The game crashes several times a day

Last bumped on Feb 13, 2019, 1:12:17 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It has crashed again.
Again. This time inside a Zana's "don't die" map.
Last edited by Elertar on Feb 1, 2019, 6:00:04 PM
Again. During Ivory Temple boss battle.
Add two more crashes in the last couple of hours. One in the mine and another while taking a portal to town.
I'm sorry to hear this is happening! Client crashes and disconnects are sent to us automatically, and we look into the report ourselves.

If you have steps to reproduce the crash please let us know, as this can help a lot in tracking down the cause! :)
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
New crash when fighting the boss of the Lair of the Hydra T16 map.
Hi,

are you up for some troubleshooting?

0. Do you get an error message or just a plain freeze of the game and Windows is ok? Do you have similar behaviour with other triple A games?
1. Please post your full PC specs. Overclocked? Are temperatures ok?
2. Bios updated? Drivers updated?
3. Windows 10 with updates or using older Windows like Windows XP?
4. What client you are using? Steam or Standalone? 32 or 64 bit exe?
5. Did you check the file integrity with Pack Check for both clients (Steam and Standalone)? ( https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531 )
6. Does the freeze happen with Steam and Standalone client and with both 32 and 64bit executables? You will find them in the POE installation folder. Steam should automatically select the 64bit via the Desktop Shortcut if your system is able to do so. If you have an older PC you obviously can not run the 64bit executable if I am not mistaken.

Another crash in Lair of the Hydra.
"
RPGNoobANKA wrote:
Hi,

are you up for some troubleshooting?

0. Do you get an error message or just a plain freeze of the game and Windows is ok? Do you have similar behaviour with other triple A games?
1. Please post your full PC specs. Overclocked? Are temperatures ok?
2. Bios updated? Drivers updated?
3. Windows 10 with updates or using older Windows like Windows XP?
4. What client you are using? Steam or Standalone? 32 or 64 bit exe?
5. Did you check the file integrity with Pack Check for both clients (Steam and Standalone)? ( https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531 )
6. Does the freeze happen with Steam and Standalone client and with both 32 and 64bit executables? You will find them in the POE installation folder. Steam should automatically select the 64bit via the Desktop Shortcut if your system is able to do so. If you have an older PC you obviously can not run the 64bit executable if I am not mistaken.

Thanks, let's see.

0. Most of the time the game crashes straight up to the desktop. Windows is ok. There is a little lag in the actions for a couple of seconds prior to the crash.

1. Intel Core i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, Windows 10 Pro 64 bits (anything else?). Not overclocked. GPU Temperature 54ºC, HDD 23ºC, SSD 28ºC, CPU doesn't say, don't know why.

2. Graphic driver updated. BIOS not sure how to check if it is updated or not.

3. Windows 10 with updates.

4. I've tried both and both crash. The shortcut I'm using points to PathOfExile.exe so I guess 32bit. I'll try using the 64 bit for a while.

5. Yes, they're both ok.

6. I'm gonna try 64bit then.

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I forgot to say that a couple of times I got a "Vector <T> too long" message after crashing.
Last edited by Elertar on Feb 6, 2019, 5:23:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info