(Question) Is open world?

This game is open world where u can see all people on the same league while u do ur own (like all mmorpgs) OR is like diablo where u create a game with a max players and u see that players only?
"
stellos wrote:
This game is open world where u can see all people on the same league while u do ur own (like all mmorpgs) OR is like diablo where u create a game with a max players and u see that players only?

The only part of the world where you see other players who are not in your party are the towns. Everything else is instanced, pretty much like Guild Wars if you have ever played it.
Last edited by Thaenalas on Aug 13, 2011, 4:30:28 PM
i hope so
well thanks for the info but i read the Dev Diary: Planned PvP FeaturesWednesday article and i see the next feature "Players in the optional “cut-throat” leagues will get to experience a more intense form of PvP – the ability for players to invade their instances and kill them, taking their items. "
That is that i'm looking for :) i think all info that i wanted to know is given so this thread can be close xD
Last edited by stellos on Aug 13, 2011, 7:08:11 PM
"
Thaenalas wrote:
The only part of the world where you see other players who are not in your party are the towns. Everything else is instanced, pretty much like Guild Wars if you have ever played it.

This is correct.

Certain leagues (like cutthroat league) will have public instances as well so you'll be able to see (and fight) other people anywhere. Even here, instances will have a maximum number of players allowed at a time. This is to ensure server stability.
Forum Sheriff
Last edited by tpapp157 on Aug 13, 2011, 6:57:14 PM
i believe Chris said on the most recent video interview i watched he said 34 in towns and 6 in party instances but that interview was before beta even started. hope i remembered those numbers right
i <3 minesweeper
"
stellos wrote:

Think guild war, towns are all shared with instances if it's too many, I think, the fighting areas will be solo if you want it to be and you don't play cutthroat.
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info