PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Got butchered by level 80 Mastermind

"
johnKeys wrote:

I got destroyed on my first attempt at Uber Elder as well some time ago, but that one at least felt like I had a fighting chance.

Do you mean red elder perhaps? Uber elder is where you fight shaper and elder together so i find this hard to believe.

Mastermind fight is just running around the statue behind the wave attack in a clockwise order while attacking her with your ranged attack.

Also running on top of the skeleton before they spawn prevents them from spawning at all.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Uber Elder. in Standard.
I beat Red Elder several times. once on my way to Shaper as part of Zana's final fragment, back in Incursion, and a few more encounters after that.

Uber Elder is an insane fight, but it felt somewhat fair even though I got my ass kicked.
except one Elder freeze while being Shaper balled. that was not fun at all.

Running around the statue clockwise is exactly what I did, when I beat the Mastermind on my first encounter. but this time it was "turbo" in such a way I couldn't run fast enough AND deal damage to her. previously I could. I even got the the challenge of not being hit in the final phase, then.
didn't even get to the final phase, now.

running over the skeletons? ok... I was trying to hit the markers with Cold Snaps and Vortexes...
and after they spawn they are just immune to all, and I died.
looks like they don't expire, too. they are just there waiting for you to do one wrong move - while going after the boss or dodging the statue - and blow up in your face.

Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jan 18, 2019, 2:29:16 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
This I don't remember from my first (and only) successful attempt at level 72.

The totem is in a fkn frenzy, attacking with speeds exceeding the final phase of the previous encounter, even half-way through the fight. it's so fast, almost as if the wave moves in two lanes simultaneously.

And that "raise the dead" attack when explosive corpses start moving your way - AND they cannot be targeted AND are unaffected by curses e.g. Temporal Chains - is pure BS.

It may be "Uber Mastermind" at this level, with those extra skills - but it feels very unfair.
I got destroyed on my first attempt at Uber Elder as well some time ago, but that one at least felt like I had a fighting chance.
this one ... what the fuck am I supposed to do?

Did it previously and survived, but only after dying 4 times. Think it was level 76-77. The totem is nucking futs though. Looked like it was blowing one-shot mechanics in a 270 degree angle constantly, and the angle was always changing. Impossible to dodge. Especially when the area you can move around in is roughly the size of pubic hair's width.

Complete and utter chaos (sorry for the cheap pun).
i've absolutely annihilated the syndicate all league. genocide. even before any nerfs to them.

the mastermind, however, absolutely rekt me each time and i've never even seen the mastermind below 82 (i guess that's my fault for actually running maps instead of some shitty level 60 campaign instance over and over. because that sure sounds fun! /s)

and it's silly. even the syndicate members that are in the mastermind fight pose little/no threat. but the degens take me down in ~1 second, the crawlers nuke me, etc.

i'm not even complaining. and i find it funny. but i can totally understand people having difficulty with the mastermind. at least 82+.

it's a godawful matchup for my build.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Yes, the speed of the sculpture was the primary issue. It's just attacking in complete frenzy and I could not avoid getting hit by it.

At level 72 it became hectic in the final phase, but until then I was able to focus on other things on the screen as well, while running circles around it.
At level 80, I had no chance. The sculpture is nuts. Mastermind seems faster at jumping between positions, and less inclined to melee you (AI change?) - so you need to run around looking for her more (at which point you will get clipped by the sculpture). And of course that invulnerable explosive skeletons thing...

It's just a complete over-the-top fight where you are expected to face-tank, I think.
I can't face-tank. My strategy for hard/end-game bosses has always been evasive.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Sometimes she says "Give your soul to me" or something like that and does a giant cleave attack that seems to frenzy the statue.

It's really hard to understand what is going on in that fight and it is very repetitive. I did two masterminds only and then just left her even though i continued doing safehouses. My right hand would cramp up from all the running around and retargetting the constantly teleporting and invulnerable boss.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Prizy wrote:
It's weird but the fight seems like it is designed around the new skills. If you play any of the brands or winter orb the fight seems really easy since you only have to focus on dodging.

I just picked the wrong class again, haven't I.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info