System Spec problem Poe

I think my hopes of playing in the beta were smashed to bits...

Error:

"Ocean water cannot be rendered by your video card at this time, we will work on this at a later date"

-------
System specs

My System Specifications

Operating System:

Windows 2.5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3)
CPU Type:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000
CPU Speed:

2.02 GHz
System Memory:

2 GB
Video Card Model:

RADEON X800 PRO/GTO
Video Card Memory:

268 MB
Video Card Driver:

ati2dvag.dll
Desktop Resolution:

1024x768
Hard Disk Size:

111.78 GB
Hard Disk Free Space:

26.86 GB (24%)

My computer was a monster 10 years ago when I bought it new, still plays all mmo's to date...

I know my processor can handle the game, but as I feared my video card may not make it.

Ah well. Maybe this post will give others an Idea of system specs.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Can I have your beta account?
1/4 a gig of ram and windows 2.5? WOW!

When you say it still play's all MMO's - does that include AoC, etc?
Yeah I can Aion, rift, everything. Never had any graphics tearing...

My comp is tuned especially for video gaming, and that card was made back in the day top notch for video games. It scales currently with some of the cheaper uptodate video cards, and it's overclocked like crazy.

I can say that I had trouble playing Bioshock.. and another game come to think of it.. but thats not an mmo.

This comp has definately lasted the times. Haha, I have never really needed to upgrade until now it seems...

UNLESS... It's just an issue with rendering of my specific card.. That would be cool.

Anyway I can upgrade in a heart beat if I get a key, I just prefer "Bates" (what I call my junk box) haha He and I have had a hell of a run. He's a dinosaur like me.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Unfortunately your system is quite dated overall.

However, a cheap GPU should allow you to play POE.

Here are some good cards on the cheap.

ATI

Nvidia
IGN: Cadmus / Valgar
Windows and GPU should just be updated. There is only so many years you can run a GPU before it gets outdated lol. I usually update mine every other year sometines annually depending if i get a good deal on a new GPU
One would presume that he is running Windows XP and that the 1/4 gig of ram is his video card memory.

Bad luck though OP :(

(Like others have said though your system is dated, it was bound to not be able to run a certain game sooner or later.)
I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Last edited by Gien on Aug 13, 2011, 10:20:11 PM
That's definatley an option. I appreciate the link, nice card for the money. Can my motherboard support a card like that tho?

I'm not very good with matching parts, I used to have a friend build all my stuff but he's moved away.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
It may be a shader model issue, in which case you definitely need an upgrade. Does that thing even have shader model 3? I'm surprised you've been able to play more recent games on it.
Forum Sheriff
"
Gien wrote:
One would presume that he is running Windows XP and that the 1/4 gig of ram is his video card memory.

yes, i was referring to his vram when I said that and I was trying to be sarcastic about the windows thing because I am pretty sure windows 2 couldnt run my current calculator software. =-)

Last edited by BINARYGOD on Aug 13, 2011, 10:24:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info