So.. How long untill OpenBeta :D?

I guess i will never get randomed so i just need to know how long is the cloesed beta estimated to be.
My best estimate would be a "Blizzard" Soon
9000 years, then the world will plunge into chaos and i will rise to the top as the ruler. Then i will make it so it will be open beta.
On a serious note: Open beta is estimated to start in December or January.
and by that time D3 will be out, and the majority will forget about PoE... even though D3 is most likely going to suck and PoE is awesome :) No matter how good of an arpg a game is, nothing will ever be able to compete with the grandfather that is Diablo.
Well, Blizzard has a much larger staff and far more money to work on their games. I have no doubt Diablo 3 will kick major ass and completely overshadow PoE.

I'm already disappointed in the way they're currently handling the beta process. Having a time ticker? *facepalm*
Just give out 96 keys every 24 hours instead of 2 every 30 minutes.
from in game yesterday if I recall right, open beta isn't for several months.
Why are you even discussing about Diablo 3, its Blizzard vs GGG not PoE vs D3 so wutev... Blizz has alot of advertisment power :(
Last edited by crnakuga on Aug 14, 2011, 9:13:06 AM
Since its closed beta now for a while I'm afraid you have to wait some more months for a open beta!
"
Deusincendia wrote:
My best estimate would be a "Blizzard" Soon

Actually, while GGG does seem to be taking the time to get it right (hosting a true beta), they're not exactly in the position (Blizzard has a multi-billion dollar conglomerate backing them for example) to keep delaying production for years and years.

It could be that this game is in beta awhile longer than most since they've yet to do all the polishing and are currently focusing on basic game play, but I doubt they'll prolong release any longer than it takes to fill out the content; I'd say early next year at the latest.

They're not gonna be like, oh this off-the-wall feature would be a great addition, yet very difficult and time consuming to implement so let's delay release of the base game for it. They've already stated they plan for free expansions if extra features (other than those listed on this website) come about.

As for the initial question, I'd wager for an Open Beta by the end of the year--maybe sooner if things run smoothly in closed. Gotta keep in mind though that they're a small company with limited funding and they'll want to ease into allowing an insurmountable amount of players.

I don't even think GGG knows just yet of an exact date (maybe a rough estimate, such as Q4), but last I'd heard Chris said everything was right on schedule and their initial plans were to release this year.

Take that as you will.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
--Martin Luther King, Jr.
Last edited by Madav on Aug 13, 2011, 10:30:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info