arguments".

"
e1337donkey wrote:

It was, and occultist was in a really good spot too (not the new chaos/cold nodes, curse+ES is where it's at imo), there really was not a need to add those things, the ES leech addition is just mind-blowing, it's so stupid I don't get how they can be talking about balance while doing that kind of crap ...

So yeah, Trickster got a buff, but Occultist is just .... well, stronger than ever I guess ?
I'm not sure about Occultist using the leech gem though, as it already has too much sustain, it can fully use 1k ES Regalias though ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Mar 20, 2019, 8:15:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info