Delay before I'm able to Pick up Items / Interact .. sometimes

Hello, I'm experiencing a problem that seems to be getting worse the more I play.

Items drop and about 30% of the time I can't interact with them (or anything IG: Chests.. NPC ect for about 5 seconds. Then I'm able to interact again normally)

as this has been repeating even after restarting my pc and the game, I have noticed that my latency is 100% normal. No problems shown whatsoever.

My PC SPecs: Processor Intel Core i7-7700k CPU @ 4.20GHz
RAM: 16GB
Windows 10
Graphics Card: NVIDIA 1070ti

Please let me know if anyone has experienced such a problem or similar.. how can I fix it. I feel like it's something to do with the games memory dump / cache? but I'm not sure because I'm not very tech savvy. Thanks!
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2019, 3:32:28 PM
Did you try to reposision the loot by pressing the Z key twice? It hides all loot and then shows it again. Doing this, you will reposition loot closer to you.

If you are doing something (for example an incursion) where a shit ton of loot will spawn, and you are close to a wall or a bunch of objects, the loot text might appear behind the wall or objects and thus be unclickable. Pressing Z twice will sort it out for you.

I dont know if this is what happened to you, but its the only instance where I havent been able to loot something.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Yes, I 've tried that.. doesn't help. Also I can't click NPC's and chests. So I'm not thinking it's a problem with loot overlapping.
"
Eynox wrote:
Yes, I 've tried that.. doesn't help. Also I can't click NPC's and chests. So I'm not thinking it's a problem with loot overlapping.

I never experienced anything like it in all my years of playing the game, so I have a hard time thinking what could be wrong. Is your mouse button messed up? Ever experienced that you cant move somewhere?
Check your Latency (press F1). That can happen with high latency.

wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
also latency spikes and/or packet loss

try running a connection test while experiencing this issues. guide
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jan 19, 2019, 1:33:17 PM
"
Check your Latency (press F1). That can happen with high latency.

wolf

He already said his latency is 100% normal.
Hello there.

If you're not already using it, i suggest you switch your Network Mode (in the options) to "Lockstep" (not "Lockstep (auto)"), to see if that behaviour remains.
That could be a good way to tell if you're suffering from some nasty desynch occurences.
Let us know.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Thank you for all the tips! I'll be trying out some of your recommendations today and post an update.

Yes, no one seems to be having similar issues, I'll record a clip if I can as well. My latency remains at 15ms and doesn't spike but maybe one of these tests will help.

It's very strange, I can kill mobs during the 5-8 second window that I can't pick up loot or open doors.
Does it happen when you play alone, in a party or both cases?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info