expiration beta keys

would there be a simple way to set up a time constraint for people to claim beta keys(like all released keys not claimed within a certain limit will be wiped and a new batch released for the next group). that way there won't be more rage about inactive members and devs can have a more accurate grasp on the potential amount of players that will be in-game.

ps. sry if this idea has already been posted the search feature is kind of difficult to sift through.
Last edited by juicytarball on Aug 13, 2011, 6:22:31 PM
Don't worry I want a key too :)
-Intel Core i5 2500K
-ASUS Sabertooth P67
-MSI GeForce GTX 460 Fermi Cyclone OC 725MHZ 768MB x2
-Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K2 4X2GB
-Kingston SSDNow V100 Series 64GB
-Antec Earthwatts 750W
Considering that they had to increase the timer to slow down beta invites, I don't think it's an issue at all. If all those inactive people would claim their key and start playing, then they'd just have to slow the timer down even more. If they need more people, then I'm sure they'd decrease the timer. No worries :)
I don't think this would be fair, because atm everyone wants to get in the beta asap. It would be more whining ("Why didn't I get in that group..."). The invitation system is fine, as it is now. Of course, invitations could be sent a bit faster, but afaik the devs don't have enough bandwidth at the moment.
I think though, that beta keys should expire after ~3 weeks and the timer then speeds up a bit to get rid of those keys and then slows down again.
the main purpose of this beta is to get users to stress/bug/balance test the game. I simply mentioned this as a way to us this time effectively to make sure this game isnt rushed like many other highly anticipated mmos from larger developers *cough*funcom*cough*
This has been discussed many times already. Rest assured, if they need more testers they will hand out more keys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info