New player, a bit overwhelmed!

I would go directly to filter blade instead of github for the neversink filter. He has a lot of notes and tips there. And you can go directly to the download tab and get several strictness level filters simultaneously so you don't have to go back several times.
-
Last edited by qqwwqwqq on Aug 6, 2019, 5:43:20 PM
Things I wish I knew

-At some point life potions dont cut it, you need leech or life gain on hit or something for most builds (ES is different but its not beginner friendly) so plan for that

-Your own builds will kinda suck for a while (lets say your first 5 builds will be objectively bad), but can be more fun than build guides because they are yours

-Even good builds will hit a wall on gear or just phases where they are weak, don't give up. Find a way to improve. Ask for help with your build on the forums and 99/100 you will get good advice from players with 1000s of hours.

-Even good builds will die on certain bosses if you dont know the mechanics (dont stand in the fire!) so don't give up assuming its your build. You might just have to youtube the fight and try again.

-One more or less link on your damage skills can change damage by 50%, so if a build guide has a 6 link, and you only have 5 links, don't expect to faceroll through content

-Play in the leagues generally for more fun, but don't feel that you have to use the league content
"
trev1972 wrote:
Thanks all, watching tutorials now

I want to love the game, i love the financial model, the frequent updates etc and the community is so different to wow etc from what i've seen so far.

But having just reached act two, i can honestly say i am as lost as ever and have no idea of the story or what i am doing. Even the ending quest lines confused the heck out of me - maybe i am too old and stupid for these games nowadays :)

I have messed around with POE on and off for years and I still do not know what I am doing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info