Map: Drop Rate

4 runs in a row no map dropped.. What's wrong?

This is slowly killing the league for me.
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2019, 6:53:24 AM
What's wrong? They don't teach enough statistics in elementary school.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
What's wrong? They don't teach enough statistics in elementary school.

I work as a quant is a major financial institution and I studied statistics seriously, probably better than 99.9% of people on this forum. I can assure you if you see more than 5 people just jump out on the forum saying they get no maps, it’s not bad luck. Yes there is no map drop. The hot fix did not work. You are more than welcome to discuss rigorous statistics with me and we can start parameterizing this shit out, but face the reality, he was right, and we need people like him to speak out to form a basic sample pool.
"
esthas wrote:
4 runs in a row no map dropped.. What's wrong?

Sample size.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
You couldn't just post in the other whine threads about map drops?
"
colossalaiur wrote:
if you see more than 5 people just jump out on the forum saying they get no maps, it’s not bad luck.

For sure, it's not bad luck. It is "drama hamster" syndrome. You probably have seen Labyrinth drama thread - which is filling up mostly by trolls, noobs and idiots - it has nothing to do with Labyrinth itself, just some people need daily portion of drama.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on Mar 18, 2019, 5:23:59 PM
You are encouraged to buy maps off trade, it’s a design fundamental. Unfortunately, trading this league seems to be a dead end. Circular dependency, well done GGG!
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
"
colossalaiur wrote:
if you see more than 5 people just jump out on the forum saying they get no maps, it’s not bad luck.

For sure, it's not bad luck. It is "drama hamster" syndrome. You probably have seen Labyrinth drama thread - which is filling up mostly by trolls, noobs and idiots - it has nothing to do with Labyrinth itself, just some people need daily portion of drama.

Ok I stop you right there. Lets say If on avg a person runs 6 red tier maps, alch and vaal and go. If i see none of them getting any map of same tier drop, do you know what probablity does that represent? If you cannot answer this question with a basic statistical model with some simplified assumptions, you are talking to the wrong person about the wrong thing. Because you have no fucking clue what I mean and you are just exposing your ignorance here.

I say this because i am one of these samples too. Since Thursday I have had very bad map drop rates, and it gets even worse in the weekends. I now fully believe that GGG can change these drop rates on the fly without telling anyone, so what i observe on Sunday can totally be what the drop rates are on that day because i dont know wtf GGG is doing on Saturday. Therefore, if i see 5-6 people observing similar things as i do in a 1-day period, which is after the “hotfix”, that is the drop rate of that day, and the rate is very , very low. Yes it could be normal as before, aka unlucky, but the chance is like 0.1% or even lower. So based on some basic rejection principle, no, maps do not drop like what it is supposed to be.

"
You are encouraged to buy maps off trade, it’s a design fundamental. Unfortunately, trading this league seems to be a dead end. Circular dependency, well done GGG!

If nobody is getting maps where would you buy them from? GGG printing maps and sending them to bots? You wont even be able to buy maps eventually. You can buy maps because people get extra.
devs mentality nowadays: how can we make the game fun/lucrative? Easy, worsening the drop of everything to let them stuck for months farming, trying to get what they need, i'm sure this will work!
Last edited by trezorzetto on Mar 18, 2019, 5:49:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info