Trading NEEDS IMPROVING!

GGG, I will admit that you make the best ARPG that has ever been made, but i don't understand how you can release so much content each year and you just neglect some of the core systems within the Console version of the game.

It is so hard to trade efficiently, waiting days for a bow that you need to level your character. By the time get the bow you already out-leveled that bow and you need a higher level bow.
I bet if you look at the trading "trafic" it would be completely non-existent, most trades being in limbo until the offer is withdrawn due to no one excepting/rejecting the trade in decent time/quick enough.

A lot of other people have already posted lots of ways you could improve it but you never even comment or release any infromation about these issues that 99% of the console player base obviously have. Why release the game on console if you are going to make the trading almost impossible.

Ideas:

Buy-out Option:
I know the first comment is going to say "Well, I think you will find that GGG have already commented saying that this will most likely not happen"
Shut up with your pandering comments and get real. They need to listen to what is left of the console community and start imrpoving the trading in the console version of the game. The PC version already have a much better trading community and lets them use 3rd party mods for trading.

If someone wants to sell something for 1 chaos and I want to buy it for 1 chaos, as a console player, it would be so much more efficient to let me instantly buy-out that item. It is the only logical solution to this system as even making a chat system would create a sluggish trading system as typing on console is very slow without using extra perihperals or external devices like using your computer/phone to type.

This will also be really useful as it would allow us to keep trading when logged out and people trying to buy items, instead of having to only view items listed by players who are currently online, will have a much bigger pool of items to choose from.

Pricing of Premium Stashtabs:
PC has it, why not console. Will pair nicely with the Buy-Out option.
Enough said.

Advanced Marketplace Search:
Currently it is nearly impossible to find the items you are looking for on the marketplace. There are very few ways in which you can change search parameters. You can not even search for specific uniques.

At the end of the day, a lot of people have put a lot of time and money into the console version, and I'm sure, GGG, that you have also put a lot of effort and money into making it and keeping it up to date with the PC version. However the game can not carry on like it is on console, trading is the biggest part of the player interaction on your MMOARPG.
I do not understand why it is so hard to find any infromation about why nothing has been done over the years or if you are currently resolving these issues which 99% of the console community have.
I have always seen your company as being a very open and collaborative with its community but I now have severe doubt that you have any interest in the console version of your game and the console community as a whole.

The issues with trading in the console version of your game is the sole reason why me and I think its safe to say the majority of the console community do not put any more money into your game and and dropped off from playing the game entirely for the most part. (we may come back and the start of leagues or when the POE bug hits us).

I fail to see any drawbacks from any of these trading suggestions made by me and other people except for human error which is the case for anything ever...

Yours Sincerely,
A Fan

P.S
I do hope that you read the endless posts about your trading system on console, and I hope that in the near future you hopefully adding the communities suggestions ro atlease addressing them openly to us.

Last edited by Holborow on Feb 26, 2019, 10:33:39 AM
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2019, 2:33:30 PM
Another issue is when online but playing different leagues. If I'm on w/e current league is going, it will show me online for standard (and vise versa). But there is no notification that some is trying to buy something from you in the other league. I assume the same can be said if you are on HC or SC.

And since it shows us online, the buyer thinks we are just ignoring them and wasting their time.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
"
Corrison wrote:
Another issue is when online but playing different leagues. If I'm on w/e current league is going, it will show me online for standard (and vise versa). But there is no notification that some is trying to buy something from you in the other league. I assume the same can be said if you are on HC or SC.

And since it shows us online, the buyer thinks we are just ignoring them and wasting their time.

Are you sure that is the case?

I heard that it was not as I asked this question to a bunch of experienced players a few weeks ago.

I was in a party on Xbox with them and asked this same question.

They all said that when you are online in league it only shows for league.
You have to go to standard for it to show your standard items.

But I think some testing needs to prove this.

Put up an item in Standard for a stupid price.
You go to league and a friend goes to standard.
Friend searches for said item in On-line only on Standard to see if it shows up.
(Unless you have already tested this and I have been misinformed, by these other folks)

"
xPeleusx wrote:
"
Corrison wrote:

Are you sure that is the case?

I heard that it was not as I asked this question to a bunch of experienced players a few weeks ago.

I was in a party on Xbox with them and asked this same question.

They all said that when you are online in league it only shows for league.
You have to go to standard for it to show your standard items.

But I think some testing needs to prove this.

Put up an item in Standard for a stupid price.
You go to league and a friend goes to standard.
Friend searches for said item in On-line only on Standard to see if it shows up.
(Unless you have already tested this and I have been misinformed, by these other folks)

Have not thoroughly tested this. I notice it just before league end when I try to clean up my standard stuff. Ill pop into league to see what I have that I won't need (doubles) and try to unload it. Go back to Standard to verify rolls and be here for 10-20 mins. Will have 3+ offers waiting back in league that will be cancelled and re-sent to me for people thinking I was AFK.

Now in this scenario, I am league hoping which could be related to the issue. We don't know how long we are shown as Online, if it is league specific. There are just too many factors until we get an answer from GGG.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Yeah, I see what you mean by league hoping.

Even though you were just in standard and just left, how often does the server update to show you are no longer there.

The big thing as well going from league to standard is that all stash tabs in league that are marked for public need to be unmarked in standard.

This way it only shows us the stash tabs that current.
If you want to sell your stuff in standard then you have to go in and re-set those tabs to public.

I was just in there the other day and folks are trying to sell a Soul Mantle for 50c and more. Not even perfect rolls or 6 link either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info