New Idea for Dual Totems

I was thinking of making a dual totem templar with a twist. I am about to make a character to test this, but the theory is that using dominating blow, infernal blow, traps and totems would allow the player to amass an army of minions, hit for area damage and main with two powerful spell totems.

Links would look like this:
Spell Totem - Freezing Pulse - LMP - Faster Projectiles
Dominating Blow - Faster Attacks - Increased Duration - LGoH
Infernal Blow - Faster Attacks - Increased Area - LGoH
Bear Trap - Added Fire Damage
Purity, Discipline and Haste Auras
Enfeeble Curse

(Note: on 5L and 6L items, use spell totem with the additional support of added lightning or chaos.)

A build like this:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fNgbZ2AgzgUTe98BLOiAPAfgW8CcZ48TdiMdjrY7Dgt0ilPGjjkIoKbp4QabJBVna4ZhcAapwgkqlnz2CSPRjbprKpaKzbF0NDjaiftLKcfAs9l890ZLqPyBAdVxtlh1I9Ms5eVVw253S0fUlORzvIv7w5tGT1f51LB81RJgh5fP9sL9kiMz1BQWGPG2MT2PC3Grrc-eriuk26qPyfUFVwMJa-mVzrhiPH-CvJF52O77Q==

On gear I think I will want (in addition to HP and resists) spell damage, spell crit, max mana, mana regen, and physical damage.

My weapon of choice will be a dagger for the global crit and spell damage, and I will use a shield with as many defensive stats as possible to help at the start of an instance.

I will be trying this build out and will update with my progress/difficulties/changes.
I really doubt going into melee range just to get some hits with Infernal Blow off which don't even deal damage just to get the explosion damage is worth it.

Investing points into nodes directly supporting your FP totems instead of the AoE nodes would result in a much better overall DPS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info