SSF Trials of Ascendancy RNG balancing

So I won't even talk about it all that much, just some threads with really amazing proposals that would really help out:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2169129
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2190441
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149217

Imho it's a vast disadvantage in SSF to be unlucky in finding the right trials. Thus not being able to grind through the game at some point as easy as the ones being lucky. Thus loosing interest and being frustrated with every trial you find not matching the one you are looking for. Can't be right.

Please look into that. The best proposal so far in my opinion is making it a Zana mod - which for example would cost an offering to the goddess.
Not much implementation effort required.

Last bumped on Mar 20, 2019, 9:43:39 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I don't think you should have to trade or group up to get your core character stats like ascendancy point. It should be just something that comes naturally from playing. I wish the devs would just remove the variance by only spawning trials you don't have until you complete them all.
"
I don't think you should have to trade or group up to get your core character stats like ascendancy point. It should be just something that comes naturally from playing. I wish the devs would just remove the variance by only spawning trials you don't have until you complete them all.

You're clearly missing the entire point of SSF. It's supposed to be unreasonably difficult and imbalanced and done only for bragging rights.
"

You're clearly missing the entire point of SSF. It's supposed to be unreasonably difficult and imbalanced and done only for bragging rights.

It is there to give the majority of players, who never trade and never group, a place to compete with each other. I repeat: right now, the majority of players is facing a unreasonable difficult and imbalanced game.
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
"

It is there to give the majority of players, who never trade and never group, a place to compete with each other. I repeat: right now, the majority of players is facing a unreasonable difficult and imbalanced game.

We aren't going to be able to discuss this at all if you don't stick to reality, and this is just not true. It's not arguably true, it's not subjectively true, it IS WRONG.

SC Trade league players outnumber SSF by about 5 to 1 at higher levels, the only thing we have statistics for - and because of a variety of reasons we know the real ratio is going to be even more skewed than that (SSF is designed for hardcore POE enthusiasts, new players have to unlock SSF, etc).
"

We aren't going to be able to discuss this at all if you don't stick to reality, and this is just not true. It's not arguably true, it's not subjectively true, it IS WRONG.

The reality is what GGG said before they introduced SSF: the majority of players never trades and never groups. whether they click the SSF button during character creation does not change this simple fact.(if you don't care about ladders, you will not click the button, yet not clicking the button does not mean you want to trade or party, very simple concept, isn't it?)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870/page/1
CTRL+F "never trade"

Last edited by UlfgardLeo on Mar 18, 2019, 2:31:06 PM
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
"

The reality is what GGG said before they introduced SSF: the majority of players never trades and never groups. whether they click the SSF button during character creation does not change this simple fact.(if you don't care about ladders, you will not click the button, yet not clicking the button does not mean you want to trade or party, very simple concept, isn't it?)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870/page/1
CTRL+F "never trade"

Right, but we're talking about the SSF league here, not players in trade league who run solo. OP's entire point was that SSF players should have an easier way to get their trials because they don't have the option of grouping.
"
"

Nope.

SSF is the legit game mode, as no third party items are available. Trials or maps to unlock shaper, need a reasonable appearance.
People should not be punished for playing legit.
"

Right, but we're talking about the SSF league here, not players in trade league who run solo. OP's entire point was that SSF players should have an easier way to get their trials because they don't have the option of grouping.

he never said that he wanted to have a change especially for SSF, but that he would like it changed because it is completely unreasonable in sSF because you have no way around this, while having no luck in non-SSF can alkways somehow be rectified. Of course having to ask for trials is unreasonable in any game mode.
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
"

he never said that he wanted to have a change especially for SSF, but that he would like it changed because it is completely unreasonable in sSF because you have no way around this, while having no luck in non-SSF can alkways somehow be rectified. Of course having to ask for trials is unreasonable in any game mode.

you are aware that zana map quests and the prophecy have a higher chance to spawn unsolved trials?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info