Rage as a death reason....?

I know rage is strong, but why the heck someone should die because he is in rage? I could handle if you'd say I get as character more damage, cause with rage you get more reckless, so the damage over time is also ok, but why it doesn't stop at 1 life like "blood rage" or why doesn't it stop if you change between map and the arena? I mean you just need 1 lag and you are dead cause of a d*mb skill mechanic that is totally senseless. Not even righteous fire kills you..... Rage make's the berserker so totally retarded to play, that it is no fun to play anymore. You'd need a reg that slows the effect so enourmosly that you don't even want the buffs of berserk in anyway. It's better to use Juggernaut or any other class. Even a Ranger Raider would be preferable, because you have a better effect of endless frenzy charges then you can get with rage,... 20% movement speed, who care's? 100% increased attack damage is like nothing if you can die from that effect, just by changing the area. 50% attack speed is the only really good effect of this ascendancy path and you can get a far better and safer effect out of a raider with 7 frenzy charges which you get by simply skilling the ascendancy and all the frenzy charges a raider anyway takes. That alone result into 28% more damage + 49% attack speed + 21% movement speed and if u use the onslaught ascendancy, additional 40% attack/ cast and movement speed, which means a total of 28% more damage, 89% increased attack speed and 61% movement speed.
And the Berserk? A total of 40% more damage, while you get 10% more damage yourself from all sources and additional 10% of life as damage over time (if the 10% more damage doesn't also count onto this effect in addition), and 20% movement speed. That's a joke!

Raider: 28% more damage (20% increased) // 89% increased attack speed // 61% movement speed - doesn't get any degen effects

Berserk: 40% more damage (100% increased) // 50% increased attack speed // 20 % movement speed and a degen effect of 10% max life per second

So compared I get 12% more + 80% inc damage; have 49% less attack speed and 41% less movement speed; getting 10% more damage from all sources (worse then abyssus) and a degen of 10% max life per second, with a high chance of just dying while changing areas in a map? And I am able to use as example "blood rage" for raider with a not as crazily bad effect as rage gives the berserk, for additional attack speed and leech....

The points I'd need to spec into regen are so high that a raider easily can compensate the more and inc damage from a berserk and even then has more defences then the berserk, cause he don't get 10% more damage from all sources? I mean what the F*ck was the target of just f*cking the berserk so epically and make him completely useless? What kind of sense make's a berserk who dies from his own effects if you don't play him tanky? Raiders are better berserkers then the berserkers are....

If you don't use the Warcry ascendancy in combination with the double rage and the 40% more damage, you just need a scenario of having a life flask with 1 charge and any map with a part where are no enemies waiting and in worst case a arena with loading second. GG, you are dead because you start the boss fight with 300 life instead of 6k or more and you keep on loosing.... any zana mission with don't die or leave is pure pain with such scenario's or a bad connection.

Can you PLEASE fix that senseless debuff effect, so it doesn't kill you anymore?

THANK YOU
Last edited by Ondrugs on Jan 22, 2019, 3:30:28 PM
Last bumped on Jan 26, 2019, 4:32:37 AM
Maybe he's dying from a heart attack ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, sorry. Seriously now,

I think berserker would be nicer if the increase to hits stats (damage, atk sped, etc) would be passively proportional to how much life you have left, so if you are at full life you have no increase to damage or atk spd, but when you start to lose life your stats increase; if you are at, let's say, 1 life, then you would hit like a truck. Of course reserved life wouldn't count towards that.

Much better then this degen in my opnion :p
Last edited by jhssf on Jan 22, 2019, 4:34:50 PM
"I mean you just need 1 lag and you are dead cause of a d*mb skill mechanic that is totally senseless."

Just dont use rage then. simple as that
Oh man it's time for a reddit meme: username checks out. You are definitely on drugs.

Anyway,

"
but why it doesn't stop at 1 life like "blood rage"

Blood Rage doesn't stop at 1 life. Blood Rage can kill you just like Rage can. You're thinking of Righteous Fire. And why can Righteous Fire not kill you? Because it's righteous. The righteous would never kill themselves on purpose. The raging, though....
First of all, don't take the rage branch of the ascendancy. There is simply said not a single reason to take it. Second, don't counteract the life regen at all costs. Go only as far as you need to counteract the 5%, which isn't a problem at all.

@itsmez
It is nearly impossible to go berserker without building up rage. You have 6 notables in your ascendancy tree and 3 of them generate rage.

All in all, the berserker ascendancy is quite underwhelming. I leveled an arc hierophant and currently an arc witch and both are much smoother to play. In the current state, I would say that, you simply play a spellcaster. That is it.

How could the berserker be buffed?
Make rage more rewarding; or
Give him an additional notable that give his warcrys additional effects no other ascedancy can get. From the 3 warcrys currently available, enduring cry is the only one you should use. I tried Abyssal cry and it was useless, due to its short range. Rallying cry is also underwhelming because you already have a high amount of increased damage.
"
codetaku wrote:
Oh man it's time for a reddit meme: username checks out. You are definitely on drugs.

Anyway,

"
but why it doesn't stop at 1 life like "blood rage"

Blood Rage doesn't stop at 1 life. Blood Rage can kill you just like Rage can. You're thinking of Righteous Fire. And why can Righteous Fire not kill you? Because it's righteous. The righteous would never kill themselves on purpose. The raging, though....

First of all, excuse me that I am not like you just copy-pasting meta builds and want to see other skills then Tectonic Slam, Cyclone and all the caster stuffs on Top.

Ok my bad there with blood rage. Anyway, the rage degen effect is far stronger then blood rage could get in any possiblity and just skilling the first rage node is waste, so the whole berserker ascendancy is kinda wasted, you are also able to reduce the damage of blood rage with the pantheon's, while it doesn't seem to affect the rage from berserkers. And blood rage has only a base duration of 11 sec, which you mostly want to buff with inc duration to 16 sec, while rage has a base duration of about 30 sec, with a huge difference in degen. There are no reasons to play a berserker over any other class. Why GGG would want to "balance" a class to a none existing value. In the past you were able to see other classes/ascendancy nerfs which were also strong but not as bad as this one.
Why you would want to skill anything else from the berserker? The leech is useless since you are unable to leech 100% of your damage for real. The buffs you gain from it like attack speed and damage are not to mention.

Righteous? A word is no explanation for a death reason or not, since vaal righteous fire was a corrupted gem and in your logic wouldn't be able to stop at 1 life. Anyways we can clearly see in world how righteous it is and the definition of righteous is a fantasy. Even Dominus know that....
Last edited by Ondrugs on Jan 26, 2019, 4:35:50 AM
"
jhssf wrote:
Maybe he's dying from a heart attack ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, sorry. Seriously now,

I think berserker would be nicer if the increase to hits stats (damage, atk sped, etc) would be passively proportional to how much life you have left, so if you are at full life you have no increase to damage or atk spd, but when you start to lose life your stats increase; if you are at, let's say, 1 life, then you would hit like a truck. Of course reserved life wouldn't count towards that.

Much better then this degen in my opnion :p

This sounds like a resonable change for it, but it would need a far greater buff with the current mechanic. since it's not worth it even now were you are able to get all the buffs on full life...
"
Erzengel_I wrote:
First of all, don't take the rage branch of the ascendancy. There is simply said not a single reason to take it. Second, don't counteract the life regen at all costs. Go only as far as you need to counteract the 5%, which isn't a problem at all.

@itsmez
It is nearly impossible to go berserker without building up rage. You have 6 notables in your ascendancy tree and 3 of them generate rage.

All in all, the berserker ascendancy is quite underwhelming. I leveled an arc hierophant and currently an arc witch and both are much smoother to play. In the current state, I would say that, you simply play a spellcaster. That is it.

How could the berserker be buffed?
Make rage more rewarding; or
Give him an additional notable that give his warcrys additional effects no other ascedancy can get. From the 3 warcrys currently available, enduring cry is the only one you should use. I tried Abyssal cry and it was useless, due to its short range. Rallying cry is also underwhelming because you already have a high amount of increased damage.

Thank you for your comment. Very reasonable.

"Don't take rage branch"

Berserker has actually just 1 good branch and that is the more damage, anything else is wasted to skill, but rage gives at least some useful buffs in addition to the damage. SO it means don't use berserk at all.

"the 5% degen isn't a problem"

That's correct, but the rage stack doesn't vanish fast enough to counteract just those 5%, the rage needs about 3-4 sec to start vanishing from my character and then loose stacks about all 0,5 sec. In total 30 sec, that's as much as clearing a good map to the half.... to counteract 5% in the most effective way from skill tree, I'd need 7 skill points just for the nodes, not the way to skill them, for me that is a huge investment, cause with the path's it's nearly 1/5 of the whole tree of skill points.

"All in all, the berserker ascendancy is quite underwhelming. I leveled an arc hierophant and currently an arc witch and both are much smoother to play. In the current state, I would say that, you simply play a spellcaster. That is it."

I know that spellcasters are OP again and I can also see that the development is going to CI builds again, since you are able to reach huge amounts of ES again with no downsides, I wonder when instant leech will return in any kind of mechanic for ES.

Anyway thank you for your opinion and your believe's

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info