Looking for a PURE Summoner Templar build

I've yet to find a pure Templar summon build, is there a reason why?

Could anyone help me out if i'm overlooking something? I'm just rolling this Templar now.
stalin was okay.
i was looking for something similar as well. Although, i've been toying with the idea of splashing in some added fire/aoe for fireball and/or firestorm.

Any suggestions/builds/etc would be greatly appreciated!
"
adubs300 wrote:
i was looking for something similar as well. Although, i've been toying with the idea of splashing in some added fire/aoe for fireball and/or firestorm.

Any suggestions/builds/etc would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah, i'm considering doing the same thing, but the idea of a pure summon is neat, perhaps not as viable?
stalin was okay.
I'm working on a Templar summoner build. It's my first character and I went the route of fire elemental, however I found that picking up minion instability with curses is working out much better. Spell totem w/ skellies means that's the skeletons keep pumping out to provide walking bombs. I tried incinerate but auras are better suited for the minions. Now I'm spending respec points to get out of fire and into curses/ possible EB for auras.
There's no such thing as PURE summoner because even taking all the summoner nodes will leave you with plenty of points left over. Therefore all Summoner builds mix in curses, totems, and attacks as preferred.
this is exactly what im looking for aswell. im playing hardcore so defence is the first premise for me.
but however i try it i am not satisfied with the build.

if you check out this build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAP0CcQSzBVsI9A5cEHQQlxNbFE0UsBdQGYUabCSLJKon7SqYMYg26T0PRARFfkbXSOdMLU25TdhV1l3GYG1k52vbbRlzU3kDfLt9GIFvgh6DOIhAi4yMdo9GkDOboZ2Ana6ePKIApqynCKyYtQTB88T2zLzQ0NkL2wvd8-Fz42rkIuyK7SDwH_F289331_qA

it takes until mid of 60s to get Lord of the Dead.
from there it takes appr. further 10 levels/nodes to get the next +1 minion node.
until that point you only got two +1minion nodes, which leaves you kinda alone and with everything but an zombie army.
also you just picked up 2 HP node clusters which is not enough at all (and i chose templar in the first place to get more hp and res). also for the next 20 lvls it slows you down to invest in HP to get all minion nodes to the mid. if you made it to connect both sides through the mid u can respecc the nodes between EB and +1 spectre, thats nice, but you might be dead already.

the inefficiency of your summons til late 50s forces you to compensate with melee even in cruel which is kind of a bad deal.
Last edited by hollaq on Mar 12, 2013, 6:04:01 AM
Pick up necromantic aegis and minion instability. Then take all the addition minion nodes and all shield nodes. Finish up with a moderate mix of mana and health. I also took all the nodes for aoe size and power.

This is the build I use:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsM9xCXEQ8UTRVQFbgZhRoyGjgabB0UHpQfAiQlJKooxSj6KpgquisNMQEy0TWANsU26TdHOtg8BT1fRARFR0WdRnFI50w1TblPfVFgUlNakWBtYpVmnmqsa6xwfXi6eqp8u31TfuKAVoLHgziExIVghcWIQIi6iuSLjI9GkDOQVZMnlSCWMpeVl_Sa4Juhm-ydgJ2un3uf36IApqynCKeEqH2plarErD-vbLB3snC0DLaGuJO_l8WKyFvJPcy80NDT-9gk2Qva3dxX3QXd8-Nq44LmfOnV6-7sOO988B_yHvO-99f6gPrS

Basically with all the shield perks and necro aegis your minions will be really tanky and when they do eventually die they explode. And with all the additional minion perks you'll be constantly throwing skeletons and zombies at your opponents. I also try and keep ranged spectres up for additional kiting.
I suppose the reason that you don't see many pure summoner builds (besides the fact that people like to hit stuff) is just because its a really, really straightforward build. You just beeline for the minion nodes and take HP or SE nodes as needed along the way.

Other than that:

The specter node may seem a bad deal, but its probably the best minion node. Just 3 Flame Sentinel specters can do much more damage than the 14 skellies and 10 zombies combined. On an open map, your specters can just mow down any number and type of mobs extremely fast (though they will be a hassle to manage in maps with confined corridors and sharp turns).

Minion Instability is mostly great, it can really ramp up your DPS on hard encounters. It can also make it posible to win in very though fights, when you are facing mobs or a boss with crazy AOE DPS. The problem with it, is that it reduces the survivability of your specters, but its pretty much a must, unless you know you are only going to do only open maps (where specters can really shine).

Necromantic Aegis, I think, is only really useful for your specters (for both res and damage). Zombies and skellies are easily replaced (and with Minion Instability, you want them dying anyway). Still, it can be good, but mainly in open maps.

Curses are great, dual curses are awesome (and really close to your specter node). Dangerous mobs are turned into kittens with Enfeeble + Temporal chains. Most mobs will die pretty much instantly to your specters with elem weakness + Flamability. Also, you can use elemental equilibrium with a cheap AOE spell, as a free extra curse to get a total of about -150% resistance.

Totems are not so great though. They can be good for extra DPS early, when your DPS matters, but I can't find any use for them in the endgame. Skellie totems are not so great for pure summoners either. You loose a lot of damage from minion instability, plus some more from their regular attacks, you loose the ability to use skellies to quickly block ranged attacks and it can even hinder your ability to quicly fill a room. Also, you loose some of your single target damage. Skellies are a great way to take out supports like necros or totems (not only will your skellies immediately attack that enemy, but it will cause nearby minions to be more likely to attack that same target. (Of course, if you are playing hardcore, all that takes a back seat and skellie totems are a must for the added safety they provide).
Last edited by mentrial on May 9, 2013, 11:10:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info