Heavily weighted enchantments in a far too diluted pool

The enchantment system needs some work. Over 450 possible helmet enchants of which over half are used by nobody, and the non meta niche enchants are so weighted to never be rolled that some builds can never be completed. I just finished my 500th enchant on my helmet trying for Harold of agony mana reservation reduction, and only hit anger mana reservation reduction once. On Xbox there is no poe trade just the absolute garbage trade board and I went through over 1000 pages of offline helmets and never found that enchantment. This enchantment is like getting the queens sacrifice prophecy to drop (fucking impossible). Without this enchantment I can't use hatred which would practically double my damage and allow me to do all end game content. A great idea for reworking the enchantment system would be each roll on an item gives you a choice of 3 enchantments. Also reduce the number of possible enchantments per skill to down from 4 or more for some skills. Another good idea would be to allow item enchantments to be sealed similar to imprinted beast orbs. This way lab farmers could still make currency off desirable enchantments, but players who need niche uniques for their enchantments wouldn't be stuck with a starkonja or devotos or whatever other meta helmets people dump enchants on. This issue is more problematic for console players again, because we are restricted to this abominable trade board.
Last bumped on Feb 15, 2019, 6:57:05 AM
Enchantments are there to enhance your build not to enable it, build better next time.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
It depends on the build. I dont consider shaper to be end game content and I can do that with the build. I consider Uber elder the only end game content outside of deep delving, and the enchantment becomes a requirement at the point. It's part of min maxing which you clearly don't know anything about. You also know nothing about pure Harold of agony builds. That helmet enchantment is a must have if you run SoTL.
Last edited by AlmighttyGoku on Feb 8, 2019, 4:19:35 PM
Instead of getting mad you should try getting good. If I can kill everything in the game with meme shit like sweep, leap slam, flame dash etc then why are you struggling using AC (something that performs well enough to kill everything while being unlinked)? It's pretty obvious who doesn't know about builds since you think you need all that extra shit to clear content that can be done using unlinked skills if you know what you're doing.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
not sure why youd choose a build that was "locked" behind a single helm enchant. there are many other builds that will suffice without something like that. or farm lab. no one is stopping you from that. maybe make better decisions next league though. hinging an entire build on a helm enchant is just dumb af
https://twitter.com/pvnktrashzak/status/1094866240441671681
First off, not a league player. did shaper and Uber elder in league, and stopped playing because I didn't care for it. read the post before you comment it clearly says standard player. and second this is a feedback and suggestions section, not a subreddit [Removed by Support] It's Not "hinging" on an enchant, the enchant vastly improves its quality of life. not everyone chooses meta run of the mill builds [Removed by Support] some people want a challenging build that is theory crafted. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by CJ_GGG on Feb 9, 2019, 3:25:10 PM
Imagine playing AC, one of the most popular builds at the moment and also virtually indifferent as to where you allocate points on your tree, and being so delusional you think you've created an off-meta masterpiece.
"
AlmighttyGoku wrote:
First off, not a league player. did shaper and Uber elder in league, and stopped playing because I didn't care for it. read the post before you comment it clearly says standard player. and second this is a feedback and suggestions section, not a subreddit [Removed by Support] It's Not "hinging" on an enchant, the enchant vastly improves its quality of life. not everyone chooses meta run of the mill builds [Removed by Support] some people want a challenging build that is theory crafted. [Removed by Support]

lol
[Removed by Support] i say better luck next league because at end of league the item dump will help your odds. and again, if your build revolves around a literal .7% chance helm enchant, you may want to reroll. [Removed by Support]
https://twitter.com/pvnktrashzak/status/1094866240441671681
Last edited by CJ_GGG on Feb 9, 2019, 3:26:46 PM
Just ignore those guys. One clearly didnt even read your post and is just throwing around phrases like dumb af or idiot. Telling you to run some lab... I totally missed the point when it switched from, every living creature deserves respect until it does something to loose it, to, noone has respect unless he earns it. I think uneducated natives of any jungle tribe have better manners.

I am sure, that even GGG also thinks similar about enchantments as you, its probably just not yet on their radar. I mean on PC its easier, as you can run lab super fast with movement skills and without desync and you have actually ways to search for the enchant. I asked previously, to make an index (subcategory) for helm enchants, like you can select the enchant and then see all the helmets that have it. Would make also farming lab much more lucrative. But yeah, no response from the xbox team in that regard. I think it would even be enough to have just one sub category under helmets,boots,gloves called enchated.

Like:

All
Enchanted
... base types ...

It wouldnt be too easy, but at least from here you could easily work with the text filter.
I feel that Trade Board stuff is in the domain of the Console Community while changes to stuff like Lab Enchants is more a total Community thing. Hence I will be sticking to comments regarding Console Trade.

So I agree that trading in rares needs improvement. If the player base ever takes off, I think that trade in rares will collapse under it's own weight as the number of pages of items soars. There is room to say that it is already grinding to a halt.

But I cannot currently agree that enchantments deserve special treatment. There are probably people looking for Shaper/Elder mods for example - or just combinations of life/resist/attribute that could also use a break.

Looking for a specific enchant is probably one of the most efficient searches out there - miles of nothing with the odd hit - or not. I consider a search with several hits a page to be far more burdensome (typically if you want to take into account open affixes, you can run several specific searches or one more general one, and hence the multiple hits). Any search where you are forced into searching the "All" category has the potential to be punishing.

I'm not saying trade is fine - just that I would be disappointed if GGG did something for just Lab Enchants at the expense of a more general improvement. And I do think that GGG resources allocated to Console are limited and it is a zero sum game regarding changes.

And my read of the Trade Manifesto is that Chris Wilson at least, thinks that Trade has become too dominant on PC. I really do not think that the role played by Trade on PC is what GGG is aiming for on console.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Last edited by AnExile_onthePath on Feb 9, 2019, 10:53:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info