So, I just uninstalled PoE today.

"
Why would you uninstall, except for effect?

Just put it aside and come back next league.

[Removed by Support]

have you even read what he wrote?
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Mar 17, 2019, 10:15:21 PM
I agree with all 3 points. I started around 2013 and lately with the speed clearing focus I'm really starting to find the game pretty dull. I think the speed meta makes the game much less engaging to me. Sprinting around one shotting entire screens, sprinting through the entire game no need to stop or think. Synthesis just seems so uninteresting to me but I suppose I may finally after 1000 hours over many years be getting bored of the core game. I think I will sit 3.6 out and wait and see how the next league is.
"
Antigegner wrote:
"
Why would you uninstall, except for effect?

Just put it aside and come back next league.

[Removed by Support]

have you even read what he wrote?

Clearly not.
Highest Character: Level 92 86% Block/Static Strike Champion - Abyss League
I get bored of the grind around 90, probably won't ever get a higher character.
Solid post.

Point 1 was obvious the moment GGG removed reflect.
That was the basic turning point which enabled the meta we see in front of us now.

I remember the old days when you had to build block to 50% to survive that random reflect rare in a map, cap out evasion if you weren't RT or go invest in other layers of the defensive side of the game.

They bassicaly scraped 50% of the mechanics in their game when they made that move.
However "borring" reflect was, it had a function in the game which they have failed to re-introduce in any sensible way.
(offense vs defense check)

And as time passed on and they left this hole unchecked it became harder and harder to re-introduce this.

They made a blatant error when they removed reflect without an apropriate effective replacement for the function it occupied.

point 2 is a self induced wound.

They conditioned their players to expect a certain development cycle and now they fear revoking that standart.

Anybody remember when we had "everything moves 20% faster" league? Now theres the kind of league you can develop in 3 month cycles.

Point 3 is becomming increasingly obvious, but always has been.
I made countless post's about it when i first joined and got pretty much laughed at.

I can't even imagine how synthesis is supposed to work for somebody on four stash tabs, it's honestly impossible to enjoy this league in such a fashion.
Key part is the synthesised item hunt which suddenly makes every single item type andmodifier a form of currency requiring up to 6 stash spaces per currency.

Past league's didn't lock out people like this on such a grand scale.
They did, but to a lesser extend, now we are talking 50% of the league's pull.

Anyway, have a good one sir.

Your post's where always nice to read and i hope you make another community happy with your presence.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

to keep it short: i agree.

especially timers suck hard IMO.

yet i dont want to quit poe.

...dont want, but maybe i will have to soon.
because quality issues.
lower and lower fps from league to league.
and im currently not willing to invest the needed money to fix the next bottleneck in my system.

so, if the game one day doesnt work anymore, then it simply doesnt work...

when this day comes;
M&B:Bannerlord it is for me then....
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize
M&B, now there's a fun game, I too am hyped for Bannerlord. 2 people, a husband and wife team from Turkey, made a game that is enormous fun with 100s of thousands of players. Horse archery is a blast. I have maybe triple the hours in M&B than any other game, they know how to keep it simple and engaging. There's a lesson for other studios in this.
The ammount of monsters you mow in delve or incursion or synthesis is absurd...
Maps feel empty compared.

Too much cast speed, too much movment speed .... monsters die instantly.

I would really like a game where i see monsters and fight them - not just kill things 3 screens off.

We really need a slow down in the game. Something like:

Increase monster life by 500%.
Dimishing returns on attack, cast, move speed ...
Increase rewards by 10 times to make up for the "kill less, be slower meta".

After 7 years of playing this game i uninstalled as well. Good luck in the future
+100

I am not a hardcore player but I've been with PoE since beta and I do not like what GGG is doing to their game.

I am losing interest with every new league.
Incursion - 36
Delve - 17
Betrayal - 5
Synthesis - 3
Go fast or lose - is a bad concept. This league I reached only lv60 and I am completely bored and disappointed!
"
andreicde wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I agree with many of your complaints, and quitting is always an option.

If you find something that replaces PoE, come back and tell us about it.

Grim Dawn. They are also releasing a new DLC in 10 days. It will not be free like POE's league, but it will certainly be worth more than the MTX from POE.

GD is boring. Van Hellsing is much better but it is good only for one time play - after that it gets boring, like GD.

Warframe stopped supporting 32bit systems so i dropped off. Yes im still on 32bit os and i dont want to change it (have original Win7, installing 64 would require for piracy, dont want that; dont want win 10).

OP i agree with most of the points You made. I thought Incrusion was "high speed for amphetamyne mindset guys" but synthesis is much worst. I didnt enjoy Betrayal but managed to kill Catarina but i care less about Cavas due to decaying shit locations that are way to easy to screw up because of lack of ways to get to stabilisers and without any clue where they are (i mean i know they are on the endes but if you start wrong direction you probably wont make it to count). Also fractured items are just too much effort and too less droprate. I do them but i dont care for them.

Take care.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info