Please give us proper Force Move!

I've played PoE on and off since beta, and this has been bugging the hell out of me through all these years. Why is there no proper force move in this game? It's like no dev understands the core of the issue.

Listen... I know you can put a force move command on your left mouse button. This doesn't help though. Two reasons for that: The first being the lack of available skill keys. I simply can't waste an entire skill slot for a force move. Secondly, the force move must be available on the left mouse button simultaneously with an attack on the same button, or it'd be way too clunky to use,

The reason a force move is necessary should be obvious. I don't know how many times I've died because the entire screen is filled with monsters. So, instead of moving you'll be attacking something.

The simple solution? There is already a force attack toggle available on skills. All you need to do is implement a force move toggle beside it as an alternative. Most veteran ARPG players use their SHIFT when they want to attack, to lock the character in place when you want to do so. This means that the character should ALWAYS move instead of attacking or using the ability unless you are holding SHIFT down.

I noticed that i.e. Consecrated Path currently works this way and it is a dream to play with that skill on the left mouse button.

I find this toggle to be absolutely necessary (and so do the people I play with) and yet this hasn't been implemented after so many years. Please do so! Now!
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2019, 4:02:25 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Can't you replace your left mouse button skill slot with a force move, though? I use it all the time. The icon looks like a set of footprints, and it does exactly what you're asking for, which is to move without stopping to attack something.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Thanks for trying to help, but did you even read my post?

"It's like no dev understands the core of the issue."

"I know you can put a force move command on your left mouse button."

Anyway, let me reiterate since this issue seems so hard to grasp for everyone, including the devs:

The currently existing toggle says something along the lines of "always attack instead of moving." Now, please add a new toggle that says "always move unless SHIFT is held." So, if you hold shift, you attack with your skill, if you don't, then you move. It's as simple as that.

Most veteran ARPG players always hold shift when attacking. I find it baffling that GGG hasn't realized this after all these years.
Last edited by Mortac on Jan 18, 2019, 1:52:41 PM
"
Mortac wrote:
Now, please add a new toggle that says "always move unless SHIFT is held." So, if you hold shift, you attack with your skill, if you don't, then you move. It's as simple as that.

Yeah if you put your auto attack there, it still swings. If you put a skill there and you happen to click where an enemy is it will use the skill (even if you don't have the lock active).

It's so overly complicated and stupid. I just use force walk there now and play builds that don't require a lot of buttons.

It's annoying. It is such a simple concept yet they complicated the fuck out of it when designing this new stupid ass toggle. It's like they never have played any other arpg.

Hold shift + attack = attack in place.
attack (with no enemies nearby) = walk to location
attack (with enemies nearby) = walk to location.

Basically asking for shift to always attack and other wise the attack always walks. It's so easy yet they fucked it all up. I stopped complaining because all they do is take what players want and over-design it and give it back to us.

The current design makes it so you can not put a proper attack in your left click button. It will still attack if an enemy is nearby (even if you don't have the toggle on). It's super annoying but whatever... just play right click to kill builds lol.
yes, their ui controls are still in closed beta status.

setting up keys is turning my hair gray. why isn't it possible to assing the control key to any skill like advanced item display?

what was the name of the function you could either assign to alt or the highlight key? lol, are we in 1990?

there were times i could use alt for picking up items and advanced item display. their console implementation killed that. i assigned some character to it, resulting in me typing that character in chat everytime chat was open.

i can only guess why pure movement isn't freely bindable. maybe it's seen as a intentional downside for using plenty of skills. eventually they want us to automate all actions, trigger skill supports were implemented for that.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Mortac wrote:

Listen... I know you can put a force move command on your left mouse button. This doesn't help though. Two reasons for that: The first being the lack of available skill keys. I simply can't waste an entire skill slot for a force move. Secondly, the force move must be available on the left mouse button simultaneously with an attack on the same button, or it'd be way too clunky to use,

I understand 1st reason - you want another skill slot. Second tho.. Why must movement be together with attack? It'd be more clunky to use if it was together, not other way around. Having to use 2 buttons to do 1 simple, often used action seems awful. Having to have one finger on that button all the time fucks with your hand.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info