Noob Question: Part Deux

So, I have a new question. (The cyclone build is working MUCH better BTW, thank you for the advice from my other thread)

I have a Cast on Damage Taken gem supporting an Abyssal Cry gem, which is also supported by a knockback and, umm something else.

The Cast on Damage taken has a max supported level of 40, the Abyssal Cry has a required level of 36, but the other two support gems are 49 and 52.

Will:
A) the Abyssal Cry fire at full effect since IT is below the required level.
B) the Abyssal Cry will fire, but unsupported by the two higher level support gems
C) the Abyssal Cry won't fire at all.

I haven't SEEN it fire at all, but it's kinda hard to spot sometimes.
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2019, 6:45:22 PM
Abyssal Cry won't fire since it's not spell but war cry. :-)

If you used some spell then support gems supporting it for CwDT doesn't have to meet level requirements of CwDT.

Courtesy of automatic enduring cry on CwDT -> then GGG split it because of it.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
Last edited by Filousov on Jan 23, 2019, 9:10:35 AM
Above is correct, you can't use War Cry with CWDT

Instead use Immortal Call w/ Increased Duration, and possibly a Curse Gem like Enfeeble or Warlord's Mark if you need leech/end charges. (Most do ~lvl 3 CWDT and lvl 5 IC, or level 1 and lvl 3 I think)

Can also use CWDT + Molten Shell, or CWDT + Frost Bomb(reduces enemy life regen, and cold res if you deal cold but even without the life regen is nice)

Supports can be as high of a level as you want, it's only the skill that's being triggered that'll need to be below the threshold.

Adding supports like Blind can be nice for more defenses.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/66a2h4/list_of_useful_cwdt_setups_did_i_miss_any/

A list that's a little older but still a good reference.
It's better to be Lucky, than Good
Well, that explains why it never fired off...

Animate weapon is a spell that should fire, correct?

*plots a new setup...

Nevermind. max lvl 9 weapons? Pfft. *looks into frost bomb and molten shell
Last edited by Phoenicis on Jan 23, 2019, 7:22:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info