Do you care about Standard "league" Players?

(I do have a question I'd like answered at the bottom.)

Hey GGG,

My PoE time is around 90% standard "league" and 10% new league each expansion (spread between PC and console). I would guess that Standard is not where most of the money and exciting #s come from, but I felt really ignored last league and this league.

3.5 revamped crafting. In the process they gave Jun some of the basic crafting recipes (i.e. +1 to zombies). In 3.5 everything Jun had wasn't available to standard players. That sucked. To know that GGG knew only league players would have those crafts, and that Standard players would be without them for 3 months was a kick in the face. I'm not talking the special league crafts from the Syndicate, but the very basic crafting recipes that we used to have. "We can take that away from Standard players for 3 months...or play league."

3.5 also had the bug where the map stash tab couldn't hold more than one league of maps. So standard players (the players that would typically have the largest accumulation of maps) had to unload their ENTIRE map tab of EVERY map (where do you put a 1000+ maps without spending money?) if they wanted to start putting the newest expansion's maps in their map tab. I heard Chris Wilson on his latest Baeclast interview prior to 3.6 being released say that the map tab will likely not be fixed this league and that revamping each league will likely be a normal thing now. Talk about another kick in the face. "We know the map tab can't handle a rearranged Atlas, but we're going to rearrange the atlas frequently now anyway."

(I remember when console was first released we were waiting for the Map tab to come out. There was lots of patience/impatience waiting for it's release and we were told that the one person that created the tab was on a well deserved holiday and needed to return before they could continue working on the tab for console. Hopefully more than one person knows how to work on the map tab now.)

I know the map tab issue is for both console and PC, but I'm primarily a console player so I posted this here.

With that being said, my question is this:

Is their any news on when the map tab will be fixed/accommodate standard play?

I really want to be excited for expansions but it's getting to the point where it's a lot of work to simply be a Standard only player.

I absolutely love Path of Exile. It's literally the only game I play. But as a standard player I have felt tossed aside.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2019, 12:20:51 AM
They don't give a shit about their playerbase period, the map tab is completely fucked for standard players and their solution was telling people to buy another tab which is essentially rewarding them with more money for being colossal fuckups. You people will continue to throw money at them so why would they bother to change?
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
Your asking for league specific things(crafting mods) in Standard? So play the league or wait three months and quit complaining. It wouldn't feel like a kick in the face if you actually paid attention to how the devs have handled things like this in the past. They are going to cater to their largest playerbase aka league players, and if you don't want to play league, and don't want to wait three months then that is entirely your own little problem. So own it and stop blaming other people because you think something isn't fair.

Also the map tab isn't bugged. It is only designed to handle one leagues worth of maps. Sell all your maps over to the current versions and clear out your tab if you really play that much Standard, this isn't that hard. I play league and standard and I do it every roll over and you don't see me crying to some of the most dedicated game developers in the industry about it.

Also they definitely never told anyone to buy a new map tab, nice try @Slizzered.
Last edited by CopetheXVIth on Mar 18, 2019, 6:46:19 PM
^Yet another one of their mindless sycophants doing their best attempt at damage control by posting complete bullshit.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
Last edited by Slizzered on Mar 18, 2019, 6:49:46 PM
yeah because calling you a cry baby is doing damage control lmfao whaaaaaah
@Slizzered - We both know GGG cares. And they work hard. When you have so much going on with so many big releases, certain aspects of the game are going to be prioritized over another. They are very good listeners and have hard decisions to make each league. I also get where you're coming from :-).

@CopetheXVIth - A lot of your statements don't really seem like you read my post, but I appreciate you standing by the devs. I greatly appreciate what they do. My comments were just putting a voice to a personal preference, knowing that GGG listens and tries to make their choices fairly. I simply gave two examples of how Standard was not highly considered the last two leagues. Wilson confirmed it in his last interview I saw. Just FYI though, Standard isn't the fix for League...and League isn't the fix for Standard. The whole point of playing standard is so that I don't have to play league. Also, if the map tab is going to be Standard mode, it should be able to handle Standard mode.

I'm just hoping for a response from GGG to my question. A hopeful confirmation that the map tab has a fix in the future.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
CopetheXVIth wrote:
Your asking for league specific things(crafting mods) in Standard? So play the league or wait three months and quit complaining. It wouldn't feel like a kick in the face if you actually paid attention to how the devs have handled things like this in the past. They are going to cater to their largest playerbase aka league players, and if you don't want to play league, and don't want to wait three months then that is entirely your own little problem. So own it and stop blaming other people because you think something isn't fair.

I believe that OP's point was that +1 Zombies was available to all before 3.5 but during 3.5, it got dropped while +1 Zombies&Skeletons got added as a veiled mod. If you see the two as unrelated, then you have no cause for unhappiness. But if you do see them as related, then it seems that Standard lost something for 3 months. Regardless, it does not seem to be quite a case of whining about new League stuff not being available to Standard for 3 months.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
"

I believe that OP's point was that +1 Zombies was available to all before 3.5 but during 3.5, it got dropped while +1 Zombies&Skeletons got added as a veiled mod. If you see the two as unrelated, then you have no cause for unhappiness. But if you do see them as related, then it seems that Standard lost something for 3 months. Regardless, it does not seem to be quite a case of whining about new League stuff not being available to Standard for 3 months.

You're wasting your time replying to someone who obviously has pisspoor reading comprehension since they couldn't even grasp what the TC stated even though it was plain as day, along with the fact their attempted insults that are on the level you'd expect a small child to make so they're obviously not the brightest bulb in the box which means they're not going to be able to grasp your post either.
Yeah.. At least for the map tab something has to be done, something has to be agreed on. Because the Atlas changing every league, it's a goddamn nightmare for standard players... like holy shit :S

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info