Don't you hate it when ..

.. you hear/see/feel something and then you are reminded of something completely unrelated to what you actually just heard/saw/felt?

For example, earlier today I was in the bathroom of an Arby's and then the speaker started playing that "tell me lies, tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies" song. And my brain immediately went, "Oh, that's the Todd Howard song" lol.
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2019, 7:03:53 PM
Music taste you took on because of them but never really loved (even actually hated) may be the most satisfying thing to break with someone on.

Out, damned Spotify!

Doesn't quite work, but who cares about the context. Ears, standards, and taste got murdered, 'tis enough.

I think there's a word for the phenomenon you're talking about, coatofarms, like deja vu. I'd look it up, but leaving it open to Charan's wit is more fun.

Last edited by erdelyii on Feb 10, 2019, 3:05:11 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:

I lucked up with the ex-wife though: she was big into Creed, so all our divorce did was increase my reasons for hating Creed. Anything else we shared, I *reclaimed* -- favourite movies, favourite books, etc. But Creed? Yeah, she can have that shit.

The greatest sin in music is mediocrity. Creed is guilty af.

OTOH, being "big into Creed" should* have been a red flag.(*proper use of the word should)
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
I feel that way too. That naive and Australian go together isn't helped by enthusiastic bastards like Steve Irwin, but can't blame him and Ken Done etc for all of it. I'm not so urbane as many overseas, especially as I haven't travelled to far-flung places yet. Still, I'd rather be a wonderstruck hick and a bit embarrassing on the love of cockies and * the oils than a jaded [Removed by Support], any day. Happy medium, eh?

I am glad you said more Australian there, Charan.

So, it looks like time is a factor, coatofarms.

Temporal Proximity Links Unrelated News Events in Memory

*No climbing Uluru any more been phasing it out for some years now final, no camping there, some progress. I feel blessed to have walked around the base of it, was more than enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info